itazte vtr issues/ recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGraves

Feb 13, 2014
san antonio
I bought an Itazte VTR a few weeks ago and haven't been too impressed with it performance wise. It seems to be very inconsistent with the quality of vapor. I started out with an Aspire BDC (the shop I purchased it from included Aspire rather than IClear 30) and seemed to have problems with the hits. I would get dry hits or just overall no vapor. Bought an Aspire nautilus and used it with the extension and had no dry hits but still not a whole lotta vapor. I bought an IClear 30 and 30s and it helped some but I constantly seem to be fiddling with. I just got my Vamo V3 in last night and I love it. But I would like to enjoy both as I love the sturdiness of the Itazte but I don't have time to mess with it everytime I want to puff on it.

tank recommendations and adjustment tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

CaptainSpaulding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Sacramento
My VTR works great with iClear 30s tanks and Kanger Aerotanks. Havent tried the Aspire...

What wattage / voltage do you have it set to?

When I first got mine I saw the "vape power chart" that floats around here and was afraid to turn it up over 6 watts because of that chart. Turns out I get a way better vape with it closer to 8-9 watts with a 1.8ohm coil.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
On your VTR does you 510 connector 'wheel' rotate? The newer models don't. This has been a problem with VTRs and can cause the issues you've noted.
Increasing the voltage/wattage can greatly increase vapor production. But be advised that too high a v/w can cause burnt vapes. Increase v/w a little at a time until you begin detecting a faint burnt taste then decrease the v/w until is goes away.
I assume, that with the tanks you've mentioned on the Vamo you've not had problems?

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I had it set between 10 to 12.5 watts and 4.2 to 4.4 volts with a 2.1ohm coil but I will check it out with the 1.8 for sure. Thanks!!!!!!

You realize that the mod can only be in VW or VV mode at any given time. One has no effect on the other.

4.3 volts, 2.1 ohms = 8,8 watts.
If the display is indicating voltage, it is in voltage mode.

HisDudeness

Feb 20, 2014
King, NC
Ive had mine a week and like it but have had issues with burning while using the extension piece. If your lights are doing that Id take it back to where you bought it. That seems to be a defect. While in VW my power seems to change from time to time. Like ill find a sweet spot and in an hours time it would become too harsh and I have to change it. Good luck!

Ive had mine a week and like it but have had issues with burning while using the extension piece. If your lights are doing that Id take it back to where you bought it. That seems to be a defect. While in VW my power seems to change from time to time. Like ill find a sweet spot and in an hours time it would become too harsh and I have to change it. Good luck!

my experience was the opposite; with extension (not only was it easier to remove tank) it seemed to draw better.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Wow... I have 2 VTRs, both work great with any topper I put on it. I have several mechanical mods and VV devices but I keep using my VTR because its consistent and reliable.

I'd say you've received a faulty one or that aspire you bought is a dud. The topper has a lot to do with flavor too... The iclear 30s that typically come with the VTRs work great. I still use my iclear sometimes but after discovering rebuildable s I'm using my Russian and Kayfuns a lot...

I'd suggest you take it back where you bought it.

Mar 5, 2014
Tx
The extension defiantly helps with airflow. You might also consider getting some really good batteries such as the Sony VTC4, MNKE, or AW IMR's. I noticed much better performance vapor wise with much better batteries. And they are much safer :) Really, it sounds like there is something wrong with your device and hopefully the B&M you got it from can help you! Best of luck... :vapor:

The extension defiantly helps with airflow. You might also consider getting some really good batteries such as the Sony VTC4, MNKE, or AW IMR's. I noticed much better performance vapor wise with much better batteries. And they are much safer :) Really, it sounds like there is something wrong with your device and hopefully the B&M you got it from can help you! Best of luck... :vapor:

I talked to the fine staff at my Vape Store and they told me to get in contact with Innokin and tell them about the issues so I did just that. The main page said that it takes normally 3 business days to respond. It's been about two weeks and it's pretty disheartening at this point. I feel like I put all this money into a ....... paperweight. I really don't know what to do now other than just stare at it like .... Idk but once again thanks for all the feedback everyone I appreciate it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread