Not open for further replies.

wacko920

Nov 20, 2014
Sacramento, CA
What I have:

Innokin itaste vv v3.0
Kanger Protank 2 with 1.8 and 2.2 ohm coils
Kanger Air Valve

I have tried both online e juice and local vape shop juice, 1.8 ohm and 2.2 ohm coils, both voltage and wattage at different levels, with and without the air valve. I'm getting very little flavor with a decent cloud at 6.5 watts, but when I try 7 watts I get a burnt flavor with a harsh burning in the back of my throat. I tried this same approach with volts and got the same results.

My brother just bought the MVP and Kanger aero 2 and is enjoying lots of flavor with a better cloud at the same wattage. I put my tip on his to try it and wow the difference in flavor is day and night. He was using my juice so it's the same in both devices.

Any clue as to why mine isn't working so well?

Edit: I forgot to add that I tried my battery with my brothers kanger aero and it worked great, so I tried the kanger 2 on the MVP with both air valve attached and not attached. The kanger 2 seems to be the problem, and I'm still not sure why.

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hey wacko!

Your PT2 is using single coil heads (pretty thin wire and silica wicking) Your brother's Aero 2 uses dual coils. I'm guessing because of the power disbursement on the dual coils, he's hitting the juice better than you can.

I run PT2s with the airflow controller, but I rebuild my coils and wick with cotton. I typically use 30g wire which is a little thicker than the stock coils (I'm guessing they're probably 32 or more likely 34g.)

I drive my coils with at least 9W on all different kinds of devices. Also, depending on your PG/VG content of your juice, his coils might be wicking better than yours....

I think the 1.8-2.2ohm range is a pretty decent spot for the VV3. Unfortunately, if you go to dual coils, you're going to drain your battery more quickly.

Did you put his tank on your VV3? What was that like? That might help affirm the coil question.

If you're inclined, you could learn to rebuild your kanger heads. Your VV3 can be your reader (that's what I used when I first started rebuilding.) I just blogged a response to another member that has some links to rebuilding as well as some references to blogs from Baditude (talking about ohm's/watts laws and battery safety) If it worked, you should be able to click on my blog counter under my avitar :)

wacko920

Nov 20, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the reply DingerCPA

I did try his aero 2 on my vv3 and the taste was really good. I'm not comfortable delving into building coils at this point, so I will consider an aero 2, or protank 3 since I already have an air valve. I use the passthrough most of the time, so battery life isn't a huge deal. If I do find that I need more battery I can always upgrade later.

In time I will start feeling more comfortable with all this and consider a better mod, making my own coils, dripping, and all that.

Thank you for the info it really helped

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Glad to assist :)

Learn to enjoy your current setup. You might want to get a couple different kinds of tanks to experience what each is like.

If you never get into rebuilding, that's perfectly o.k. If you do, please educate yourself first. I started mostly because I'm cheap, and I didn't want to buy any more coils :D (I DIY my juice now too, for the same reason!)

Have fun :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread