Needing advice on nicotine salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sof101

Dec 12, 2017
HI. Today I received a 100 ml bottle of a tobbaco juice I thought it was a normal base but it is in fact (as mentionned on the bottle) a nicotine salt SOLUTION - XERO MILLIGRAM. It came with 2 shots of 10 ml nic boosters (20 mg each). I googled all this with no valid information. I need your help to know wether I can use it as it is without adfing the boosters (l'm on 6 mg of nic). or should I add the boosters. I'd like to know too wether I can mix this solution with a regular vg/pg base ? your help is greatly needed as I know nothing about nic salt.

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
HI. Today I received a 100 ml bottle of a tobbaco juice I thought it was a normal base but it is in fact (as mentionned on the bottle) a NICOTINE SALT SOLUTION - XERO MILLIGRAM. It came with 2 shots of 10 ml nic boosters (20 mg each). I googled all this with no valid information. I need your help to know wether I can use it as it is without adfing the boosters (l'm on 6 mg of nic). or should I add the boosters. I'd like to know too wether I can mix this solution with a regular vg/pg base ? your help is greatly needed as I know nothing about nic salt.

Looks like your base does not have any nicotine (XERO MILLIGRAM) ?

• Agree

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
sof the Nic we have been using has a much harder throat hit than Salts.
When e-cigs took traction in '09-10 we were using a 2.8Ω cartomiser and most of use were using 18mg. As the devices became more advanced we started to reduce our Nic levels because of the throat hit. We went to 12mg, then 9mg, and now 6 or 3mg. But now we are needing to puff 2, 4, 6X more to get were we were used to.

Now Nic Salts have flip-flopped that.They generally start at 25mg up to 50mg as they have very little throat hit so we can inhale more nicotine without that harsh throat hits. But it enters the bloodstream much quicker which allows us to get the Nic we desire without taking so many puffs.

That being said, you should use a high ohm, low watt device.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
HI. Today I received a 100 ml bottle of a tobbaco juice I thought it was a normal base but it is in fact (as mentionned on the bottle) a NICOTINE SALT SOLUTION - XERO MILLIGRAM. It came with 2 shots of 10 ml nic boosters (20 mg each). I googled all this with no valid information. I need your help to know wether I can use it as it is without adfing the boosters (l'm on 6 mg of nic). or should I add the boosters. I'd like to know too wether I can mix this solution with a regular vg/pg base ? your help is greatly needed as I know nothing about nic salt.
Hi,
Please tell us the brand and the vendor of the bottles you ordered.
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

• Agree

sof101

Dec 12, 2017
Hi,
Please tell us the brand and the vendor of the bottles you ordered.
Where are you located?

Cheers
I
sof the Nic we have been using has a much harder throat hit than Salts.
When e-cigs took traction in '09-10 we were using a 2.8Ω cartomiser and most of use were using 18mg. As the devices became more advanced we started to reduce our Nic levels because of the throat hit. We went to 12mg, then 9mg, and now 6 or 3mg. But now we are needing to puff 2, 4, 6X more to get were we were used to.

Now Nic Salts have flip-flopped that.They generally start at 25mg up to 50mg as they have very little throat hit so we can inhale more nicotine without that harsh throat hits. But it enters the bloodstream much quicker which allows us to get the Nic we desire without taking so many puffs.

That being said, you should use a high ohm, low watt device.
Thanks for the clarification. Concerning the devices I use they re mainly mtl tanks (nautilus with 0.8 or 1.7 I rarely go beyond 12/13 watts). I understand nic salt has delivers more nic but what I don't understand is on the bottle I have it 's said : (0 miligram), wich I guess refer to the nic level???. my question is : should I add the nicotine boosters received with the bottle? I live in Algeria, the bottle of (nic salt solution) I bought is an american brand ( humblejuiceco) I suspect the gyu who sold me this don't really know about nic salt, his responses where very vague.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your "nic salt" solution appears to be empty of nicotine. It's possible the "boosters" you were given were in fact, nicotine salt boosters. Read the bottle, and let us know what they say. Typically with an unflavored "juice" boosters are added to increase nicotine strength. I'm not entirely clear on what strength your "boosters" are and I'm not sure you are, either.

If you are using a N2 tank, your nicotine strength can likely go higher than if you were using a sub0hm device.

AND a NOTE OF CLARITY, LOL, I have said this multiple times on the forum. "Nic salts" are the "new" "what's new, hot and expensive" of vaping. Many manufacturers and vendors will make claims that their devices are "nic salt capable."

ALL devices are nic salt capable, it's just that you have to match the strength (pretty much) to the device you are using. Let's say someone who sub0ohms is using 6 mg/ml of regular freebase nicotine, that person should start using nic salts at the exact same strength, or possibly even slightly lower (though I haven't found a need to reduce my nicotine with nic salts. I use them at 18 percent, and they are pretty much 1:1 equivalent to regular nicotine, with the slight caveat that SOME people may find they absorb more quickly into the body, so it's not a terrible idea to watch out for nicotine overload symptoms on first use. I did not run into any, I use them because I don't PREFER a throat hit, and salts are much smoother.

So, once you figure out how much of your (possibly) salt nic shots to add to get to your usual nic salt level (you can use a juice calculator for that) then mix some of your "flavor" a the right percentage to your "nicotine shot" to reach around what you would normally use, and go right ahead and proceed.

The reason nic salts tend to be marketed to higher nicotine setups is that most sub0hmers are already using lower nicotine and don't find the need for "less" throat hit. If you are targeting higher nicotine, nic salts allow a greater range, sometimes (IMO) a ridiculous range, like the Juul which has a whopping, 50 mg/ml nicotine ratio, make vapeable by nic salts. It's also an incredibly weak delivery system.

But, there is no "magic" to nic salts. They offer some slightly different qualities but can be used in ANY device.... At the correct strength.

Best of luck,

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the clarification. Concerning the devices I use they re mainly mtl tanks (nautilus with 0.8 or 1.7 I rarely go beyond 12/13 watts). I understand nic salt has delivers more nic but what I don't understand is on the bottle I have it 's said : (0 miligram), wich I guess refer to the nic level???. my question is : should I add the nicotine boosters received with the bottle? I live in Algeria, the bottle of (nic salt solution) I bought is an american brand ( humblejuiceco) I suspect the gyu who sold me this don't really know about nic salt, his responses where very vague.

It looks like, based on some research, you have a 120ml bottle with 100ml of 0mg/ml "shortfill".
The liquid is overflavoured and is designed to have 20ml of 18-20mg/ml "nic shots" added before using.

"3mg: Add 2 x 10ml 18mg Nicotine Shot to reach 3mg at 120ml"

The nic shots may or may not be "salt" based, but in the EU/UK, they would be limited to 18-20mg/ml and 10ml in volume.

Mix-shake-vape-enjoy!

Cheers
I

• Useful

sof101

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you Anna and Izan for your comments. I think I have a clear idea now and can go forward with this solution even though I suppose I did a bad purchase.
Anna, you are right to say the solution I bought has 0 nicotine though I don't understand why it's not nicotinate. Nic Salt solution is apparently like a base (what's the adding value then compared to vg/pg base?). the boosters I received with it are not Nic salted but regular ones.
Izan: it's correct, the bottle I have is a 120ml filled with 100ml. when bought I was wondering why it's missing a lot of mlls :) now I understand; the rest is to be filled with Nic.
Thanks again for your comments and precious help. I think I'll stick to vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread