It's my 32nd day analog free, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
I still analoged out when I started. After a few juice change ups, and a few mod changes I was good. I do the same deal with vamping while others smoke in my circles. Oddly enough they all ask me about it, and even want to try it out. We'll have to see where that goes, but for now I'm just happy being different.

O

SoundlessHero

Mar 1, 2013
Emeryville
Welcome!

I did smoke a few cigs here and there while getting my set-up just right, but I have't had a craving for it since. The vape is just so fresh and...clean. All 7 people in the start-up next door to my office smoke and when they walk through the hallway I can smell their lingering cig smoke and it seriously makes my stomach turn. I couldn't imagine returning to cigs now! If you get cravings, maybe try a higher nic content? I'm in Emeryville and if you're ever out here at Prizefighter or Summer Summer, look me up and we can grab a beer and talk about vaping.

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
Welcome!

I did smoke a few cigs here and there while getting my set-up just right, but I have't had a craving for it since. The vape is just so fresh and...clean. All 7 people in the start-up next door to my office smoke and when they walk through the hallway I can smell their lingering cig smoke and it seriously makes my stomach turn. I couldn't imagine returning to cigs now! If you get cravings, maybe try a higher nic content? I'm in Emeryville and if you're ever out here at Prizefighter or Summer Summer, look me up and we can grab a beer and talk about vaping.

To be honest joining the forum and actually interacting has helped a lot :) Emeryville is a bit far for me thanks for the offer SoundlessHero :)

capeyson

Mar 25, 2013
Upland, CA, USA
Let me say that I might be one of those people who refer to, and I believe I share nicgnostic's feelings. I just started up here a few days ago, but it's clear that most people here have had the experience of coming to find analogs nasty. A minority of us clearly never go through that transition (I can't know for sure I never will, but it hasn't happened yet).

I still find analogs amazing, and that's probably because of some tic in the way the psychology of smoking was developed in me. No matter what, there will always be that part of my brain that associates ciggies with many of the best years of my life, and all of the things nicgnostic mentioned. No doubt all of that "nostalgia," like people often feel for lost youth in general, is part of what floods back when I have a ciggy and gives me that amazing feeling.

I don't think nicgnostic was saying she (?) is on the fence about quitting as a practical matter. I think the point was just to note the nostalgia. I feel it big time, and I probably always will, as it's often said reformed alcoholics do, or former "hard" drug addicts (thankfully I don't know about that first-hand). It's actually a testament to how miraculous ecigs are that so few people here actually feel that. I would have hypothesized much much more of it. My guess is that my hypothesis turns out to be wrong because ecigs are not the same as just "quitting a drug." Rather, they are a surrogate that preserves the essence of the drug, while also being different enough to constitute a separate habit - as we say, not just "e smoking," but VAPING; not a surrogate, but a competitor.

That is truly astonishing. But to return to your question, caligirl, I suspect the answer (extrapolating from my own case) is simply that some people, evidently a minority, never really make the psychological transition to experiencing vaping as a separate activity from smoking. Perhaps we will eventually, of course; maybe it just takes a lot longer for the transition to occur in such people. For my part, I don't really care. I can deal with nostalgia and feeling that ciggies are superior to ecigs without being tempted to go back - the prospect of an ugly, painful death is a more than sufficient deterrent, and a more than sufficient incentive to stick with this surrogate.

Just spitballin'.

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
i dony miss it at all. my hubby got me started 2 months ago but he has all but given up and im not sure he even knows why. he has had heart problems and obstructive sleep apnea for several yrs (diagnosed 16 months ago). i really thought this would do the trick. its worked great for me but i didnt like the taste or smell of smoking to begin with. maybe he is in the same boat as you... just likes everything that goes with smoking although i have a hard time seeing how that has to be so different. he can vape outside with his fellow smokers infact his company lets him.vape at his desk (although he hasnt done that in a while). im anxious to see other reasons why ppl choose to smoke after using ecigs. maybe i can find a way to help him over those issues. his life depends on it.

My husband has same health issues as yours and was a Chronic smoker. I never though there would be a day when he would stop.

To encourage him vaping I told him that he didn't have to quit, I just needed him to not smoke in the house or truck because it made me ill. (which was true).

Then I started buying him any device that would encourage him to stick with it. I also planned trips to all the various vape lounges in the area so he could taste all the different flavors and some even let him try different vaping devices right in the store.

He soon became facinated with all the different designs of personal vaping and he amassed a huge variety of flavors that he would sample back and forth all evening with me.

We made it a hobby and he finally found the neat PV devices he enjoyed using and stopped smoking.

It cost a tremendous amount of money but it was worth it in the end...he is now vaping full time and is just weeks away from having the money he spent equaling the cost cigarettes he would have smoked.

Good Luck and Bless you for finding your way, congratulations on making the change yourself! Encourage him to talk about what he didn't like about vaping and then find an answer for him.

I still kind of miss my analogs or just cigarettes as they're called in the free world lol. I mean I understand what everybody's probably thinking about this post, but you can't deny the nostalgia of smoking and the camaraderie that a lot of smokers feel because of being ostracized because that sort of thing always brings people together :) Anyway I'm happy-ish to be analog free but I still long for the old days...anyone else ever feel the same?

....................Hey man......

Existing smokers don't take vaping seriously.That's what i've heard from smokers i've spoken to anyway. I think the image that is projected by a smoker when smoking is, or seems, more credible to the smoker than vaping does, or would, depending on who the viewer is. People are familiar with that image whereas most people don't see vaping as the same thing at all. It doesn't look the same at any angle. I think existing smokers are more comfortable being seen smoking a cigarette, rather than vaping !. I'll still have a smoke, if people around me are smoking, if i get offered one, which doesn't happen much at all !. I've said it before, i gave up the habit but it isn't a rule. The pressure of abstinence from smoking is non existent, and i don't count the days, weeks or months since i last smoked for the same reason. So having a smoke every once in a while is relieving me of that pressure, and so i don't worry about it. And i definitely i don't miss it. I'm getting too old to be smoking. It was ok when i was younger but i couldn't imagine smoking into my old age because i wouldn't reach old age. The image of a person, say, in their twenties, smoking looks cool, again, depending who the viewer is !. But the image of a person in their sixties smoking isn't, not to me anyway. Seeing an old guy or girl smoking a cigarette isn't a pleasant image at all. And the stink doesn't help !.

Edit : Oh !, before i forget, you can't trap the fire phoenix, that'd be crazy right ?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread