JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it. Magnets... I love magnets, but only to play with. I used to carry them in my pockets in college so I could play with them whenever.... but even that's not enough to make me buy the new Jac (maybe the old Jac) but I'm really glad you are enjoying it enough to consider another dna mod, congrats!! :)

Anna

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mine is a Series B. Is that the new one?

I've had mine a week, and when I went to change the battery, one of the little magnets came out of the recess in the body and stayed stuck to the magnet in the cover. I took the little magnet off the cover and pushed it back into the recess in the body. It was a tight fit so I've no idea how it came out in the first place.

And guess what.....

I put it in the wrong way around so it repelled the magnet in the cover. Flaming marvelous. It then took me two hours to get the little so and so out again and fit it the correct way around.
So if this happens to you and you decide to Loctite the magnet back in, make sure it's the right way around, otherwise you will be holding your cover on with elastic bands.....lol

Apart from that, I love the mod especially with the PC software. It runs my Siren V2 a treat in TC mode using titanium. I have now ordered a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 166 TC so I can have accurate TC on my OBS Engine.

Happy days.
There's probably 20 pages in this thread dedicated to that very subject. :facepalm:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know how to search threads for a particular issue (at least I haven't tried yet) and yes, some of those long threads would take days to read. I may start doing it though with the new search function, because I'm betting it might work out. I think that will be my plan going forward if I run into a problem, actually, not that I'm saying you have to, Skreech. No worries here... But, it is a good reminder that I can probably find answers without necessarily needing to ask questions.

Again, no worries, :)

Anna

Skreech

Oct 16, 2017
Ipswich
I don't know how to search threads for a particular issue (at least I haven't tried yet) and yes, some of those long threads would take days to read. I may start doing it though with the new search function, because I'm betting it might work out. I think that will be my plan going forward if I run into a problem, actually, not that I'm saying you have to, Skreech. No worries here... But, it is a good reminder that I can probably find answers without necessarily needing to ask questions.

Again, no worries, :)

Anna

I guess you could probably find the answer to just about all issues you would ever come across by using the search function and therefore never having to ask the question. I suppose if everyone did that then there would be very little new traffic on the forum except for off topic things in the lounge. Dare I say that it might make things a bit boring.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm talking about something I might do with a specific question on a tank or mod with a very long thread.... I'm not saying anyone else has to, it just occurred to me that I might find it useful, personally-- for one, I might not have to wait for an answer, etc. I just thought it might be interesting to test out the search function.

I think I have plenty of posts, :lol::lol::lol:, so I doubt things would get relentlessly boring... :) I will say I have received awesome reception when I post on these long things with a question and usually get a great answer, most notably in THIS thread, which I am now promoting: LOL

Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

I think I specifically did NOT direct my post at you, @Skreech. Chill.

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Well, I can't find a dang thing with the new search function. The old one worked perfectly for me.
Me too. I find myself going to the advanced search most of the time as it gives the results in a simple list form like it used to.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I like the body color, but the design doesn't do much for me as I don't use attys larger than 22mm.

^^^ THIS ^^^

They made it look like the iStick :(

I rather like the look (and I like the look of the iStickie). I think they were clever to maximize the body for a 24mm atty while keeping it small like our original Jax and Jackies.

Mine is a Series B. Is that the new one?

I've had mine a week, and when I went to change the battery, one of the little magnets came out of the recess in the body and stayed stuck to the magnet in the cover. I took the little magnet off the cover and pushed it back into the recess in the body. It was a tight fit so I've no idea how it came out in the first place.

And guess what.....

I put it in the wrong way around so it repelled the magnet in the cover. Flaming marvelous. It then took me two hours to get the little so and so out again and fit it the correct way around.
So if this happens to you and you decide to Loctite the magnet back in, make sure it's the right way around, otherwise you will be holding your cover on with elastic bands.....lol

Apart from that, I love the mod especially with the PC software. It runs my Siren V2 a treat in TC mode using titanium. I have now ordered a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 166 TC so I can have accurate TC on my OBS Engine.

Happy days.

So sorry, Skreech. Been there, definitely DONE that. :facepalm:

One word: SHARPIES! :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well, I can't find a dang thing with the new search function. The old one worked perfectly for me.

I actually have my best results using Google, and including "ECF" in the search. Stuff pops right up.

So to speak.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
On a "good news" front, I replaced one wrap with another yesterday, on Jacov Numero Uno. I know there have been complaints about the finish, but mine was absolutely intact when I removed the first wrap.

Next round, I may just end up running them nekkid for a while, and let 'em get all mucked up (which they will with me). Then wrap them again, long term.

Idunno. I'm a vaper. We change our minds (if ya hadn't heard). ;) :cool:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
On a "good news" front, I replaced one wrap with another yesterday, on Jacov Numero Uno. I know there have been complaints about the finish, but mine was absolutely intact when I removed the first wrap.
Where did you get your wraps? I haven't found any suppliers in the US.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Where did you get your wraps? I haven't found any suppliers in the US.

We greased the skids at VaporSkinz, Bad. Kat sacrificed a JAC (temporary risk) so we could get some wraps. Now they're available to anyone who wants one.

Vapor Mods Skins Decals Wraps | Vapor Skinz

You select the wrap first, then select the mod from a drop-down list. It's there (I've already bought more than I should have).

I still have a bunch of Provi wraps too. They'll get used.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This is the 3rd JAC wrap I've used so far, and so far they've all been cut perfectly. That's consistent with a lot of past experiences I've had with VaporSkinz, on a variety of different mods. All told, I've probably installed close to 20 of their wraps.

Never one cut badly, and the clear ones are (by far) the best clears I've ever used. Very pliable, no bubbles, etc..

20171113_210041.jpg

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
We greased the skids at VaporSkinz, Bad. Kat sacrificed a JAC (temporary risk) so we could get some wraps. Now they're available to anyone who wants one.

Vapor Mods Skins Decals Wraps | Vapor Skinz

You select the wrap first, then select the mod from a drop-down list. It's there (I've already bought more than I should have).

I still have a bunch of Provi wraps too. They'll get used.
They must of liked her (Kat). She got her own wrap.:thumbs:
IMG_2712_480x480.JPG

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They must of liked her (Kat). She got her own wrap.:thumbs:
IMG_2712_480x480.JPG

Wrong eye color, but... ;)

These four are all clear VaporSkinz wraps. I brightened up the picture so it's more visible than to the nekkid eye. They're certainly discernible (nothing wouldn't be), but far from intrusive.

Opinions, we've all got 'em.

20171114_181723.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread