It's KILLING Me!!! Diabetic / Blood Sugar , I need sweetner free liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet in this thread as I didn't make it all the way through it, but most cigarettes contain PG and sugar too so going back to smoking isn't going to be less of a risk.

I dont believe cigs are healthier at all.
ecigs helped me quit- however, others have asked if it affects your sugars and I have responded with my info

zapatengo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Chico, Ca.
The one thing all diabetic's will hear from their doctor is that their sugar is getting worse!
Yep it seems all the liquids for our e-cigs contain sugar.
I asked around and this seems to be the case with all liquids, for some reason the makers haven't taken us into account.

I'm not sure about you but I would rather take my chances with cigarettes then to cut my life short with diabeties.
I take the pills right now but the doctor is talking about putting me on insulin because my sugar is getting to high.
What was 150 and lower is now in the 200's and 300's so I will put away all my stuff ( what a huge waste $$$ ) I have a lot of it, kits and juice, pipes and e-cigs and I have dug my cigs out of the closet and am once again smoking.
Cancer may never happen but diabeties can kill you for sure.

It's killing me.
I've spent over $2,000 maybe over $3,000 so far stocking up so I would have supplies when or if they ban these things.
Well I did outfit 5 of my relatives and their partners with e-cigs and liquids and they love them as well.
I love these things so I have 4 pipes, two lady pipes, 8 DSE801's , 10 DSE901's and various parts and liquids and 3 401's and an E8 and EM9 kit.
There's just to much to list and I can't use it because of sweetner's.

Any Help would be great.
Yeah I know this will probably not help posting here but I have to try.
HELP???
:mad:

Sorry to hear about your sugar problems. I have been on insulin for 30+ years and have seen no negative affects after 1+ year of vaping. Diabetes forced me into early retirement and since then my life is on a 4 hour clock. Readings at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and before bed. All 4 hour sugar checks include a meal or snack and an injection. I count every carb I consume. I had become so .... about my sugar that the Doctors asked me to raise my limit after a 5.9 A1C. I started this regiment after doing whatever I wanted for 25 years. It is a boring existence to say the least.
Diabetes changes every so often. Any change to your daily routine will have effects, but it will change by itself over time. The Doctors all treat text book diabetes. If you don't have one get yourself an Endocrinologists. They are the experts and have more options for you than a general practice physician.
I now vape the foods, candies and sweets that I cannot eat. I use EZ-sweets in a lot of my DIY and zero ill effects. I also keep an ongoing spreadsheet to track times, medicines, carbs etc. This helps when having a problem that cannot be explained as you have a track record. I often find patterns that can be corrected.
I seriously don't see vaping as the culprit.

Saint57

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2011
Birch Bay, WA
vapesales.com
I am a diabetic. I have been on lnsulin for over 10 years. I am 6 ft. and currently weigh about 231. A recent large study was released (Obesity Tied to Memory Loss | Psych Central News) showing significant loss of memory and the potential of demensia in the heaviest third of the study group. The bottom third showed the memory retention. The conclusion was that obesity and high caloric intake definitly increases your chances of memory loss. Now, I have enough trouble with my brain as it is, I can't afford to lose any memory at all. This is the only motivation that is greater than my love of food. I love cooking and eating and as a result I am about 30lbs heavy. The reason I am stating this is because I have recently begain restricting my calories to under 1500 per day. An amazing thing happened. I went from using 60ml of Lantus (long term insulin) and about 80ml of Novalog (regular insulin) to control my blood sugar. Once I starting restricting my calories my blood sugar normalized to 90-150 with no insulin at all. Now, I vape all day. I am seeing zero effect on my blood sugar. I might suggest NoGood that as a controlled experiment, that you try restricting your calories to 1200-1500 per day while continuing to vape. If your blood sugar normalizes then you can eliminate the possiblity of vaping as being the culprit. If you quit vaping and it doesn't normalize, then it's not the vapor. I would be very interested in your results. Good luck to you.

The thing is,(I do have an endo,btw) we all vape different levels in nicotine, and diff. amounts of pg/vg so it makes it difficult to determine the exact culprit.
It is not my carbs as I count each meal as you do and inject the same amount of insulin for the carbs I eat each meal.
I have seen a huge jump since I started back on the juice with a good atomizer.
The jump started the same day and has continued.
I have not readjusted my insulin as this is not carb related, at this point.
I may explore a diff juice or level if nic.

Sorry to hear about your sugar problems. I have been on insulin for 30+ years and have seen no negative affects after 1+ year of vaping. Diabetes forced me into early retirement and since then my life is on a 4 hour clock. Readings at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm and before bed. All 4 hour sugar checks include a meal or snack and an injection. I count every carb I consume. I had become so .... about my sugar that the Doctors asked me to raise my limit after a 5.9 A1C. I started this regiment after doing whatever I wanted for 25 years. It is a boring existence to say the least.
Diabetes changes every so often. Any change to your daily routine will have effects, but it will change by itself over time. The Doctors all treat text book diabetes. If you don't have one get yourself an Endocrinologists. They are the experts and have more options for you than a general practice physician.
I now vape the foods, candies and sweets that I cannot eat. I use EZ-sweets in a lot of my DIY and zero ill effects. I also keep an ongoing spreadsheet to track times, medicines, carbs etc. This helps when having a problem that cannot be explained as you have a track record. I often find patterns that can be corrected.
I seriously don't see vaping as the culprit.

zapatengo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Chico, Ca.
The thing is,(I do have an endo,btw) we all vape different levels in nicotine, and diff. amounts of pg/vg so it makes it difficult to determine the exact culprit.
It is not my carbs as I count each meal as you do and inject the same amount of insulin for the carbs I eat each meal.
I have seen a huge jump since I started back on the juice with a good atomizer.
The jump started the same day and has continued.
I have not readjusted my insulin as this is not carb related, at this point.
I may explore a diff juice or level if nic.

I have been giving this thread a lot of thought. The only juice I buy is Dekang for tobaccos and everything else is DIY. I mean I would love to sample some of the Snickerdoodles and other really raved about bakery flavors, but am hesitant. I get 50/50 nic from Freedomsmokeusa, pg from Tractor Supply and vg from Proctor and Gamble. I don't know if that makes any difference. Everyone's diabetes is different. Mine is mine and yours is yours. That said keep tracking and posting to see if we can be of some help. You may discover something that will help other diabetics here. Good luck my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread