iTaste MVP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
I just bought my iTaste MVP on Friday 8/9/13, & bought a Kanger Protank-II to go with it.

I vaped no more than 450 puffs on it a day.

Yesterday, Monday 8/12/13:

1. the beauty ring it now frozen to it (can't untwist it off).

2. & the bottom knurled ring of the Protank-II is also stuck IN the beauty ring & I can't untwist it out.

Neither the iTaste or the Kanger Protank-II ever got hot (I mean, its all metal, & I would have burned my hand if it had gotten that hot to melt it).

I use Halo juices in it (not something sweet = Prime-15 & Tribeca).

Anyone else have this issue?

No way I overtightened it, as I am a middle age woman with hand arthritis.

Feel pretty bad, as that setup cost me $125. :(

Last edited:

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
You might not have over-tightened it, but you might have mis-threaded the Protank and or the beauty ring onto it, and that is why it is most likely stuck.
I was just thinking the same thing, the threads on this setup are a little rough & are probably easy to cross thread. I don't the Itaste MVP was designed with Kanger in mind. I have issues with mine turning off with my Evod's. You might want to try a jar lid gripper pad to back that beauty ring off.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Issue I had was when I try to take the Protank off, I ended up unscrewing the Protank bottom instead of the connection and spilling the juice. This isn't that easy to do IMO and it's happened to me twice. So now I jimmy the beauty ring a bit and slowly unscrew, as to not spill the juice. With other tanks like the iclear 16, I didn't even know you could use the beauty ring. Seems better without it to be honest.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
I had that problem (I'm the gal that requested help on the above mentioned thread)....and the threads on the beauty ring are sharp and can catch on some clearos and tanks. The start of the threading (from the top, as it sits on the MVP) can be especially sharp and caught my clearo. If you try to unscrew both the ring and clearo at the same time, or just the ring, it just digs in but you can't back it out. I took a tiny fine file and softened the threads just a tiny bit and so far no more catching.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Had issues with the beauty ring and some clearos - T3, evod and CEx. They seem to "catch" against the inside of the beauty ring, if they fit at all. So I just don't use it.

If using something with a 510 connection, I'll use either a short cone or the flared "adapter" like the one that comes with Protanks.

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
Actually, what happened is the iTaste & the Kanger Protank 2 bottom got WELDED together.

I charged it via the wall overnight, & thats when it must have happened & shorted. It never got hot in my hand, so thats when it must of happened. It was cool to the touch in the AM (so the device must have cut power to avoid a fire).

I kind of suspected it was welded together (by looking where each connects to each other as the "seam" there wasnt really distinguishable anymore), but my local ecig shop offered to help try getting it off. They couldnt either.

Finally we went ahead & just yanked it off. The wires were fried inside.

No more iTaste or Innokin devices for me! Thank goodness, I wasnt using my computer to charge it, or that might have fried too.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Actually, what happened is the iTaste & the Kanger Protank 2 bottom got WELDED together.

I charged it via the wall overnight, & thats when it must have happened & shorted. It never got hot in my hand, so thats when it must of happened. It was cool to the touch in the AM (so the device must have cut power to avoid a fire).

I kind of suspected it was welded together (by looking where each connects to each other as the "seam" there wasnt really distinguishable anymore), but my local ecig shop offered to help try getting it off. They couldnt either.

Finally we went ahead & just yanked it off. The wires were fried inside.

No more iTaste or Innokin devices for me! Thank goodness, I wasnt using my computer to charge it, or that might have fried too.

Wow!!!! I didn't know this could happen. Can it occur with any other device/tank?

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
Wow!!!! I didn't know this could happen. Can it occur with any other device/tank?

Yes it can & has, with mods, search ECF (& youtube also has videos of this happening). Its more unlikely with one that has protection, but obviously still happens. I've been vaping for 2.5 years, & also had a knockoff ego that also did something like this.

Ecig batteries, are big batteries, & any atomizer/ cartomizer/ clearomiser/ glassomiser etc, causes a lot of current (Amps level) to be drawn from them. Big current (ie: the amount of AMPs), is what generally what you're worried about.

So when you read a battery that says mAh, thats milliamp hours. Milliamp hours is a measure of how long the batteries last, not the AMPs drawn from a battery, when vaping. Don't confuse the two.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
You say it was turned off, so an internal fault is likely the culprit. Something inside must have failed while charging to bypass the power switch and over-time circuit. Good that that's all you lost! And a good reminder to not charge unattended. (Asleep is unattended!)

With any of the ego style batteries, you do have to remove the topper to attach the charger, but yes, and battery or charger can fail.

Not experienced this myself and ive had my MVP for months. I use a Davide Glasso with the beauty ring. I wouldnt fault Innokin... Not a single company in the history of ever has had a 100% flawless run of products, a few QC mishaps are bound to happen. Just curious, were you charging it via the *included* cable and adapter? Fairly sure I read somewhere Innokin saying to only use the included charging tools. Not sure if it would make any difference, j/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread