Jenny McCarthy Pairs Up With blu eCigs In New Television And Web Advertising Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

thew92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Texas
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/01/5615096/jenny-mccarthy-p

blu eCigs, the electronic cigarette company widely known for its products' superior style and quality, today announced TV personality and celebrity Jenny McCarthy will be featured in its new television and online advertising campaign. Airing nationwide August 5, the advertisements will feature Jenny sharing her personal experiences and attraction to blu eCigs, including an introduction of the new Starter Pack.

Looks like the ecig just got a new spokesperson, like her or blu or not.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
BLU will save vaping for everyone, whether one likes their products or not. They are the only ones out there with nationwide AD campaigns educating the public and helping to make vaping socially acceptable.
If they come out with a better product than their current offerings, I'd try it for discreet vaping.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I bought one Blu early on, from a guy in a convenience store who was pushing them. I recall it made a huge vapor cloud, but tasted harsh and metallic, I liked the NJOY better. Until I relized I had spent about $2 an hour for it ...

Not sure if the Blu commercials really register with non-smokers. I've watched them with people who are rabid anti-tobacco fanatics, and they did not react in any way, it went right over their heads. I expected comments about the evils of tobacco, but I don't think the message got through ...

I do hear radio spots that specifically compare smoking and vaping, but they are ads for local stores, not any specific manufacturer or vendor ...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hahahah. I like you Jenny, but you're doin' it wrong.
Jenny1.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It looks like only the bottom-dweller celebrities are affordable.
But Jenna McCarthy and Courtney Love make Stephen Dorff look like look like Leonardo DiCaprio.
Okay, I'll admit that I made this post before watching the video.
:)

So yeah, that was actually pretty good, but still...

From the Video said:
I can whip out my Blu and not be afraid of scaring the guys away
Really? I don't think there are any guys that would care if you smelled like cigarettes.
:laugh:

Bob Lion54

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Louisiana, USA
Hahahah. I like you Jenny, but you're doin' it wrong.
View attachment 237590
Oh, the things I want to say...

In all seriousness, though, the more good publicity for vaping the better, in my opinion. She might not be a top tier celebrity, but she is recognizable and makes it less something a few oddball people are doing and somehow more... I donno, "Hollywood?"

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even someone like Jenny McCartney can help make it less of a new, weird thing some people are doing and instead make it seem more normal.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Vaping PR = good.
J.M. = hot.

A bit too much on the "blu is sexy" theme. I'm not sure I'm fond of that marketing strategy from the "keeping kids away from it" standpoint. Not that I particularly support the "save the kids" antz rant, but ....I'd rather we got rid of smoking advertising and also emphasized the e-cig as an alternative to current smokers. Not an "e-cigs" are sexy thing. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. IDK.

I do think she's hot, but they could have played that cool. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread