Janty USA service concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Does anyone have an active email address for JantyUSA? By active I mean, an email address that has a chance of getting checked and maybe even responded to.

I've tried orders@jantyusa.com, dispatch@jantyusa.com and even jorth1@gmail.com the only email response I've ever received from them was from the "orders" address about 2 weeks ago.

I've been trying to contact Janty regarding their practice of sending alternate flavors of carts when "Out of Stock". Based on the single email response I've received from them...
"Our common practice when
shipping orders with cartridges is if we are out of a flavor/strength
that you ordered we include extra free carts to make up for that. As
soon as the flavors you've requested are back in stock we will ship
those separately."
Still have'nt received the flavors I ordered on 3-10-09 and no email responses from them indicating when I can expect them. How long is an acceptable amount of time for them to hold my money while they wait for stock? I figure a couple weeks would be reasonable, and even offered to accept a 2nd or third choice of "In Stock" flavors (of my chosing) but I can't get any response from them at all!

Another issue that has failed to garner any response from Janty is that, With my last order I purchased a couple bottles of juice...Both bottles I received were underfilled by about 2 mls measured.
Has anyone else been receiving their Janty bottles shorted? This really grinds on me and I cannot get a Janty rep. to reply to an email! In my mind this is no different than getting 9 cans of beer in a 12 pack!
Not sure if they hand fill the bottles or if they have an automated filler but IMO... I'm already paying a premium for their juice and Shorting me 20% of what I've paid for is an unacceptable bump to that premium.

To date I've placed 2 orders from JantyUSA and not received what I paid for from either order.

What I find most frustrating is that I felt I had done my homework before selecting a High Quality product from a reputable supplier before buying my 1st e-cig. God forbid I need to return any failed parts under warranty with the non-existant customer service I've seen thus far.

I'll spend my e-cig dollars elsewhere 'til they can get their house in order.

Mike

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Strat, I wouldn't count on an answer soon. I tried to contact them a few days ago and never received an answer either. You may want to look at some of the other posts on this site under Janty. They just moved, so they may still be trying to unpack and get organized. It is not good customer service to ignore customers!!! That is how businesses lose customers!

TMK2009

Mar 9, 2009
Indiana
I have been waiting for my 510Dura-C for a while now still says in processing on the site. I got a reply to my e-mail by Jeff. He said they would be getting a shipment on 3/17 or 3/18 and it would ship right out. It seems a lot of people do get a response from Jeff but nothing actually ever happens... So I would say buying from them in general is a bad idea.

You don't run a business like that imo even if you are moving it is no excuse cease to take orders like Steve did at Pursmoker till you are relocated and can handle customer requests and orders again. At least he was honest and informative on his site as to the situation. To take orders and money for things you can't deliver is fraud.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
1. I've always used info@jantyusa.com to get responses.

2. I was digging through orders to see how much I've spent with Janty. My first order with them was order 282 on August 16, 2008. My last order was 2780 on March 18, 2009.

That means 2498 orders have been made in the past 8 months. That's 312 orders/month. Now, I believe one person can process 6 orders/hour since you figure it's about 10 minutes per order if there is a well designed logistics setup. Probably 4 minutes on paperwork and 6 minutes on retrieving and packing.

Now, this is 52 hours/month to process orders. That's the average.

However, I look further at the trends here...

My order on September 1 (about 2 weeks later) was order 351. So, 69 orders in 2 weeks. (34.5/week)

My order on September 21 was number 465. So, 114 orders in 3 weeks. (38/week)

November 30, order 958. 493 orders in 6 weeks. (82/week)

January 8, order 1269. 311 orders in 5 weeks. (62/week)

January 27, order 1511. 242 orders in 3 weeks. (80/week)

Feb 7, order 1695. 184 orders in 2 weeks. (92/week)

Feb 21, order 2054. 359 orders in 2 weeks. (179/week) <-- This is where I suspect they got wiped out and is the reason they are having a hard time recovering. I believe this comes into line with the Dura-C launch announcement and acceptance of pre-orders.

March 1, order 2218. 164 orders in 1 week. (164/week)

March 4, order 2315. 97 orders...in 3 DAYS. <-- STILL GETTING WIPED OUT!!

March 19, order 2780. 462 orders in 2 weeks. (231/week) <-- OMG!!! YOU GUYS ARE GETTING YOUR ASSES Kicked!

From a business perspective, Janty is doing awesome. Their supply is exceeding their demand and they haven't been able to catch up from the mid-February explosion. The complaints are rising because they were not expecting such an explosion.

In the end, I say give them until May to catch up to this. The same happened to Puresmoker...this was a totally unexpected explosion in the e-cig market. If Janty is feeling it, and we saw Puresmoker "eating crap" during much of March, I'm pretty sure this is a trend that will continue as they catch up.

So, maybe it's not entirely a "customs" issue....it appears to be more along the lines of a huge demand increase. The e-cig market is on a serious upswing by all appearances. I wonder what Puresmoker's order numbers look like as well? I wonder if they fall in line?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I have never had any problems with Jeff. He always answers my emails, always ships promptly unless they are our of stock, always replaces faulty parts, etc. I use the contact us form on the site, and get a response quickly. I waited, like everyone else, on the Dura C, but it came when Jeff said it would. I had two atomizers die yesterday, reported it then, and see that the replacements are being shipped. Like others said, they are growing more quickly than anticipated, so that will cause some problems, but those same problems are likely with any of these companies that become very popular. My guess is most start out of the home and then find they cannot stay in such a small space and have to scamper for space. Add to that the fact that most of us were unaware of e cigarettes a year ago. Most businesses have logistic problems when growth is so fast.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hi Dis,
Thanks for the input.
Wow! Yer one heckuva Janty Customer!

Assuming your 10 min. per order is close to accurate...
Each person could process 6 orders/Hr. Which equates to 48 orders/8 hr. Day or 240 orders/5 day week. Based on the data youv'e supplied....
It appears that a single person, processing orders, would just now be nearing a point of being overwhelmed... Far from getting "Wiped Out".
Unless my math is off somewhere.

I guess thats a moot point in my mind... Once they reached a point that they could no longer provide reliable customer service, or even answer customer inquries/concerns via email, they have ceased operation as a reputable supplier and simply became a run of the mill "Drop Shipper".

Busy or not, there is no excuse for advertising and selling a 10ml. bottle and then sending the bottles with 8mls. I really would like to know how many other customers have questioned, why the bottles don't contain the volume their advertised as containing. A simple email reply indicating a willingness to correct the situation would go a long way here.
With No communication, It leaves a newer customer to wonder if this is intentionally fraudulent behavior.

And their "We ship what we got, regardless of what you order" cart policy just seems crazy to me.... A simple analogy to explain my frustration...

I order a Whopper at the Burger King drive thru, pull forward to the first window and pay for my Whopper, pull to the next window and am handed a bag. I open the bag to find a fish sandwich! When I question the apparent mistake I'm told "Sorry no Whoppers in stock but if/when we get some in stock, we'll send ya one for free"... (How is it free once youv'e accepted my money for it?) Sound like something you'd happpily agree to? I would expect the teller to notify me when I ordered, that my 1st choice was unavailable and ask if I'd like a different sandwich, and maybe, just maybe even offer me a choice of sandwiches that are in stock. Instead of assuming any sandwich they choose of equal size will suffice.

Ok, now I'm just ranting.... To be honest, the big issue for me here is no communication whatsoever.

Mike

Last edited:

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Each person could process 6 orders/Hr. Which equates to 48 orders/8 hr. Day or 240 orders/5 day week. Based on the data youv'e supplied....
It appears that a single person, processing orders, would just now be nearing a point of being overwhelmed... Far from getting "Wiped Out".
Unless my math is off somewhere.

Good observation. But think of this...who is ordering the product, maintaining stock level and answering emails and queries?

That was the point I was trying to make. Based off your observation, what do you think was changed in order to meet the order demands as much as possible?

Picking, packing, and shipping is not the only thing happening. Basically, JantyUSA needs 1 or 2 more heads in their facility to keep up with the growing demands. :) If you look at the complaints, they are starting around end of February....where did the demand pick up?

It all coincides. That's all I'm saying. If they hire two more people, they can catch up by May. (You have to give a week or two to train.)

Also, when you look at any production, you never get 8 hours of work a day out of any one person. The break schedule is usually an unpaid lunch and then 2 x 15 minute breaks (paid). So, you are looking at a maximum of 7.5 hours/day out of any one person. Then there's meetings with suppliers, customers, etc. So you would be lucky to get 7 hours of actual work out of somebody on any given day.

Also keep in mind Book keeping, tracking inventory and all the other "Business" related tasks at hand. Oh I almost forgot....Lunch Breaks, coffee breaks, bathroom breaks, vape break, another lunch break, another coffee break, staff meetings, peer consouling, anger management sessions, group therapy, gym workouts, Opraha Winfrey show......

Strat..

Try Jeff@jantyusa.com

Now question here is..do they fill the bottles or do they already come pre-filled from elsewhere.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Apparently, that address is not viable.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <jeff@jantyusa.com>
Reason: No Such User Here

Actually, IMO, The Question is not who fills the bottles or where the bottles are filled, but...Were they aware the bottles did not contain 10mls and do they plan on correcting the matter?

I appreciate the fact that so many have always received prompt email replies from jantyusa.com. I actually considered that fact while deciding where to purchase my 1st e-cig from. I had seen many statements in these forums indicating that jantyusa.com was an established US supplier with good a customer contact policy. It was actually one of the reasons I felt confident in selecting them.

Mike

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, good luck getting a response from Janty U.S.

I had a terrible experience ordering from them. They told me on 4 separate occasions that my order would ship "today", then nothing. Nada. For days.

And I had to email them each time to ask for an update, only to get cut and paste responses that came nowhere near answering my question.

My last email to them was to cancel my order and demand a refund. Still no reply, go figure.

Good luck!

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
after sending about 5 emails re; my order, I finally got an email from Jeff late last week saying the shipments "just" came in and would be processed and sent quickly...nothing, mine is still "processing". I'm giving them til the end of today, then filing a dispute. Take my money and not have product....grrrr
2 bottles of juice shouldn't take weeks...I really wanted to try their cappicinio, but not this bad :evil:

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
after sending about 5 emails re; my order, I finally got an email from Jeff late last week saying the shipments "just" came in and would be processed and sent quickly...nothing, mine is still "processing". I'm giving them til the end of today, then filing a dispute. Take my money and not have product....grrrr
2 bottles of juice shouldn't take weeks...I really wanted to try their cappicinio, but not this bad :evil:

Yeah, the quickest response I've gotten from them so far is accepting my payment. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread