Janty USA service concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
You're right. Maybe I'm too quick to judge the intelligence of future-people.

Ahnold is the Governator in Cali, so what's that say about us?

I always thought the future would bring great things like flying cars & jetpacks, but all we got was Facebook and ipods.

I feel like we got screwed.

Hey now, I like mu ipod...helps me ignore the dummies while walking my dog :rolleyes: but flying cars...now that would be nice with Chicago traffic

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
My first order with Janty, I was pretty impressed that Jeff answered all of my questions within a few days, then promptly sent my order (albeit a week after I ordered it) and then my order came in a few days, even an extra bottle of liquid (BTW, the RY4 tastes like burning rubber with licorice on top IMO). After vaping off the factory prime I quickly fell in love with my Janty Kissbox. I promptly ordered another one. It was sent within a week of payment, we rec'd promptly. Herein the problems begin. We got what appears to be a used unit. One of the atomizers was COVERED with some sort of nicotine liquid (could tell by smell), it vapes DISGUSTINGLY (horrible flavor and it burns my throat, and not the nice throat hit kind of burn). There was a cartridge missing from the set of 5 that comes with the unit. The battery for the passthrough was not included...I put my own battery in it to find that it doesn't work in the slightest. Not even a little bit of vapor, no hissing, no lights, no nothing...it doesn't work AT ALL. And the biggest problem....the plug-in part of the charger WAS NOT INCLUDED. Glad I already had one from a previous order...but 2 vapers in the house + 4 batteries + 1 charger - 1 passthrough (the only one we own doesn't work), we are dying here! I have been trying to contact Jeff at Janty for 9 days, going on 10. Not even a response, not one, not even an aknowledgement, NOTHING. I have tried to contact him at 3 different email addresses. So, as I said, in the past, Jeff has been very prompt...and I do understand "they are moving" but case in point....what do the customers do in the meantime?

Sorry Jeff, I love my janty....but I'm very sad right now! :(

fredstrong

Feb 24, 2009
I sent the payment for a jar of liquid on the 5th of March. The 10th I sent them an email, just to make sure they've got the order, because on my account it still says order being processed. No response. The 18th, another email. No response. Now, I am on my last cartridge, and after having not smoked a ciggarette for 21 days, I have to buy a pack tomorrow. >:[

Look, I love Janty and their products, but you can not sell yourself as an alternative source of NICOTINE! and take an extra 10 days getting someone their liquid. Nicotine addiction is extremely unforgiving. I'm u[set I have to smoke again.

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
Yeah I sent Jeff an email a few days ago asking for a refund, nothing but silence from him.

This is the kind of crap that people are ...... about.

I've also read several posts from people in my position that claim Jeff doesn't really refund your money, he just sends you the package anyway and your have to refuse the package or you're stuck w/ the product.

My suspicion is that they do this on purpose, so that "most" people will just say "screw it" and not bother w/ the whole return/refund process.

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
Hey now, I like mu ipod...helps me ignore the dummies while walking my dog :rolleyes: but flying cars...now that would be nice with Chicago traffic

While iPods may be cool, they're not exactly the technological breakthrough I was expecting when I was a kid dreaming about the "future".

I thought in 2009 we'd be doing Buck Rogers kind of stuff, but I can't see Buck updating his Myspace or Twittering boring crap about his daily life.

We still have a long way to go.

Amy

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
Florida
So, maybe it's not entirely a "customs" issue....it appears to be more along the lines of a huge demand increase. The e-cig market is on a serious upswing by all appearances. I wonder what Puresmoker's order numbers look like as well? I wonder if they fall in line?

Hi, I'm new here. I have not yet tried out the e-cig but ordered from Janty a few days ago before I noticed the fuss.

Anyway, I think you are probably partially right in your thoughts. I've not seen it mentioned here but on April 1st another federal tax hit on tobacco goes into effect. The brand I smoke is already $7.00 more a carton (so in my case that is at least $28 more a month). My daughter noticed an article about e-cigs recentely and encouraged me to try it. The more I started looking at these the more I thought this would be the most likely thing to work for me. I'm fed up with the tax increases, government bullying and heck this alternative appears to ditch the things about smoking I've never really liked (second hand smoke and knowing I smell like smoke, for instance).

I'd not be shocked if a lot more smokers would be interested in the e-cig if they knew about it.

soylantgreen

Feb 24, 2009
Ludo stated on another thread that it would be down for a few days for maintenance or something.

He also asked everyone to start contacting Jeff directly, so yeah I'm betting he's not too pleased at having to step in and handle Jeff's customer service issues.

On a lighter note, I got my refund last nite after emailing Ludo. That guy's FAST.

Retina_Burn

Mar 12, 2009
Kansas USA
So, been a lurker for a couple months and dove in by ordering a Dura "C" from these crooks. Seriously bad idea. I didn't know and was not notified by them that these were not in stock. Dropped over $100 getting all set up with what I wanted. Slow email responses back telling me that shipments have been delayed and when I get no communication or shipping confirmation on the day that they tell me, I have to email them and get the same response. Been pushed out 3 times now. I'm asking for refund. In this time I've received a DSE-901 from Litecigusa.com that works great. I'm so mad that they took my money and keep giving me the runaround. Now the site is down. Not a good first experience. Here's hoping for a shipping confirmation # or a refund tomorrow so I can make another order from Litecigusa.com for some more parts and some different juice.

Retina_Burn

Mar 12, 2009
Kansas USA
As an update, I asked for a refund and PayPal says that it has been refunded (although for some reason my bank does not reflect this, prob an issue with PayPal). No actual email from JantyUSA though. Just a notification from PayPal. I think I'm going to stay away from this retailer personally. "fool me once....." kind of thing. Hope others have better luck, the Dura's looked like good products. Maybe I'll try the Europe site. Not sure if I want to gamble on these since they are fairly expensive.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
As an update, I asked for a refund and PayPal says that it has been refunded (although for some reason my bank does not reflect this, prob an issue with PayPal). No actual email from JantyUSA though. Just a notification from PayPal. I think I'm going to stay away from this retailer personally. "fool me once....." kind of thing. Hope others have better luck, the Dura's looked like good products. Maybe I'll try the Europe site. Not sure if I want to gamble on these since they are fairly expensive.

If Paypal indicates a refund, it would be in your on-line account balance. You actually have to initiate a 'withdrawal' to send the funds back to your bank account.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Ope, just an update. That atomizer that I said tasted horrible....um...it was rusted inside (which I found out when i vaped a good bit on it and my cartridge turned red, and i turned a few cartridges red verifying)....I took a flashlight and glanced in there, rusted. Can I get tetanus from smoking rust? LOL. Still no word from Janty, although a long response to complaints was posted on the thread "What the hell is wrong with janty?"

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
Ope, just an update. That atomizer that I said tasted horrible....um...it was rusted inside (which I found out when i vaped a good bit on it and my cartridge turned red, and i turned a few cartridges red verifying)....I took a flashlight and glanced in there, rusted. Can I get tetanus from smoking rust? LOL. Still no word from Janty, although a long response to complaints was posted on the thread "What the hell is wrong with janty?"

Just curious as to if you are aware that some juices and carts do turn red after vaping...For me, my cappuccino carts always turn red/dark orange when I smoke them...are you sure you're not confusing a color change for rust???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread