Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Meanwhile it looks like the discount codes via the cart and wait method are now only valid for 24 hours....I signed up a few weeks ago for the newsletter in hopes of a DNA75c mod coming soonish, and then tried the age old method adding a series b to my cart a few days back for fun...only getting 24 hour valid codes here....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Got it! A comparison to show just how discreet the Jac is!

TwoNewest.jpg

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Got it! A comparison to show just how discreet the Jac is!

View attachment 750183
Room for improvement blingwise, I'm giving you a soft 5 on the KatDarling scale :) :)

Let's face it no one's ever even getting an 8 on that...

Reactions: stols001

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Unfortunately, today I started having issues with the Jac :(

Specifically, it has been working great for a month and today it started messing up in temp control for SS316. The temperature is way off, sometimes it fires like crazy on the first puff then immediately after it just says temp protected and nothing. Sometimes it just says OFF. Sometimes it says Ohms too high. A couple of times it displayed some crazy number for the temperature reading over the entire screen like 34674434. I've tried multiple coils, and the same atomizer on another mod where it works fine. The cold resistance is 0.6ohm which should be fine (single thread 316SS L). I've contacted Jac and they will get back to me on Monday. I've tried resetting everything in EScribe, it just acts weird all the time in TC. Now i got it working with the exception of the Ohms too high message and the temp reading being off. Probably something going on with the dna :(

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Meanwhile it looks like the discount codes via the cart and wait method are now only valid for 24 hours....I signed up a few weeks ago for the newsletter in hopes of a DNA75c mod coming soonish, and then tried the age old method adding a series b to my cart a few days back for fun...only getting 24 hour valid codes here....

I tried my old code and it has expired. JAC caught on!

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
For the record, whatever the company is that makes the Jaq seems to go above and beyond as far as honoring a warranty and at times past its due date. Etc.
Anna

I agree, their customer support is on point. No arguments there.

Btw here is a video of what is happening with mine. Freshly made SS316L parallel:

Wattage works fine though.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia

Btw here is a video of what is happening with mine. Freshly made SS316L parallel:

*snaps a Z* that..ain't..right

That board looks like it's had better days, time for an RMA....

I'm what you might call an RMA expert lol..so many things returned have i

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

There's nothing wrong with that board.

When the DNA can't quite read an accurate change in resistance, sometimes it will do that "multiple digit" thing.

When it definitely can't read an accurate change in resistance, it drops out of temp control, and the screen says "off".

You've managed to capture both behaviors in one video!

There's something wrong with either your wire, your atty, or your build.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Good to know. Mine will do the same after a re-wick in TC. I run it in power mode for a while and then switch to TC then it will work fine.

When the DNA can't quite read an accurate change in resistance, sometimes it will do that "multiple digit" thing.

When it definitely can't read an accurate change in resistance, it drops out of temp control, and the screen says "off".

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia

Hum, that's odd. It's geekvape SS so it can't be the wire, and i've done 4 different builds on it..
I will re check the atty though, picking up a Wasp today to confirm :)
Thanks for the info in any case!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia

You've managed to capture both behaviours in one video!

Ill always defer to Obi-Wan, and willing to admit im wrong if i am

Ive never seen this happen myself or seen it mentioned in all my travels. It would freak me out too. Ive literally never had a dropout from tc to watts mode on DNA. You do point out its 2 rare events in one video, so i feel a little better :)

I felt quite comfy it was wiggy as he had tried the same tank on another mod

But i cant argue with you Laurie :)

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Wasp did the exact same, but it had a parallel in it. Getting a Serpent SMM in half an hour, gonna put a single strand simplest possible SS and see whats up :)

EDIT: on the new single strand and new atomizer it seems to be working fine aside from seeming that its about 40 50 degrees off.

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread