janty stick

what extra stuffs do i need to get for the janty
batterys
chargers
cables
chargers
adaptors ?
and who sells the stuff ( yes please plug your favorite vendor

Janty USA and dietsmokes.com. Really all you need is an extra atomizer to swap out to clean but if you're stashing - get 5 or 10 :) No chargers, cables, batteries needed really. Supposedly there will be a 510 adaptor but with the big cart on the 801 I'll probably just stick with that. The charging cable can be used as a passthrough. Even though you don't really need to 'save on batteries' I like to run it with the cable in the car... via:

Amazon.com: Belkin Dual USB Car Charger for iPod (Black): Electronics

... which has one port rated 1amp needed to run as a passthrough. Then when you get where you're going you have a full charge. I also have it hooked up at my chair via:

Amazon.com: SE-2USB: High Power Slim AC Wall Plug to 2 x 5V USB Adapter (Retractable US Plug): Everything Else

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
I went from 510 to 901 to janty stick

My next step? 801 attys

901 and 510 adapters when they become available

and more juice
I got the Janty Stick with a 901 adapter, but cannot get the atomizer seated into the adapter. I've cut my finger trying. Anyone know the secret to this?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Put the cartridge into the atomizer first and then screw it in. Thats the only way I can do it!

Instead of using a cartridge, it's generally better to use an empty mouthpiece (the type that generally ships with your atomizer as a cover--just the mouthpiece with no white sleeve stuck in it and no filler).

The idea is that when you twist the atomizer in place using the mouthpiece, sometimes you find that the mouthpiece turns but the atomizer doesn't turn if you're not pushing down hard enough. If you have the guts in the mouthpiece and the guts are making serious contact with the atomizer wick, you can find yourself twisting the wick, too, which will weaken it (or potentially destroy it).

Put the empty mouthpiece on the atomizer, then press down hard as you turn. Initially, it can be difficult to get the atomizer in place, but it gets easier with time. Folks have reported some kind of caulking in the V2 which sometimes makes it more difficult to seat the atomizer properly, but the extra caulking generally comes away after you've seated the atomizer a few times.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
I got the Janty Stick with a 901 adapter, but cannot get the atomizer seated into the adapter. I've cut my finger trying. Anyone know the secret to this?

I use the handle from a pair of pliers. They're soft rubber and are the right size to grip the 901 and turn it inside the adapter.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Instead of using a cartridge, it's generally better to use an empty mouthpiece (the type that generally ships with your atomizer as a cover--just the mouthpiece with no white sleeve stuck in it and no filler).

The idea is that when you twist the atomizer in place using the mouthpiece, sometimes you find that the mouthpiece turns but the atomizer doesn't turn if you're not pushing down hard enough. If you have the guts in the mouthpiece and the guts are making serious contact with the atomizer wick, you can find yourself twisting the wick, too, which will weaken it (or potentially destroy it).

Put the empty mouthpiece on the atomizer, then press down hard as you turn. Initially, it can be difficult to get the atomizer in place, but it gets easier with time. Folks have reported some kind of caulking in the V2 which sometimes makes it more difficult to seat the atomizer properly, but the extra caulking generally comes away after you've seated the atomizer a few times.

Duh-uh . . . just realized the problem folks were talking about was getting the atomizer inside the adapter.

But the advice still holds true--use an empty mouthpiece inside the 901 atomizer, then screw into the adapter. :)

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I have a JS (801) and will probably never look back - though all the chatter on how good the 510 is may push my hand to try one.

Attys and Juice are pretty much the tough one to home make - IMHO.

I'm stocking attys and juice per month as I go assuming worse case usage:
2 attys/month (I'm vape heavy)
5ml/day

Batts for the JS are all over the web and you can easily make a batt mod (or usb passthru) to continue using the atty/juice.

outadadark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2009
London, UK
Hi lowwkeyy

I've been a Janty Stick owner for about a week now, new to vaping, 11 days without the dreaded 'Analogs'!!

I bought:

tinygreensheep.com

Ultrafire WF-138 charger for the JS batteries (10440) £12.37 - Free Delivery

bestofferbuy.com
TrustFire All-in-One Charger (for 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650/CR123A) - £5.85 - Free Delivery

Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack - £2.83 - Free Delivery

I bought two chargers to keep one at work, one at home. For atomisers and cartridges, go back to Toby at ivapour.

Happy vaping!!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
holy crap janty stick rocks . still using the 510 but the janty is damn good if i could only take one . janty is coming w me

Same here. Isn't it great?! I really, at this point, don't see any other mod in my future. I'm not a huge 'throat hit' guy - not that you can't get one with the JS, just that I don't think I'll need the extra voltage. The cord acts as a passthrough so when in the car I have it hooked up with the car lighter plug that I linked to earlier, so when I leave the car I have a fully charged battery.

On your atomizer question, Parked from dietsmokes answers it fully here:

YouTube - Parked's Review Of The Janty Stick Generic Atomizer Fitment

... which is also nice in that you aren't tied to just one atomizer choice. I have 25 now :) and three Janty Sticks.

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
my car stereo has a usb input on the face u know what im doing.

hate watchen videos read the posts and have 5x 801 attys on order and one kissbox.

i believe my 2nd or 3rd alchol 91% bath cleared up the burn chucks so im happy with my current one so far

the straw mod seems almost needed to get all the juice out of the cart ( most of it) i have taken about 30 hits off a topped off cart about three at a time type a little then three more with good vapor taste on all and still puffen strong. im vaping about 5-10ml of juice a day the 510 is a damn good unit and found myself using it today ( auto battery or hands free mode) .

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
ugg i really love smoke ecigs

now the button is getting stuck in the down position . and i have a nice little spot on my couch from a juice leak from the bottom :(

They're a bit hard to overfill with the big cart but it looks like you found a way around that :) Too bad. I've never had mine apart but you might check the Janty forum or dietsmokes whereever you got it and ask what to do. Not sure they'll have a fix for the couch though. You're on your own there.

Satyr

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Franklin Park, Illinois
I've been using, and have been very happy with, my M401. But, I'm the foreman of a sheet metal shop and I'm constantly on my feet and moving around all day. The M401 hasn't been my cup of tea to use at work. I can't keep it assembled in my pocket due to the auto battery. It activates just from moving around. It gets hot, and liquid ends up in the battery. I have been keeping it in the case (the one that comes with the Dragon from TrueSmoker) with it taken apart. So every time I need a few puffs I have to stop, assemble it, vape, then put it away. It's a pain. I decided a manual battery would be the way for me to go. My next problem with the M401 at work is the constant need to top it off or drip on the atty.

Now, I love my M401. It's great, but not a "use at work all day" kind of great. I am really thinking hard about getting the Janty V2. I have only one question which needs answering: How long do the carts last? I know they are larger than the M401 and probably last longer, but by how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread