It's my 32nd day analog free, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
I still kind of miss my analogs or just cigarettes as they're called in the free world lol. I mean I understand what everybody's probably thinking about this post, but you can't deny the nostalgia of smoking and the camaraderie that a lot of smokers feel because of being ostracized because that sort of thing always brings people together :) Anyway I'm happy-ish to be analog free but I still long for the old days...anyone else ever feel the same?

badbadivy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
I still kind of miss my analogs or just cigarettes as they're called in the free world lol. I mean I understand what everybody's probably thinking about this post, but you can't deny the nostalgia of smoking and the camaraderie that a lot of smokers feel because of being ostracized because that sort of thing always brings people together :) Anyway I'm happy-ish to be analog free but I still long for the old days...anyone else ever feel the same?

Yes and no. I go outside and vape while my friends smoke. I do miss it sometimes though. I smoked a cigarette about a week and a half though and it was just plain nasty. So I can't go back. But I do miss it still, oddly enough.

Ebbie

Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Montana
Yes and no, I am roughly 2 months into vaping and there are times I do miss the analogs.. But I always tell myself the positives, no stinking, no standing out in the cold, can vape at work, love the diff flavors, etc.
In my time of vaping I have tried a total of 2 analogs and they just made me sick. It is diff for everyone but communities and forums like this one help get passed all that. Think to yourself how great you are doing. Can you taste and smell more stuff now? Can you breathe better? Look at all the pluses to vaping and not the fact you are craving analogs. It helps me at least.

caligirlINky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
hopkinsville, ky
i dony miss it at all. my hubby got me started 2 months ago but he has all but given up and im not sure he even knows why. he has had heart problems and obstructive sleep apnea for several yrs (diagnosed 16 months ago). i really thought this would do the trick. its worked great for me but i didnt like the taste or smell of smoking to begin with. maybe he is in the same boat as you... just likes everything that goes with smoking although i have a hard time seeing how that has to be so different. he can vape outside with his fellow smokers infact his company lets him.vape at his desk (although he hasnt done that in a while). im anxious to see other reasons why ppl choose to smoke after using ecigs. maybe i can find a way to help him over those issues. his life depends on it.

BabyFeet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Hercules, CA
Welcome and congratulations on quitting analogs.

I understand your dilemma about smoking and the camaraderie that you feel when around other smokers.
What many people fail to understand is that analog cigarettes are not only physically additive but also physiologically additive, and that’s what makes them so hard to quit. Many times, smoking a cigarette will transport us to time (subconsciously) when everything was right in our worlds.

Not trying to preach but breaking the physiological addiction is sometimes is far worse than the physical.
If you feel that you are slipping back into your old habits, feel free to contact us for help and support. There are many good people here who will bend over backwards to help you on your vaping journey.

The only stupid question is the one which is not asked.

Good luck

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC

I feel you. One of the reasons I love vaping so much (besides it helping me quit the traditional cig) is that I can still go down to the smoke pit at work and talk with everyone; and whether you want to admit it or not, it's a great way to meet people at a new job, and to hear all the gossip! I often want to ask for a cigarette, but I just remind myself that it only takes one, and I may have to start all over lol.

I'd say all in all though, I don't really want to smoke, it's just 1 minute out of a day that I may consider it, but I'm not gonna do it!

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
i dony miss it at all. my hubby got me started 2 months ago but he has all but given up and im not sure he even knows why. he has had heart problems and obstructive sleep apnea for several yrs (diagnosed 16 months ago). i really thought this would do the trick. its worked great for me but i didnt like the taste or smell of smoking to begin with. maybe he is in the same boat as you... just likes everything that goes with smoking although i have a hard time seeing how that has to be so different. he can vape outside with his fellow smokers infact his company lets him.vape at his desk (although he hasnt done that in a while). im anxious to see other reasons why ppl choose to smoke after using ecigs. maybe i can find a way to help him over those issues. his life depends on it.
i can't really help with your husband, but I can share my experience. Maybe something will help you and him.

I've been vaping maybe a month longer than I've been a member here. I've only been cigarette free for about 3 weeks though.

It took a number of factors for me to no longer crave cigarettes. I needed automatic batteries. Manual batteries simply give a different vape in my experience. A high strength nicotine of course. I've been vaping 24 mg since I started and even 36 mg couldn't stop the cravings. What finally killed my need for cigarettes was dripping on a super mini. As I said above, the ritual of dripping seems to help with the physical needs of grabbing a cigarette and lighting it. More than that, dripping gives a much better throat hit and flavor. I find the nicotine rush to be more intense as well.

I don't know if any that will help in your situation, but I wish your husband the best of luck.

Apoxing

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Welcome and congratulations on the 32days!

Since the first day i got the kit i haven't touched a cigarette. I don't miss the old days when i was smoking.
To me it sounds like you don't want to quit smoking 100% but i'm glad you are trying!

Just skip the cigarettes and chainvape or up the nicotine when you start to think back and you will soon forget all about the "good old days" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread