Ithaka new rebuildable part

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Ok I won 120 playing the lotto not 50 million but I bit the bullet Imeo and picked up the Ithaka new rebuild able part I can't wait to give it a try now I just need another Ithaka to do traditional builds it is a vicious game. LOL now to wait for Esterigon. Ps I ordered from fluid vapor i interested how fast it will go out you guys dont understand the vape mail stress customs sucks i have order stuff from china that has arrived faster. Anyone order from esmoke in Canada how long did it take?

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Ok I won 120 playing the lotto not 50 million but I bit the bullet Imeo and picked up the Ithaka new rebuild able part I can't wait to give it a try now I just need another Ithaka to do traditional builds it is a vicious game. LOL now to wait for Esterigon. Ps I ordered from fluid vapor i interested how fast it will go out you guys dont understand the vape mail stress customs sucks i have order stuff from china that has arrived faster. Anyone order from esmoke in Canada how long did it take?

So my new rebuidable arrived fast fast fast good job fluid i am loving it. It came in a box which surprised me but it was clean and ready to go after a quick wash. Great edition to my gg team. Thanks imeo

danks

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NY
Also got my new rebuildable part from fluid today! I never really tried micro coils before so I was really looking forward to dropping this in my Ithaka. Did my first build using a 2.5mm drill bit to wrap 30awg kanthal and threaded a piece of 3mm wick bishopheals style through the loop. Did about 6-7 wraps and i got .9 ohms then took my first vape with the JustGG and almost hit the floor! Amazing vapor production and flavor! I think I'll need to lower the nic in my future juice orders now! Great work imeo and thanks again fluid vapor!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys! Haven't been around, I've been incredibly busy. But I've been having some slight issues with flooding.

So I'm using a basic microcoil and cotton, Mr Krinkle method. I can't seem to find the balance of good juice flow and wick saturation with flooding. It seems like the perfect opening for me will eventually flood my Ithaka. At least once or twice a day this happens. Maybe I am using too much cotton?

The thing that bugs me about when I've been putting cotton in is that when I thread the cotton through, the opposite end kind of puffs up against the coil - is that "normal" or am I using too much cotton? It seems like I am not using a lot at all, and I know less cotton is more.

Anybody have any suggestions? Any photos of the perfect amount of cotton in a MrKrinkle microcoil setup? What about silica in a microcoil?

I am losing a lot of juice when it floods because I need to shake it all out, and it ends up being a HUGE pool of juice! I'm a little confused at how much juice comes out, because it will be vaping like a dream, then suddenly I hear the gurgle and it's all over. If I close the mouthpiece further I start tasting cotton and can tell the wick is drying out.

I would really appreciate any tips! Thank you guys so much!

thinking further it's gotta be too much cotton, but I would love a photo of a non-soaked cotton wick, basic microcoil, Mr Krinkle setup on this new Ithaka rebuildable part - anyone have one?

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Yeah I do close when not in use. I actually did just rebuild it honestly with like a tiny amount of whispy cotton. I was afraid it wouldn't be enough to stop the liquid from just flooding in but it seems to be vaping ok. I actually JUST had the mouthpiece open 3 full turns (1080 degrees!) and had a dry hit, so I am a bit confused now haha. I feel like the more I think about it and try to get the perfect setup the worse it can be. It was going fine when I first got it for a while, so it's gotta be something I am doing. I am also curious as to how far you cut your cotton for the MrKrinkle method, Do any cotton bits go down the channels? Because I've been having the tail end of the cotton go down the channels just a tiny bit, probably ~3-5mm, as I've been trying to use less cotton (my thoughts were that the cotton won't be enough to block the juice from flowing into the metal cup, but I should probably stop doing that, too... cotton does swell up a lot when it's saturated, so I'm sure it's enough to stop floods on it's own, cut right at the channels).

Another issue with me, not sure if it is for you guys, but being able to pull a consistent piece of cotton from the cotton ball (or whatever you use) each time... And I don't know how much I should roll it tighter (usually I just roll it just barely enough to give it a wick shape... but it's more like gently squeezing it not rolling it) - I do think it might have something to do with when I put the cotton wick in and pull it through the coil the opposite end puffs up leaving an uneven wick, with liquid most likely pooling in that big puffy reservoir.

I might just need to see a good pic, looking forward to yours RiverNut! Thank you!

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I've also been debating on trying to use strands of cheesecloth as the wick - has anybody tried that yet? I believe it wicks better than cotton balls but I could be wrong. Maybe even a few strands of cheesecloth with a tiny amount of cotton, the strands could probably dangle down the channels, maybe even far enough to pick up the juice that sits at the bottom, underneath the rebuildable part? Just spitballing ideas here, I know it's probably unnecessary if I can actually get a consistent cotton setup.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
here you go sub. I only use cotton balls so I don't know about cheesecloth.

P5310561.jpg
P5310563.jpg P5310565.jpg P5310566.jpg

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Yeah that does look like mine, and in fact I've been trying to use way less cotton than that. That looks exactly like my first few setups which worked good, but for some reason I thought I was still using too much cotton.

I will do more experimenting - thanks a lot RiverNut! I appreciate you taking the time to take photos for me :)

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
sorry man, I meant to tell you that I cut a small piece, dampen my fingers and roll it to a medium density. I've read differing opinions on how compact or loose to make so that's just one of those things you've got to try for yourself. Personally, I think as long as there is enough to stop liquid from flowing into the deck, you should be good. From there it should just be a matter of adjusting the mouthpiece.
I know you know this already...I'm perplexed too because so far mine have worked flawlessly. If you are adjusting liquid control properly then it almost has to be the size/density of your wick.
Good luck. I'm sure you'll work it out :)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Sub for me cotton density at the wick don't matter. What matters is that the cotton has to block the channel openings. Sometimes I leave a part a little open intentionally so that liquid reaches the coil faster. It also depends on airflow how much liquid control is open and how hard is your suction. It is really trial and error until you get it right.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
This thing is vaping like a champ now... mmm mmm mmmm.
One thing I was gonna try next time I think is I will take a strand or two of cheesecloth and slide them down the inside holes and around the wick so it will wick up the wasted juice that gets drained. Not sure if it'll work out or not but I will give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread