Janty Confusion starting to take over

Status
Not open for further replies.

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
I'm SUPER-EAGER to get something delivered as FAST AS POSSIBLE! -- But I'm also trying not to trip myself up here. I've seen a bunch of Kudos by other folks with regard to the Janty-Stick. So by yesterday I could hardly wait to place an order for (AT LEAST) 2 Janty-Stick kits. :p

-- Problem is: NOW..I've got a number of questions I just can't get around. And that's after reading through a number of threads and user-posts.

Here's only two of several issues that yet confound me::confused:

According to their Janty-Stick Kit details:
"..JANTY™ STICK will work with virtually ANY classic PEN STYLE type atomizer and respective cartridges.."

However: Janty sells 'adapters' for the the 901/M401 & Dura-C attys -- And to be sure...that would be roughly half again the cost of the kit in *extra* bucks for both of these 'optional' adapters.

Q1?: Is the usage of one of Janty's ~$20 'adapters' the ONLY way a Janty-Stick will work with some or any other attomizer & cart??
(( this question arises because of another thread -- (((Which I can't immediately relocate right now :())) -- where a bunch of people were saying that their other attys WOULD FIT with just a little *extra* encouragement))

Q2?: What is the Janty so-called 'Original Classic' atomizer? -- Is it really just a Janty-branded 801 ?? Or is it truly something that (aside from using an 'adapter') one must acquire only from Janty as a replacement in order to keep their Stick alive??

please advise (Mic?..Ethan...anyone?)

thnx

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Deep breaths..... :)

As stated, JStick comes with its own 801 adapter. I have already used 801 attys from Totally Wicked (TW) and Rocky Mountain Valley (RMV) with no problems. The 'encouragement' you mention is just a matter of gently pushing and twisting the atty thru the mouth opening of the JStick.

I have found that the silver/titanium attys seem to slide thru this easier than the matt finished, black ones.

The JStick adapters allow you to match the threads and socket of the 801 to the style atty of the adapter...901, 510. Some folks already have a lot of these attys and want the batt life and style of the JStick so the adapter makes that possible.

I have used my JStick exclusively since getting it 3 months ago and I love it. Small, light, fits well in hand and pocket, vapes and charges off the usb -- perfect.

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
Thanks cdmcfud.. that's what I kinda' suspected from poking around.

So that kinda suggests that other 801 attys might work as a backup. I mean just in case the (ONE) atty that the Stick comes with goes belly up. I know they're covered for the warranty...but who wants to wait in time-out while another one arrives?

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread