Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-man

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2019
So Florida
Absolutely! Pull the battery out. :D

I'm sorry, but I couldn't stop my fingers...!!! :oops:

Seriously though, no, I don't believe any of the Evolv chips have that feature (I could be wrong there). I'm not sure it would bring a ton of value either though, since the battery management is pretty good with their chips.

Run it until it runs down, then swap or charge it. Nice & easy (just the way I like 'em). :)

Thanks for the answer! I'm still a Neanderthal to this vaping thing, I guess I just haven't Evolved enough yet (I couldn't resist either).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for the answer! I'm still a Neanderthal to this vaping thing, I guess I just haven't Evolved enough yet (I couldn't resist either).

NICE!!! :thumbs:

:headbang:

In all seriousness, you're off to a great start (having a JAC in house so early is GREAT!). It'll all be second nature before you know it. Enjoy the ride!!! :vapor:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You know about the magnets, correct? If not, get yourself a silver Sharpie, and dot all four. If they come out, the dots will provide you with the correct orientation to glue them back in (forever).

Like sew >

20190525_194802.jpg

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
First emailed support asking if they sold replacement parts as all I saw available was a battery door. Jac responded that no unfortunately we do not sell parts.
I then responded ok then, what repair services do you offer when device is out of its 6 month warranty. What are the costs of 510 fix or worst case a board replacement. Jac responded, no unfortunately we do not have any repair services.

Right now I am vaping on a 2014 RDNA40 which vaporshark repaired for a small fee. (That's what a good company does that cares about it customers)

Jac did offer for me to buy a new Series B. Lol. But of course...Why changed the oil on my Honda when I could just buy a new car.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
First emailed support asking if they sold replacement parts as all I saw available was a battery door. Jac responded that no unfortunately we do not sell parts.
I then responded ok then, what repair services do you offer when device is out of its 6 month warranty. What are the costs of 510 fix or worst case a board replacement. Jac responded, no unfortunately we do not have any repair services.

Right now I am vaping on a 2014 RDNA40 which vaporshark repaired for a small fee. (That's what a good company does that cares about it customers)

Jac did offer for me to buy a new Series B. Lol. But of course...Why changed the oil on my Honda when I could just buy a new car.
To be fair, a $30 oil change on a $30,000 automobile is quite different than a $30 repair on a $70 mod.

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
To be fair, a $30 oil change on a $30,000 automobile is quite different than a $30 repair on a $70 mod.

Ya Ok - Jac should supply parts or repair services or both. They do nada. As result...I take my business elsewhere on my future ecig needs. In meantime - I'd like to repair it myself...hoping one has some insight into which 510 to buy as it unfortunately press fit and small space.
Thank you.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ya Ok - Jac should supply parts or repair services or both. They do nada. As result...I take my business elsewhere on my future ecig needs. In meantime - I'd like to repair it myself...hoping one has some insight into which 510 to buy as it unfortunately press fit and small space.
Thank you.
Not many places repair $70 mods. Not worth having a repair shop for that. I know I didn’t ask if they did repairs when I bought mine. So yeah, if you are expecting repair services on mods in this price range then JAC is not your company. Good luck getting your Series B fixed

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
Thank you.
You might check out FatDaddyVapes (Google), they sell various 510s and have a drill and tap set available as well. Just because the vendor used a press fit doesn't mean that it cannot be converted. It takes less steps to make the 510 a press fit than to drill/tap or use a backing nut which helps keep the price down.
Have you checked the solder connections to the board itself? Those are supposed to be 16 ga minimum and 14 ga nominal (Evolv specs) to the 510. The wire can be stiff enough to put a bit of stress on the connection, particularly if well tinned;)

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I'm encountering a short / check atty error on my Series B. Pretty sure 510 is busted. Like to just replace and re-solider. Vendor doesn't offer any support, repair services, parts, or info. :(

Does anyone know what 510 connector would be ideal for the Series B?
Thank you.

Check out this post from me and the preceding posts from EnglishMick about a similar problem. Might help, might not.
Hey, eMick! Thank you! I just got my beloved 22mm B raised up from the bad resistance dead via a ball peen hammer. We'll see how long that lasts for me. :cool:

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
You might check out FatDaddyVapes (Google), they sell various 510s and have a drill and tap set available as well. Just because the vendor used a press fit doesn't mean that it cannot be converted. It takes less steps to make the 510 a press fit than to drill/tap or use a backing nut which helps keep the price down. Have you checked the solder connections to the board itself? Those are supposed to be 16 ga minimum and 14 ga nominal (Evolv specs) to the 510. The wire can be stiff enough to put a bit of stress on the connection, particularly if well tinned;)

Thanks. Yes heard of them before but believe are those connector quite large. I'll check them out if there is enough vertical space. Also most of them have wide base. Connector must be only 510 itself as there are top screws right next to 510. Yes, believe its 16ga and have checked them out. Wires look solid. Done lots of wiggle on wires while trying to fire atty. It read resistance / fired up for brief moment last night. Escribe works - tried hard reboot. I may try soldiering directly to a old carto to confirm board working.

Not many places repair $70 mods. Not worth having a repair shop for that. I know I didn’t ask if they did repairs when I bought mine. So yeah, if you are expecting repair services on mods in this price range then JAC is not your company. Good luck getting your Series B fixed

I really just came for info. Not to complain. No repair - that's perfectly acceptable. I emailed them for part not repair. But they don't sell parts. So then asked about repairs.. Any quality company will sell few common parts for their product. Is it really crazy idea that they sell a $3.99 510 part for a $78.34 device? 510 prob cost them .10 out of China. We are just a throw away culture and vendors don't want to fix or assist in fix with parts / info. Right to repair is a big issue in tech today.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Interesting. I'll give those two fixes a shot. Thank you.

The problems I had never showed up as a short warning, except one time. I had been messing around with it and tried to raise up the positive pin thinking that might be the problem. Then I got a short. I took the top off and discovered that the silicone gasket around the positive pin had popped out on one side letting the pin touch the negative side. Think I was a bit too aggressive lifting on the pin and accidentally got my little screwdriver hooked under the gasket and pulled it up through the 510. It's a soft flimsy gasket. Put the gasket back in place and no more short. Might be worth checking if that gasket is correctly in position.

Incidentally, back when I first had the resistance problem someone reposted a post here from another forum on the topic. The guy had figured out a permanent solution. Solder a wire connection underneath the top piece between the 510 and the top plate. He didn't actually do that because he discovered the tap it with a hammer technique. It would take better soldering skills than I have but it's an option.

i_L1fe

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Redding, CA
The problems I had never showed up as a short warning, except one time. I had been messing around with it and tried to raise up the positive pin thinking that might be the problem. Then I got a short. I took the top off and discovered that the silicone gasket around the positive pin had popped out on one side letting the pin touch the negative side. Think I was a bit too aggressive lifting on the pin and accidentally got my little screwdriver hooked under the gasket and pulled it up through the 510. It's a soft flimsy gasket. Put the gasket back in place and no more short. Might be worth checking if that gasket is correctly in position.

Incidentally, back when I first had the resistance problem someone reposted a post here from another forum on the topic. The guy had figured out a permanent solution. Solder a wire connection underneath the top piece between the 510 and the top plate. He didn't actually do that because he discovered the tap it with a hammer technique. It would take better soldering skills than I have but it's an option.

Check out this post from me and the preceding posts from EnglishMick about a similar problem. Might help, might not.

IT'S AAAALIVE!
Followed the hammer instruction to a T. Except the gentle part. :) Reading the resistance about .2 higher than RDNA40 - but vaping well. Maybe series b always bit read high. Not sure. Also have 510 raise a bit so more of a gap can I remember. Regardless its working for now - still will be on lookout for actual 510 replacement so it's a reliable mod.

Thanks to you both for sharing!

I have a shared dream with Zen over at house of hybrids. A world in which the 510 dies for the cigalike a connector it is...a world were a sturdy 16-18mm connection is standardized in the ecig industry...a world in which minor drops can happen without connector damage. I welcome all to this dream!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I really just came for info. Not to complain. No repair - that's perfectly acceptable. I emailed them for part not repair. But they don't sell parts. So then asked about repairs.. Any quality company will sell few common parts for their product. Is it really crazy idea that they sell a $3.99 510 part for a $78.34 device? 510 prob cost them .10 out of China. We are just a throw away culture and vendors don't want to fix or assist in fix with parts / info. Right to repair is a big issue in tech today.
Hey, its good to hear you got it fixed. :thumbs:

Thanks to China manufacturers, we do live in a disposable society. 95% of vape gear comes from China. I challenge you to name any China manufacturer of mods (in any price range) who will sell mod replacement spare parts or offer repair sevices of their broken products. It's just not done. In fact, their motto might as well be: "We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? Buy another."

The last mod company that offered repair service on their products that I'm aware of was Provape, the USA manufacturer of the Provari. They went out of business in 2017. The price for a satin silver model was $100; $120 for a colored carokote finish were an additional $20.

Supported its product for life, offering a 1 year warranty, an option to purchase a second year for an additional $25 at time of purchase, and offering fast repair service for life after warranty for a reasonable cost. Typical turnaround for repair was only one week. Chinese manufacturers offer no repair options, you will have to purchase another mod should they break or need repair of any sort.

Standard Post-Warranty Service Repair Costs for a Provari
Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00
To my understanding, the JAC Vapour DNA75 was designed by their own Scotish engineers and all manufacturing is done in China. I assume JAC Vapour receives them fully assembled and they don't receive spare parts because they don't assemble them in Scotland. They may believe they are too small of a company to offer repair services or spare parts other than a replacement battery door/magnets. This has become an acceptable practice in the vaping industry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread