Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Welcome @cyantist and thanks for sharing your story. Always great to hear these. Mine is similar to yours, 45 yrs of unfiltered smokes, and now I've been smoke free for five 1/2 years after trying vaping. I still use 24mg nic and sub-ohm tanks, but not for clouds or any of that (my wattage is usually around 12W), but just cause I like it, and it definitely works for me.

Glad you joined, looking forward to hearing more from ya!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Seems you’ve come to the realization many of us have, holy crap this is so much easier than I thought it would be. Other methods suck and require will power, struggles, withdrawal, and unblinking devotion to the cause. vaping feels like cheating, not only is there none of those terrible things mentioned above, it’s actually fun, and tastes great!! Will power is overrated. Struggling with withdrawal and the necessary devotion making quitting smoking this fulfilling, hard earned victory so much sweeter, that’s for the birds. I’ll cheat and take the easy route every single time. Work smarter not harder. Anyways glad to hear your story and how you’ve climbed this huge mountain and struggled and worked and committed yourself to stopping smoking, through the hard times and the tears with your never give up attitude....you know what I’m getting at, Congratulations and welcome to your new addiction of buying mods, rta’s, rda’s, building your coils and you know you are never getting out of this rabbit hole when you start mixing your own juices. You’re in the right place and amongst friends.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm so glad I found this place! It's definitely going to help answer many of the questions I'm bound to have!

So, a little about myself and why I'm here:

Long time moderate to heavy smoker (39 years) and have been wanting to quit for years. Smoking lost its appeal for me long ago, but it just wasn't something I could seem to shake. I honestly thought I'd be a smoker for the rest of my life, as if the choice wasn't mine to make. I've tried various methods in the past, all with varying degrees of success, but ultimately all ended in failure. Call me weak, but we all know the power of nicotine and habit...

Fast forward to August 2018 when I was determined to do something about it and make the choice mine again. A co-worker of mine who's been vaping for the past year or so told me how he felt just like me, a slave to cigarettes. He told me how he discovered vaping and how it helped him kick his 20 year addiction. He told me of a local shop who were pros at helping people just like me get off cigarettes and replace it with a vape and a plan. I was all ears...

The next day, August 13, I head on over to the vape shop and explained to the young girl behind the counter exactly why I was there and what I wanted to accomplish. I told her I also wanted something simple and easy to use, or else I would be afraid that I wouldn't stick to it. What she suggested was an Aspire Breeze (with charging dock!) and some 36mg nic salt. This is what changed my life!

August 14 was the day that I had my last cigarette! The Breeze was working perfectly, and every time I had a craving, a couple of little puffs fed the nicotine monkey! No more cigarettes! Could this be true??

August 22, eight days later, and reaching for a cigarette has not once crossed my mind. Yesterday I went back to the vape shop and picked up a bottle of 24mg nic salt and ran that yesterday evening and all of today with no noticeable difference from the 36mg. Already I'm working on my exit strategy!

I know this is all very recent and new, but I feel like I've discovered the secret to finally kicking the life-long habit to get off cigarettes once and for all, painlessly and easily! I've already convinced myself that I will never 'need' another cigarette again as I slowly wean myself off of the evil nicotine for good.

I've since picked up a couple of mods and tanks like a Vaporesso Revenger and Innokin Proton, and I've since switched to an Aspire PockeX since I had a misfiring problem with the Breeze, but the vape shop fully refunded me and took back everything, including the accessories and extra coils I had bought for it. Too bad, because I think it's a great little setup for people looking for something simple as a tool to quit smoking. I've since learned that the auto-fire mechanism on the Breeze has been known to be sometimes problematic. The PockeX has be working out great though and it's with me all day, every day now. The PockeX holds my 'medicine', while the sub ohm vapes are for 'fun'. I only run 6mg juice in those.

Anyways, that's my introduction! If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope to chat with a lot of you soon about what's turning into my new life-changing hobby!
A huge congrats to you. It sounds like you fully stopped smoking once you started vaping. I did, too and had never ever tried to quit my nearly 4 decade-long habit until I decided to give vaping a try. Amazingly, it was easy for me too because it satisfied me and because I really wanted to. Not a total cake-walk but easy. I think you are over the hump. You sound knowledgeable and committed and seem to have a nice vape store person to deal with. I did not use nic salts -they were not around when I stopped.

It's been years for me and before you know it - it will be years for you.

Congrats .....

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey everybody!

First of all, I'm so glad I found this place! It's definitely going to help answer many of the questions I'm bound to have!

So, a little about myself and why I'm here:

Long time moderate to heavy smoker (39 years) and have been wanting to quit for years. Smoking lost its appeal for me long ago, but it just wasn't something I could seem to shake. I honestly thought I'd be a smoker for the rest of my life, as if the choice wasn't mine to make. I've tried various methods in the past, all with varying degrees of success, but ultimately all ended in failure. Call me weak, but we all know the power of nicotine and habit...

Fast forward to August 2018 when I was determined to do something about it and make the choice mine again. A co-worker of mine who's been vaping for the past year or so told me how he felt just like me, a slave to cigarettes. He told me how he discovered vaping and how it helped him kick his 20 year addiction. He told me of a local shop who were pros at helping people just like me get off cigarettes and replace it with a vape and a plan. I was all ears...

The next day, August 13, I head on over to the vape shop and explained to the young girl behind the counter exactly why I was there and what I wanted to accomplish. I told her I also wanted something simple and easy to use, or else I would be afraid that I wouldn't stick to it. What she suggested was an Aspire Breeze (with charging dock!) and some 36mg nic salt. This is what changed my life!

August 14 was the day that I had my last cigarette! The Breeze was working perfectly, and every time I had a craving, a couple of little puffs fed the nicotine monkey! No more cigarettes! Could this be true??

August 22, eight days later, and reaching for a cigarette has not once crossed my mind. Yesterday I went back to the vape shop and picked up a bottle of 24mg nic salt and ran that yesterday evening and all of today with no noticeable difference from the 36mg. Already I'm working on my exit strategy!

I know this is all very recent and new, but I feel like I've discovered the secret to finally kicking the life-long habit to get off cigarettes once and for all, painlessly and easily! I've already convinced myself that I will never 'need' another cigarette again as I slowly wean myself off of the evil nicotine for good.

I've since picked up a couple of mods and tanks like a Vaporesso Revenger and Innokin Proton, and I've since switched to an Aspire PockeX since I had a misfiring problem with the Breeze, but the vape shop fully refunded me and took back everything, including the accessories and extra coils I had bought for it. Too bad, because I think it's a great little setup for people looking for something simple as a tool to quit smoking. I've since learned that the auto-fire mechanism on the Breeze has been known to be sometimes problematic. The PockeX has be working out great though and it's with me all day, every day now. The PockeX holds my 'medicine', while the sub ohm vapes are for 'fun'. I only run 6mg juice in those.

Anyways, that's my introduction! If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I hope to chat with a lot of you soon about what's turning into my new life-changing hobby!

Congratulations, welcome, and make yourself at home. I believe you'll find we're overly accommodating here, and always have an "idea" or two (hundred) to share!

enabler u.png

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
August 14 was the day that I had my last cigarette!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your in for more surprises, In a short time your going to start to feel reborn as you slowly displace the smoking poisons out of your system.
re: VapeWild Test Results

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Already I'm working on my exit strategy!

...slowly wean myself off of the evil nicotine for good.

Welcome to ECF cyan...

I, personally, have NO "exit strategy"...when I was smoker I LOVED (for who knows what reason) inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine...as a vaper I LOVE (for who knows what reason) inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine...only now it's without the other 4,000 harmful/carcinogenic chemicals in tobacco, the smelly breath/clothes/car/home, the shortness of breath walking up the steep Pittsburgh hills, the large expense of analogs, etc.etc.etc…

If you Google "nicotine"...you'll find that it's not only NOT harmful...but many studies showing that it may be healthful...

(And I, as an "older" vaper...can not ignore the studies that show that nicotine is the ONLY substance proven, so far, to delay/eliminate the onset of senile dementia/Alzheimer's...)

:2c:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Welcome to ECF cyan...

I, personally, have NO "exit strategy"...when I was smoker I LOVED (for who knows what reason) inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine...as a vaper I LOVE (for who knows what reason) inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine...only now it's without the other 4,000 harmful/carcinogenic chemicals in tobacco, the smelly breath/clothes/car/home, the shortness of breath walking up the steep Pittsburgh hills, the large expense of analogs, etc.etc.etc…

If you Google "nicotine"...you'll find that it's not only NOT harmful...but many studies showing that it may be healthful...

(And I, as an "older" vaper...can not ignore the studies that show that nicotine is the ONLY substance proven, so far, to delay/eliminate the onset of senile dementia/Alzheimer's...)

:2c:

...just something to add.... If you google "nicotine", you'll see many links about smoking.. most of the research done on nicotine involves smoking and many people associate nicotine with tobacco. I did just that, and the first result to the Wiki was ok.. but the second result was from a medical page and is highly inaccurate... since it combines statements of nicotine with the tobacco plant, yet it is making statements and is supposed to be about just nicotine. Most of the medical pages do not separate nicotine and tobacco plants, so results about it's dangers and addictive properties are about tobacco, NOT just nicotine.

So yes, do research about nicotine, but read with an open mind. Keep in mind that tobacco is a cocktail of 2000ish components that contain nicotine. So when you see research about nicotine and it involved smoking, then that research is about smoking, not nicotine.

cyantist

Aug 23, 2018
Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and nice comments! I truly appreciate it! 16 days now and still no looking back! At this point I'm confident I will never smoke another cigarette since I now know that there's no need. Vaping my nic salt has completely replaced them!

Now it seems I've gotten the itch to get more into vaping as a hobby! Looking to keep my mind busy and focused on not smoking, it seems I'm quite taken by the whole hobby aspect of vaping. I've been buying lots of gear, reading tons of reviews and tutorials, and am now wrapping and wicking my own coils! Ordered a bunch of stuff from Canvape (awesome experience all around) and won an auction on eBay for a metric crap-ton of high end rebuildables and mods! So it looks like I'm here to stay!

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and kind words. It really means a lot, especially at this extremely happy moment in my life!

Kati

Aug 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Your story is the story I was hoping to have. I have greatly reduced my cigarette intake, but I still haven't given them up completely. May your self-discipline and determination keep you on the path to becoming a former smoker.

All the best,

Kati - the considerably less self-disciplined and determined

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I have greatly reduced my cigarette intake, but I still haven't given them up completely.

Well...Katie...even if you've reduced your smoking by 10 cigarettes a day...your body is still healthier than 2 weeks ago when you were smoking those extra 10 cigarettes a day...:thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread