Janty eGo JETS - Tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

pass77

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Switzerland
Hello all,

Since April I've been vaping an Intellicig EVO. I'm quite satisfied with the experience, however there is a negative point about the EVO that keeps on bugging me: it is extremely difficult to tell how much liquid is left in your cart without taking the whole e-cig apart. This is the main reason I decided to order a Janty eGo JETS tank system (from Janty France, as I live in Geneva, Switzerland).

This will be a two-part review. Today I will describe the unboxing experience and the JETS itself. In a next post I will describe the user experience.

So, first things first: I ordered a eGo JETS Black starter kit (32.95 euro + shipping, VAT included). Upon opening the parcel I found the following inside:
  • a small paper box with the USB charger inside
  • a 15 ml bottle of liquid (Janty Elixir, PG-based, Texas tobacco, 11 mg). I was not asked about flavour or strength when ordering. This is what I got, it may vary with countries maybe, don't know.
  • a pouch containing the battery (manual with protection), an atomizer with an empty mouthpiece, and one tank. Everything sealed in individual plastic packets.

There is no instructions manual. I had thought that a manual battery with a protection mechanism would come with one. However the Janty website has a "Manuals" section where instructions can be found (in the case of Janty France, both in French and in English). So this is not a big issue.

Parcel contents:
foto%201.JPG

The USB charger:
foto%202.JPG

The pouch contents:
foto%203.JPG

The battery and atomizer are coated with a black, slightly rubbery material which feels very nice to the touch. The Janty logo is on the battery tip, in a very discreet gray-on-metal colour. The atomizer's edge says "Janty" on one side and "JETS" on the other, black on white, small letters. Also very discreet.

The tank consists of a black plastic mouthpiece with a transparent plastic tub attached. The tub is closed by a small plastic cap that is easily removed with a fingernail, and clicks back in place after refilling. The opening for refilling is well wide, and this is a no-brainer to refill. No paperclips, tweezers or tissues required, as it was the case for the EVO.

Just remove the cap and pour the liquid in...
foto%204.JPG

Then replace the cap:
foto%205.JPG

You also get a rubber cap for added protection against leaks:
foto%206.JPG

The plastic cap has a small valve in the center, which is normally closed but opens when you plug the atomizer in. It doesn't seem to leak, but of course it is brand new, we'll see how it holds with regular use.
The fit of the tank in the atomizer is excellent, with a reassuring "click" when it is correctly plugged.

Atomizer + tank, ready for use:
foto%207.JPG

The battery screws securely onto the charger. The latter has a dual-color LED, which stays red while charging (occasionally blinking green to indicate it's doing something). I suppose it will turn green when the charge is full.

Charging...
foto%208.JPG

My overall impression is that of a very high-quality product, with good accessories and very well designed both aesthetically and in terms of use. I'm looking forward to the battery being full to test it!

Last edited:

pass77

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Switzerland
So, after the charge I vaped for a while and here's my two cents.

First of all, coming from a mini, I am impressed by the size of the thing. It's similar to a cigar in its size, and rather heavy.

Big girl...
foto%209.JPG

Due to the position of the button, for me the most natural way to hold the JETS is with all my last 3 fingertips around the battery part, index on the atty, thumb on the button. The rubbery coating does a good job at giving a secure grip.

The button seems a bit flimsy at first, but gives a hearable click, and includes a white led that lights up in use. There is a protection mechanism (click 5 times in less than 2 seconds and the button stops working - repeat the procedure to turn it back on) as well as a cutout of about 5 secs. I was worried about the cutout time, however since the draw is very easy on this ecig, I must say I never was able to draw for enough time to actually trigger the cutout.
Speaking about the draw, coming from an EVO I was also surprised by the air flow - on EVOs you have to puff quite hard, whereas with JETS you get a mouthful of vapour very easily.

Using the JETS is simple. Press on the button and draw from the mouthpiece. Let go of the button when you are done drawing. I found best results are when you press the button a half second before drawing (say, as you bring it to the mouth). This pre-heats the atty and you get more vapour out of your draw.
There is a distinct "frying" noise when you draw. This might be an issue if you want to stealth-vape in a very silent environment (e.g., office or library).

In terms of vapour production, it looks good, at least with the included liquid. Throat hit is very scarce, but this is very liquid dependent and I will have to test with different flavours and strengths.

The nice touch of this tank is that there is a small transparent window that lets you see how much liquid you have without disassembling the JETS. You can see it in the photo above, just between the mouthpiece and the atomizer. This says a lot about how the JETS is a very well thought out product.

All in all I feel that this is a definite upgrade from the EVO, although minis are still a good buy for their reduced bulk and their discreetness.

pass77

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Switzerland
A quick update: I recently bought some spare tanks, so that I could switch flavours without waiting for the tank to be empty. I found out that with a couple of them, the atomizer's "needle" that pokes a hole in the tank's lid did not manage to go through properly when I plugged the tank accourding to instructions (i.e., without applying force). I got little vapour and a burnt taste. The solution was to plug the tank in, then hold the eGo vertical with the mouthpiece against the table, and hit the battery end in a somewhat firm way (not too much as to break the atomizer, but enough to let the needle go through). A couple puffs later, full vapour and taste were restored. :)

pass77

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
Switzerland
Yeah, I've heard that the tanks can be a bit picky... How do those hold up as far as refills? I.e., on the second and third times after the tank has been punctured - or are you simply replacing the cap on every fill like they recommend on some sites?

They're still holding up well after many refills. I vape several flavours and keep the rubber cap on the tanks I'm not using. The cap has a small rubber plug that plugs the hole, so I never had the smallest of leaks.
However, the tanks are just plastic and I'm sure the caps will eventually give up. Replacements tanks come quite cheap, about 5 euros for 5 tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread