Not open for further replies.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I finally got my 20% off coupon, and the sandstorm shows as out of stock.

I can't find a way to order it anyways for when it is available. Guess I'll check back later. Maybe they had a good sale/run on them during Father's Day?
Keep the 20% discount code. It doesn't expire.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Once again this thread has forced me to buy a Jac :facepalm:

I already had an account with them but the leave it in your basket approach still worked and I got the 20% off a sandstorm. I can't remember who first posted this tip but thanks!
Sounds like you got the last one. I think you bought MINE, lol.

I'm fine with waiting, especially after hearing the coupon code doesn't expire. I probably wouldn't have bought one either if I hadn't stepped into this thread. Looks like a very nice single battery mod though. I usually take a Pico (and a backup Pico) when travelling and switch to a MTL tank. Have a feeling this will be my new travel device and the Pico will be purely a backup.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Once again this thread has forced me to buy a Jac :facepalm:

I already had an account with them but the leave it in your basket approach still worked and I got the 20% off a sandstorm. I can't remember who first posted this tip but thanks!
The only 20% off code they gave me was one that expired in 24 hours! I must have done something wrong.

Oh, well. Mine has left Chicago and should be here in a day or two.

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Sounds like you got the last one. I think you bought MINE, lol.

I'm fine with waiting, especially after hearing the coupon code doesn't expire. I probably wouldn't have bought one either if I hadn't stepped into this thread. Looks like a very nice single battery mod though. I usually take a Pico (and a backup Pico) when travelling and switch to a MTL tank. Have a feeling this will be my new travel device and the Pico will be purely a backup.

Sorry about that :blush: I don't want to gloat but I also got a free battery, charger and juice sample, Oh and free express delivery (2 days) . Just sometimes there are advantages to living in the UK :)

Well worth waiting for though - they are nice mods :thumbs:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
So the black one is supposed to accommodate a 22 mm tank, yes?

I just got an Innokin Lift siphon tank (unfortunately I don't have an RDA to put on top of it yet, but it's coming). Anyway, I thought that it was a 22 mm tank (though I may need to double-check the specs). There is a slight amount of overhang. About a mm on each side, actually. So the tank may well be 24 mm. It actually doesn't look terrible and TBH as long as it vapes I don't really care. But I guess that's another reason to get the sandstorm of you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

I have the opposite problem now with a Goby tank on there, it's so much narrower than the mod that it looks a little goofy. But it vapes great, so whatever.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So the black one is supposed to accommodate a 22 mm tank, yes?

I just got an Innokin Lift siphon tank (unfortunately I don't have an RDA to put on top of it yet, but it's coming). Anyway, I thought that it was a 22 mm tank (though I may need to double-check the specs). There is a slight amount of overhang. About a mm on each side, actually. So the tank may well be 24 mm. It actually doesn't look terrible and TBH as long as it vapes I don't really care. But I guess that's another reason to get the sandstorm of you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

I have the opposite problem now with a Goby tank on there, it's so much narrower than the mod that it looks a little goofy. But it vapes great, so whatever.
I'd rather have the tank be narrower than the mod versus the other way around. I don't think it looks goofy being narrower but does when it's wider. Narrower looks like a skyscraper. Wider looks like it's top heavy.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
There's not enough overhang to make it look that top-heavy, IMO. And I'm not saying the narrower tank looks THAT bad either. It does have kind of a "skyscraper" look, I'd just never thought of it that way until @Bronze mentioned it. Maybe it's just because I got used to seeing the Goby tank on the Goby mod, they were clearly made for each other. Then I put the tank on a different mod and it looks funny.

But as I said I'm going for vape quality over aesthetic considerations.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Meh, top heavy is some fool, like me, putting a whopping 26mm Themis on my ePetite :)

Perhaps luckily the damn thing was so leaky due to it using that flawed topseal (same topseal as the equally leaky "leakproof" Zeus) that I returned it for the Crius II and sanity (and leakfree-ness) returned to my life...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It does have kind of a "skyscraper" look, I'd just never thought of it that way until @Bronze mentioned it.

I've always liked that look. I still do - this pic is current (just now).

My very first Provi, I stuck a 2mm ("Go-Go") carto on it. I loved it.

Provis-SkyscraperLook_20180621_161452.jpg

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I'll have to go to the post office tomorrow to get my Jac. Oh, well.
Same thing happened to me. It required a signature and I wasn't there to receive it so there was just a note on my door. Went to the post office and got it the next day. It was a slight pain.

I don't know if the vendor requested a signature on delivery or if that's something that's required for international shipments or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread