I've discovered the secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyantist

Aug 23, 2018
Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm so glad I found this place! It's definitely going to help answer many of the questions I'm bound to have!

So, a little about myself and why I'm here:

Long time moderate to heavy smoker (39 years) and have been wanting to quit for years. Smoking lost its appeal for me long ago, but it just wasn't something I could seem to shake. I honestly thought I'd be a smoker for the rest of my life, as if the choice wasn't mine to make. I've tried various methods in the past, all with varying degrees of success, but ultimately all ended in failure. Call me weak, but we all know the power of nicotine and habit...

Fast forward to August 2018 when I was determined to do something about it and make the choice mine again. A co-worker of mine who's been vaping for the past year or so told me how he felt just like me, a slave to cigarettes. He told me how he discovered vaping and how it helped him kick his 20 year addiction. He told me of a local shop who were pros at helping people just like me get off cigarettes and replace it with a vape and a plan. I was all ears...

The next day, August 13, I head on over to the vape shop and explained to the young girl behind the counter exactly why I was there and what I wanted to accomplish. I told her I also wanted something simple and easy to use, or else I would be afraid that I wouldn't stick to it. What she suggested was an Aspire Breeze (with charging dock!) and some 36mg nic salt. This is what changed my life!

August 14 was the day that I had my last cigarette! The Breeze was working perfectly, and every time I had a craving, a couple of little puffs fed the nicotine monkey! No more cigarettes! Could this be true??

August 22, eight days later, and reaching for a cigarette has not once crossed my mind. Yesterday I went back to the vape shop and picked up a bottle of 24mg nic salt and ran that yesterday evening and all of today with no noticeable difference from the 36mg. Already I'm working on my exit strategy!

I know this is all very recent and new, but I feel like I've discovered the secret to finally kicking the life-long habit to get off cigarettes once and for all, painlessly and easily! I've already convinced myself that I will never 'need' another cigarette again as I slowly wean myself off of the evil nicotine for good.

I've since picked up a couple of mods and tanks like a Vaporesso Revenger and Innokin Proton, and I've since switched to an Aspire PockeX since I had a misfiring problem with the Breeze, but the vape shop fully refunded me and took back everything, including the accessories and extra coils I had bought for it. Too bad, because I think it's a great little setup for people looking for something simple as a tool to quit smoking. I've since learned that the auto-fire mechanism on the Breeze has been known to be sometimes problematic. The PockeX has be working out great though and it's with me all day, every day now. The PockeX holds my 'medicine', while the sub ohm vapes are for 'fun'. I only run 6mg juice in those.

Anyways, that's my introduction! If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope to chat with a lot of you soon about what's turning into my new life-changing hobby!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm so glad I found this place! It's definitely going to help answer many of the questions I'm bound to have!

Long time moderate to heavy smoker (39 years) and have been wanting to quit for years. Smoking lost its appeal for me long ago, but it just wasn't something I could seem to shake. I honestly thought I'd be a smoker for the rest of my life, as if the choice wasn't mine to make. I've tried various methods in the past, all with varying degrees of success, but ultimately all ended in failure. Call me weak, but we all know the power of nicotine and habit...

Fast forward to August 2018 when I was determined to do something about it and make the choice mine again. A co-worker of mine who's been vaping for the past year or so told me how he felt just like me, a slave to cigarettes. He told me how he discovered vaping and how it helped him kick his 20 year addiction. He told me of a local shop who were pros at helping people just like me get off cigarettes and replace it with a vape and a plan. I was all ears...

The next day, August 13, I head on over to the vape shop and explained to the young girl behind the counter exactly why I was there and what I wanted to accomplish. I told her I also wanted something simple and easy to use, or else I would be afraid that I wouldn't stick to it. What she suggested was an Aspire Breeze (with charging dock!) and some 36mg nic salt. This is what changed my life!

August 14 was the day that I had my last cigarette! The Breeze was working perfectly, and every time I had a craving, a couple of little puffs fed the nicotine monkey! No more cigarettes! Could this be true??

August 22, eight days later, and reaching for a cigarette has not once crossed my mind. Yesterday I went back to the vape shop and picked up a bottle of 24mg nic salt and ran that yesterday evening and all of today with no noticeable difference from the 36mg. Already I'm working on my exit strategy!

I know this is all very recent and new, but I feel like I've discovered the secret to finally kicking the life-long habit to get off cigarettes once and for all, painlessly and easily! I've already convinced myself that I will never 'need' another cigarette again as I slowly wean myself off of the evil nicotine for good.

I've since picked up a couple of mods and tanks like a Vaporesso Revenger and Innokin Proton, and I've since switched to an Aspire PockeX since I had a misfiring problem with the Breeze, but the vape shop fully refunded me and took back everything, including the accessories and extra coils I had bought for it. Too bad, because I think it's a great little setup for people looking for something simple as a tool to quit smoking. I've since learned that the auto-fire mechanism on the Breeze has been known to be sometimes problematic. The PockeX has be working out great though and it's with me all day, every day now. The PockeX holds my 'medicine', while the sub ohm vapes are for 'fun'. I only run 6mg juice in those.

Anyways, that's my introduction! If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope to chat with a lot of you soon about what's turning into my new life-changing hobby!

Congrats.... either you were lurking here for a while, or you've really thought this through. The first thing I usually recommend for someone trying to quit, is to go to a vape shop.... second thing.. get a device that is simple, and not a cloud chasing device. And third thing.. is once you find it's a viable option.. get a backup device. You checked one, two, and three. Glad you found a shop that didn't sway you to a cloud chasing device first thing. Sure, the subohm vapes are fun..but it shouldn't be a primary quitting device. There's something we here like to call "progressing up the ladder".. and you seem to be doing just that. How far up you go is up to you.. you don't need to climb the ladder... just don't fall off and go back to those analogs.

One thing I will mention though, and it has stopped a few people I know personally from quitting... Soon you might experience something similar to a smokers cough. Your throat might get phlemmy for a few months. That is normal. If it becomes irritated, then you might look into it, but just phlem, that's not an allergy. That's your lungs clearing some gunk you already have. Bear with it and it will go away. Usually takes a few months though. My sister tried to quit through vaping, and that's what stopped her. Even her being a nurse thought it was an allergy.. and yes.. she went back to smoking, and still does. Me, I stuck through it with advice from this forum, and I haven't had a cig in over 5 years.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey everybody!

Welcome to ecf. We are glad you found us. Sounds like you have taken charge of your life(feels good finally, doesn't it) which is now destined to be a longer, healthier one.

I never get tired of these stories, as most of us have experienced most if not all of what you talk about. Vaping is a journey, and while we all take our own paths to the goal line, the goal is always the same. It will just keep getting better and better as you move away from the cigs and the changes your body goes through will surprise and delight you. Like when you begin to smell things again and taste better. When we smoked we never realized just how much we weren't tasting and smelling. And the stink is gone. OMG, I don't know how the people around me stood it as I was a chain smoker also. When I started smoking at around age 14, cigarettes did not stink like they do now and also they didn't have all the additives(chemicals) the FDA has allowed to be put into them now. I moved into vaping around the time cig makers were putting the flame ......ant chemicals in the paper used to hold the tobacco. Gawd that stuff was awful.

Anyway congrats again on a job well done and any questions/comments just post here at ecf. There is usually someone here 24/7.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread