I've got the carto blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
I love the simplicity of cartos - they're low maintenance. And depending on your tank, you can hold a ton of juice. I started out with the standard size, single coil Boge. Worked great. I learned to prime them well and didn't have a single problem.

But then I got a few different tanks, and got some 45mm and 45mm flanged Boge...not so good. The flanged ones immediately tasted burned, even with priming correctly. I tried 2 different cartos with two different juices - the cartos had 2 holes pre-punched and I used a 50/50 juice and a Halo juice (iirc, they don't disclose their ratios).

The un-flanged 45mm also has 2 pre punched holes. This one didn't taste burned, but I'm not getting very good flavor out of it.

So my question - am I doing something wrong? Or can someone point me to some 45mm flanged and un-flanged cartos that are worth a damn?

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I love the simplicity of cartos - they're low maintenance. And depending on your tank, you can hold a ton of juice. I started out with the standard size, single coil Boge. Worked great. I learned to prime them well and didn't have a single problem.

But then I got a few different tanks, and got some 45mm and 45mm flanged Boge...not so good. The flanged ones immediately tasted burned, even with priming correctly. I tried 2 different cartos with two different juices - the cartos had 2 holes pre-punched and I used a 50/50 juice and a Halo juice (iirc, they don't disclose their ratios).

The un-flanged 45mm also has 2 pre punched holes. This one didn't taste burned, but I'm not getting very good flavor out of it.

So my question - am I doing something wrong? Or can someone point me to some 45mm flanged and un-flanged cartos that are worth a damn?

You say you primed properly. How much juice are you priming the cartos with?

With Boges, what works for me is injecting about 1.5ml of juice, half on each side of the carto, with a sharp 20 gauge needle. When I've done it that way I've never had one burn.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
You say you primed properly. How much juice are you priming the cartos with?

With Boges, what works for me is injecting about 1.5ml of juice, half on each side of the carto, with a sharp 20 gauge needle. When I've done it that way I've never had one burn.

Ok, I *think* I'm doing it correctly. I've been through 3 boxes of standard size Boge cartos with no problems. I use the drip method. I drip a few drops along the sides, then shake down like a thermometer. After doing that quite a few times, I can see when the juice gets to the filler around the holes - I can see through the holes that the filler is wet now. A few more times, and just a teeny bit of liquid comes out of the bottom. Then I know it's full.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, I *think* I'm doing it correctly. I've been through 3 boxes of standard size Boge cartos with no problems. I use the drip method. I drip a few drops along the sides, then shake down like a thermometer. After doing that quite a few times, I can see when the juice gets to the filler around the holes - I can see through the holes that the filler is wet now. A few more times, and just a teeny bit of liquid comes out of the bottom. Then I know it's full.

You could try the condom method also. Lots of youtube vids showing how to do it, one here: How to fill a Carto / Cartomizer using the "Condom Method" - YouTube

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Condom method works well too: How to fill a Carto / Cartomizer using the "Condom Method" - YouTube

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
WOAH the Vaperev's shipping is FedEx only - $9 for some damn cartos. No way! *pout*

Checking out the Ikenvape...

Before you give up on Vaperev go all the way to the checkout and estimate your shipping. I've never paid more than $6.94 to Georgia. I always order at least two boxes and it's the same shipping price as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread