Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Number One

Has anyone ever heard of Decadent Vapours? They're based out of the U.K., and they sell flavorings. My question was, has anyone tried their flavorings before? I emailed them to see if their flavorings are sourced from other companies (TFA, FA, etc.), or if they made it themselves, and I'm just waiting for a reply at this time. If anyone knows the answer to that second part of this question, that also would be appreciated.

Also, their flavorings are available on Liberty-Flights, which is why I am asking. That brings me to my next question....

Number Two

Does anyone know of any site that sells flavorings, aside of Liberty-Flights, that accepts Paypal as a form of payment?

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Thanks, Danny.

If feasible, I'm gonna try and avoid TFA. Don't get me wrong, some of my favorite flavorings come from them. I'm not in a restocking mood, however, I'm in an adventurous mood :) I just happened to come into some money selling some flavorings, and instead of transferring it to my bank account, I figure I'd just spend it on more flavorings immediately.

And if possible, I wanna try some new stuffs. :vapor:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I searched the site for some reviews, and I only found a handful. One person praises the apple pie, which was a flavoring that I was interested in. Another person says the Black Forest Gateau has a perfumey taste, which is disappointing, because it's another that I wanted to sample.

It's hard to go on other people's opinions, but surely if there's a perfume taste to any of these flavorings, I want nothing to do with 'em.

I wish John (WL) would eventually stock some Capella flavorings, or just some new ones in general. I've had nearly all of the flavorings from TFA/LA/SM that I wanted to try, but I love ordering from them (I still do for nicotine/PG-VG/DIY hardware).

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
I have tried some decadent vapours stuff...

I have found it very nice. They are a UK-based premium
e-liquid and flavoring supplier, priced well above their competitors
like flavourart or inawera.

You can find quite a few reviews on their stuff on european forums
if you google it (+ discussion filter).

A favorite of mine is their Tobacco-Ice.
A very nice mixture of juicy tobacco and menthol.
Best in that genre i have tried.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I have some of the DV flavorings but it just dawned on me that I haven't gotten around to trying them. They do smell good. I have tequila, lime zinger, strawberry (I guess I was thinking margaritas), mango, blackberry crumble and rhubarb custard. I really need to try them. I have no further info on the maker. Jimi D. has a thread in here about a few of their flavorings.
Inawera takes paypal, it's coming from Poland so it takes a couple weeks.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
I haven't tried that many of their flavours (5?)...
and it's been almost two years.

But... none of them were perfumey. I reordered Tobacco
and Tobacco Ice. The other flavours were good, but i couldn't
justify the expense over Dekang/Hangsen at the time.
They didn't do flavourings back then and their ready-made stuff
was really expensive.
Now that they also do flavourings, i would say they are well worth
a try.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Here you go Levitas- http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dent-vapours-flavors-liberty-flights-usa.html

There may be more reviews in the Flavor Reviews section here. I sometimes forget to look when searching for flavor reviews but I've found some good ones in there.
Flavor Reviews

btw- I'm not a gent either.
lol.gif

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Overall, the reviews I've read of DV are stellar...and their Absinthe is supposed to be the best there is! I just can't imagine a small enterprise staying in business as long as they have if the flavors are notoriously 'perfumey'.

I've been gonna give them a try 'for forever' (from LF)...but I keep getting hung up because LF doesn't stock their White Chocolate (which is something I'd really like to try (but I'd have to get from England). So I was thinking I'd order directly from England, until I saw that the US dollar has lost so much ground, that it's currently cheaper to buy directly from LF (likely because they bought their when the dollar was stronger).

We're wanting:
Absinthe
Black Forest Gateau
Cafe Brasiliano
Orange Blossom
Parma Violet
Either of the Rhubarbs
Tequila
Tiramisu

If you get any of those and don't like them (or want to split them), we'd be glad to take what you don't like/want. There may be some others, too...but those were the main ones.

I say "go for it"! :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Glass - According to Jimi, he says that the dessert and fruit flavors are very perfumey, for the one's he has tried anyways. That concerns me. So it seems that some flavorings will be okay to try, but the ones I really wanna try might be a bust. I'm not really interested in the tobacco flavorings at the moment, nor the absinthe.

Also, sorry if I called you the wrong sex - I'm getting worse at determining such things via online :D

we2rcool - The Black Forest Gateau was one that I had in the cart until I read a review stating that it was perfumey. Even if I don't agree with many people's ideas of what flavorings taste like, generally most of us can discern if there's a perfumey taste or not, and I usually take their word for it, and stay far away. But I really want to try it as well.

As is, still waiting to look at a few more things, but I think I'm going to try the Apple Pie, and Choc Au Lait (still looking for the chocolate), and then I'm picking up some Fresh Cream from Flavour Art, as well as some bottles.

If anyone has a better suggestion (like try the Vienna Cream from FA instead of the Fresh Cream), I'm all ears. I'll likely place the order tomorrow sometime :)

Thanks to everyone thus far for your contributions and advice.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
No problem Levi. I've been called dude, bro, man...lol. I just thought it was funny. The one cream I've tried from FA was catalan and didn't like it. Oh, or the Irish cream. Yuck. Custard is nice but it's got a lemony note.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Catalan cream (despite the large number of amped reviews) - it was one of the flavorings I sold. Hopefully the new owner will appreciate it.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Okay, so, I got the flavorings in. To refresh, I got two Decadent Vapour flavorings (Black Forest Gateau, and Apple Pie), and one Flavour Art flavoring (Sweet Cream). I didn't mix the cream yet, but I did put a dab on my tongue, and it tasted pretty good. I'll try it later. As for the other two... I've given them both a respectable 2 minute steep, and it's taste time.

I mixed 'em both 5mls, all VG, for the exception of 5 drops of flavoring in each bottle. Here are my first impressions:

Apple Pie - Hmm, that's a pretty tasty flavoring. I can taste the VG, which tells me that it could probably do with more flavoring. The only other apple pie I've tried (and can compare it to) would be TFA Apple Pie. I'd say that this flavoring is weaker in strength, but the flavor is just down right delicious. It's smooth (TFA's version reminded me more of the Apple Pie liquor, or the shots) where as this is just a sweet, almost buttery apple treat. It's hard to tell if the apple leans more towards candy (think jolly rancher), or the real deal (more flavoring needed). I'm impressed. I will allow it to settle over night, and try it again in the morning. If it's still a little weak, I'll likely finish the bottle (or experiment with the cream), and re-mix it with 10 drops per 5mls. I am happy :)

Black Forest Gateau - Before I try it, I was afraid that this one may have a perfumey taste (due to reviews I've read). I will say that the Apple Pie has zero perfume taste... so, let's give it a go. Well, the bottle almost smells like cherry, and though I don't really know what this flavoring is supposed to taste like (I thought chocolate cake), what I'm getting is a coffee flavor :glare: I guess I can kind of taste the cherry? But really though? That's not chocolate, that's coffee. I guess I can kind of see why the reviewer said it tasted perfumey... perhaps I'm wrong my coffee assumption, but that's what it tastes like to me. Didn't know what to expect from this flavor, but I am definitely not impressed. I can't vape it for much longer, I abhor coffee flavor vapes. Again, I'll give it to the morning, perhaps throw some Cream in this one too to see if it's salvageable, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Well, that's what I got thus far. 1/2 decent, tasty flavors from Decadent Vapours. I'm pretty impressed with this Apple Pie, so I'll most likely give the company another shot. I had my eye on a few other flavorings, and I'm still (always) looking for my perfect chocolate vape. If anyone has any additional Decadent Vapour input, stories, and wants to share, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread