I've lost my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Seriously. Since falling in love with e cigs 4 days ago, I've lost my ever living mind and gone on an insane, vape-fueled shopping spree. I've ordered 3 models of e cigs now, a bunch of flavored carts, cartomizers, and juices, and pretty, pretty cases.

I've also bought a whole new wardrobe of scents -- perfumes, lotions, essential oils. I used to avoid scent because the smell of tobacco mixed with perfumes is so loathsome.

Must stop shopping before I bankrupt myself!

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
Seriously. Since falling in love with e cigs 4 days ago, I've lost my ever living mind and gone on an insane, vape-fueled shopping spree. I've ordered 3 models of e cigs now, a bunch of flavored carts, cartomizers, and juices, and pretty, pretty cases.

I've also bought a whole new wardrobe of scents -- perfumes, lotions, essential oils. I used to avoid scent because the smell of tobacco mixed with perfumes is so loathsome.

Same here! I started 2 weeks ago and... well... just look at my sig :D

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
"I've lost my mind"

I'm sure it's around here somewhere. Where's the last place you used it?

(Just kidding). I know what you mean. I probably have enough spare parts and liquid to last me 2 years, and just yesterday I was considering buying a new model. Oh, well.

Last edited:

DemonFire1337

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Middletown, NY
Yeah, I love it too.
Bought tons of liquids because I have been cart modding with PTB and straw modding.
I got Cherry Bomb and Dr. Pepper from nHaler (anyone try them? how are they?)
Also the Menthol my kit came with from Cignot.

I am very tempted to get the super batteries with new LEDs and a couple spare attys. Got to save money though, going to wait a bit.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco

This happens a lot although 3 different model ecig is kinda a lot but hell i'm in my first month smoking this damn thing and already spent $200 and still want a 510 and a passthrough.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I justified my new habit by cost analysis. So far I'm in the red.

I haven't given 1 cent to big tobacco or outrageously high cigarette taxes in over a week now so that gives me great comfort.
You said it! been over a month for me and I have been ordering a bit much, but i look on it as a much better choice than tobacco!

Jherek

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Missouri
I, too, went a bit nutty on the purchases. Partly, this was out of a fear of a coming ban, partly just to possess vaping stuff. I am reminded of myself when I was 7 years old, and wanted a collection of shiny marbles of different colors, sizes, styles, etc. Just as with the marbles, I like to look into my "treasure box" of shiny and colorful goodies; atomizers, juice bottles, carts, spare parts (never throw away ANYTHING) and so on, from time to time. It's fun to sort the shiny white, red, green, and black atomizers; count out how many mg's of nicotine total I have in all my bottles of juice, etc.

I am somewhat happy with my "stash", and take a kind of secret pride in it, but there is a nagging voice that keeps telling me that I NEED MORE. Thirty-one unused atomizers isn't enough. Neither is over 90 carts of different styles and colors. Sixteen bottles of very high strength e-juice - for mixing down - only seem like a good beginning. If the e-juice doesn't go bad, I've got two years worth of vaping stuff, easily. Is this enough? Will I even want to vape in 2 years? Will I be able to replenish my stock when I get down to 5 atomizers? I'm not taking the chance.

I look around my house, at all my stuff I've accumulated over the years... almost all of it is damaged, more or less, by smoke; all my books, electronics, etc. My carpets have little burns in them, my walls are not the color I painted them a few years back. How many thousands of dollars have I lost there and in myriad other ways to smoking?

I am taking a better safe than sorry approach and am buying MORE. To ditch the smoking demon, spending several hundred dollars - even well over a thousand - seems all too cheap. Besides... the only PV I've tried, thus far (except for the 601 pipe, briefly) is the 901. I hear the 510, the 801 and the 401 all have different merits, and it'd be a shame if I slipped back into smoking, just because I got bored with the 901.

Last edited:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
HA! Im convinced being an e-cig user is more of a hobby than anything. Im sure its linked to the pure amazemeent of the devices and the fact they work, also quitting smoking is such an achievement, we tend to want to reward ourselves, and picking up a new hobby keeps our minds off ever wanting another analog!

Since I started e-cigs in June, Ive spent just under what I would have if I would have kept smoking, but Im much healthier, have a new hobby that I thoroughly enjoy, and remain proud that I have overcome such a long-term bad habit!

So- enjoy urself! Dont spend MORE than you did smoking, but if you spend the same or less, just enjoy urself and know that your gaining a healthier life by doing it!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread