Status
Not open for further replies.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Several months ago I bought a VTR. I liked that it used 18650 batteries as I know from my flashlight obsession that the crack a good punch and last long.

Any way I was rolling cigs with Zen filters at the time so I ordered Zen e-juice for the VTR. The result was terrible dry, like smoking cornsilk. SO it sat in its box a couple months. There was literally no vapor.

Then I saw folks at work with a device similar to the VTR but cylindrical. Anyway they were getting big vapor puffs out of this much smaller machine. I knew something I was doing was not right.

SO I studied and got some good YR4 juice with 50/50 vg/pg. That helped a little.

Then I bought a Davide Anyvape BDC and that helped some more. Then I accidentally replaced the coil with a protank single and that actually seemed to help. Still not getting big puffs of vapor.

I've ordered about every YR4 to try. And now I read that the Aerotank is goo as is the Aspire Nautilus. So yes I ordered those.

This is getting expensive real fast. I like a fast heavy vapor drag. I haven't somked a cig in 2 days so this is worth it and fun.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Did you not like the i30s that came with the vtr? I thought they worked well and have read where others swear by them. I am a ProTank gal all the way until I got into dripping. I know this is frustrating. I'm sure others will have more helpful suggestions. I mainly just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I can't tell you how many times some wonderful person on ecf has helped me. It is nice to have a good support system and that is what you get with ecf. Good luck to you.

vettemn86

Dec 21, 2013
Delaware
I had the exact same issues with my VTR. The draw was tight, minimal vapor and flooding with my Vivi Nova Vfates. I saw it was recommended elsewhere here to get an airflow controller or a 510 to 510 adapter to increase the airflow. The bottom ring channels on the VTR arent very deep, so some attys with airflow holes on the bottom will not get much airflow when flush to the VTR's ring. Both the Airflow controller and 510 to 510 adapter worked for my setup and can be found pretty much anywhere for a few bucks. Mine both came from myvaporstore. On that same token, since you picked up the aerotank, that will probably help also as the air channels are on the side and not the bottom I believe.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
I have the VTR and with the I30S its chucks some good vapor and still has great flavor What settings are you using I set at 12Watts and 4.5 volts. Also when choosing coils look for 1.5 ohm these heat up faster and will give you a faster vape over the 2 ohm coils. Another trick is to blow into the device for 1 second then inhale. This lets the coil come up to temp and helps build vapor to be inhaled inside the device. You can also double hit taking in a hit for 1-2seconds keep holding the button while you inhale that then inhale from the device again. I use 60VG 40PG Juice so I get better vapor, the higher the VG the more vapor you get, but you have to also understand that the VG can gunk your coil up sooner. Its a trade off, I get good coil life for the 60/40 mix but do use 70/30 on some juice

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
the iclear 30S has the holes near the top of the 510 yes, but it has channels that run from the holes along the bottom surface to allow airflow even on a completely flat surface. The 30B is exactly the same. however it wont fit the VTR without modification. My VTR also has 4 channels at the mating surface of the 510 connection. on all 4 0f the 30S I have the draw is quite good on the VTR especially for mouth to lung inhales. Its just a tad tight for lung inhales but not bad. I have found by not snugging the 30S down onto the VTR (leaving it a little loose) the draw loosens a bit and permits a very good lung inhale. I do get a lot of vapor from even a mouth to lung inhale even fully tightened down. No its not 2mm Drilled out RDA vapor, But Its pretty close. Just an FYI there are some devices out that are airflow control they screw into the 510 on your Battery mod and allow your atomizer to screw into the device, the device is 2 piece and can be adjusted for airflow on just about any 510 atomizer that uses bottom airflow.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
I thought I should update this thread. IMHO the VTR tends to be on the lack of airflow side of the spectrum. When I paired it with an Aerotank today it literally turned into a beast. It handles 100% VG just fine now and there is enough air with 50/50 to actually need more than 9 watts.

I was so happy with the aerotank that I ordered the SVD for a smaller unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread