I've fallen and need help to get back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenie66

Mar 4, 2018
Chicagoland
Hello! I'm still doing good, but I have allowed my self a cig or 2 a day this past week. Still is not bad and MUCH better then what I used to do. I vape 45mg salt nic tobacco flavor. I use Aspire breeze and the pockex. I also have the suorin drop as my "discreet" one. I was thinking of getting the wta from aroma. Can I add that to my salt nic to help me get past that cig want? Thank you!

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I've said this a lot and I honestly have no idea if it's true...but it seemed true to me when I was going through it...so here goes...

If you are getting plenty of nicotine than the urge to smoke a cigarette is more mental than anything physical. It takes time to convince the brain that the nicotine you are getting is sufficient and that you don't NEED to smoke.

So don't smoke. When your mind says, "Hey! A cigarette would be really fine right now!" grab your vape and vape your brain into submission.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    This is what I'm looking for, can I add the wta to the salt nic that I'm vaping?
    Yes, I believe so.
    I used Aroma's pre-mixed w/WTA added.
    @stols001 has experience with salt nic and adding WTA.
    Aroma will answer any questions you might have, also.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You can mix it in to your nic salt juices, it will just take trial and error in terms of how to mix it and in what ratio. Too little WTA certainly will do less than too much. I've never vaped WTA, but I was using a pretty high 2/3 ratio during my mom's last visit. :D Normally, I find 1/2 to 1/3 of a dropper full to be enough. With that said, everyone reacts to WTA differently, so you will need to experiment. There are some folks who used just WTA at first, I think. I didn't want to use quite as high a percentage, but I really noticed the difference, almost right away. Everyone's different however.

But, there are no safety issues using it in combination with any of your nic salts it's just going to need some experimentation regarding how much to add.

Best of luck,

Anna

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Thank you all for your replies! I did go ahead and ordered some wta from Aroma ejuice be here Monday or Tuesday. I'm going start out with adding a small amount till I get where I need. I have a great feeling that this is just the kick I need!

There's more to the cigarette addiction than just nicotine. The mental has been discussed, but that actually passes fairly quickly. However in a "regular" cig there's other chemicals that not only increase the addictive properties of nicotine, but they alone are themselves addictive. I validated this myself through my experience when I switched from "store bought" cig's to rolling my own. There was a withdrawl. I still wanted a cigarette even though I was smoking one. That took a while to get "converted" and then moving to vaping only was actually easier. Try natural cigarettes for a while and you will see there's a difference.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Stepping down to natural tobaccos or "organic" or whatever can be helpful. I did, and my docs are pretty sure that's ONE reason I wasn't dead five years ago and whatever (you should see a doctor's face when you tell them the "truth" that you are a 3 ppd smoker). One big difference I noticed was no more staining of my hands and fingers, well nowhere near what it was.

I don't know that "organic" cigarettes means a whole lot (I mean, it's kind of self-policing as it were) but it may do SOMETHING depending on your brand. I did find using organic tobacco that I really couldn't stomach smoking ANYTHING else, so there have to be some differences and whatnot.

It might be a reasonable step in the right direction. But even just tobacco is filled with alkaloids, (and tar, if you burn it, which ALSO has been found to be an MAOI-B in at least one NIH study) the alkaloids are frequently MAIO-A and MAIO-B (and probably traces of other) substances, which are found to decrease depression and anxiety much like the medications themselves can.

So, a certain amount of "detox misery" can be expected. Usually after a while your brain will return to homeostasis. If you are having a particularly awful time with detox, you could look into WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) juices, they are expensive, don't work for everyone but they certainly helped me as I was detoxing from tar. Aroma is probably the "gold standard' for their WTA juices, priced accordingly and Umbavape or Ohm's vapors (I believe they are somehow related to each other, the two companies) offer versions for far less expense. I actually like both, but I'm not sure it's a fair comparison, as I really was in the throes of detox when I used Aroma's. I will say, I didn't need much and weaning from them is far easier than from tobacco, because you aren't going to absorb as much, probably, but they definitely played a role in my success and I still keep some around for stressful situations. E.g. my mom plans to visit in August, so I will be loading up a tank, pretty full, is my guess. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    How long have you been at this? In my case, I started vaping last august and I now smoke about 1 analog per week. I remember when I got to 1 or 2 per day and I was ecstatic. If you really are down to 1 or 2 per day, interpret that as a good sign. For some of us, the process is not easy. But the key is 'process'. There are psychological barriers that have to be overcome.

Hang in there and good luck.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2010
    Let me say that sometimes you just have to suck it up and move forward when you really want to accomplish something. That's with anything, whether it is bodybuilding, weight loss, healthier eating, whatever. A bit of temporary suffering is involved.

Change is painful, usually both physically and mentally. We get in familiar ruts where we're comfortable, and it's HARD to get to another place, but it can be done if you want to badly enough.

Switching from smoking to vaping exclusively isn't easy, but it's easiER than quitting cold turkey. You'll get used to it if you will just resist those last urges for a while. Each hour on end makes a day, you've done it. Several days carries on to a month, then a year, and all of a sudden you've surpassed years, and you thought it couldn't be done. But you have to make that first step without cigarettes.

Keep up the good work. You can do this. And you'll love and respect yourself in the long run. I promise. :thumbs:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yep, what they've said. Δ

What got me through was delay. Kept thinking I'll have a smoke in two hours if I need one still then. That really helped with the physical and mental cravings - and once I got thru an entire day smoke free, it was so much easier to believe I could get thru the next one.

Weenie66

Mar 4, 2018
    Chicagoland
    Well everyone thank you so much for all the kind advice and help! I did get the wta and that does help quite a bit! Not that I'm looking for "perfection" of course, I do understand that there is going to be some withdrawal effects from quitting analogs. But, I really was struggling BAD! Also I just 2 days ago I bought a new device! OMG! What a difference this vape made!!! Let me explain.....When I decided to quit the anologs, I went out and bought a couple of aio. I thought those where the bomb! I had it in my head that I didn't want to get into the bigger ones, mods and tanks etc. Well, I bought mod that came in a kit deal and what a difference! Now, don't get me wrong, the aios are nice and probably do work well for some people. What I found out is that I needed a stronger one like the one I just got! Wow, finally, this one works super, I'm not struggling anymore and I can finally go thru my day without thinking so much about anologs if you know what I mean! The aio did get me off the analogs, but it was like I couldn't get myself motivated to do anything, had to force myself, because I was kinda like paralyzed thinking about the analogs and missing them, had to fight to stay away, hence the reason I decided to allow my self 2 anologs a day.

I got me the eleaf istick pico! Love it! It's giving me the kick I need and now I'm feeling great! Hopefully you can see the pic.

Attachments

• 20180405_131002.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 11

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got me the eleaf istick pico! Love it! It's giving me the kick I need and now I'm feeling great! Hopefully you can see the pic.

Well done! I started on the innokin endura t18, then a t22 and also just got my first mod - a pico like yours. The pen vape got me thru initially, the t22 was brilliant for battery life and tank size - but using the pico now just makes it fun :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread