Jenny McCarthy Pairs Up With blu eCigs In New Television And Web Advertising Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
There's a ton members who prefer their cig-a-like ...
however, they don't bring it up often because they get snickers.

I've been converting smokers for almost 5 years and 99% of the time
I put an cig-a-like AND an eGo in front of them ... they reach for the cig-a-like.

Back in the days when the options were few ... no one cared that much which PV
someone liked. Today ... many on the ECF mistakenly think those who vape a cig-a-like
are missing the treat of their life and would be more satisfied if the moved up.
:laugh:

If it wasn't for the sucky battery life of cig-a-likes ... I would still be vaping my Joye 510.

Actually ... that brings to mind a YouTube I saw yesterday

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
...., they haven't !
never mind, some could always slick their 40 yr old DA with Brylcreem, don a denim jacket and whoop around town with a lasso in one hand, and a sh**-O-cig in the other :laugh:

Welp. I'm not above whooping around town with my 45 year old a**. I don't know how to throw a lasso, but if I did I could probably be convinced to bring it along.

MonkInsane

ECF Veteran

Detestable, and full of freaking lies, I posted the following comment to correct some of his uhhhm..."facts" (LIES)

OK, after reading the crap you wrote I have to reply.

Firstly you said:

"Did you catch where they address the question of whether the health risks are reduced in e-cigarettes? That’s right, they didn’t. They didn’t point out that there are no safety studies. "

There are safety studies, but according to law - they are not allowed to say that they are safer. Thank you FDA (Short for Federal Dumb Asses) for that.

Then you go on with some more LIES:

" “Propylene Glycol“. That’s a form of antifreeze. A form that has been approved by the FDA for some food uses. "

Propylene Glycol (PG) IS NOT ANTI-FREEZE. It is an ingredient in anti-freeze used to make Anti-Freeze less toxic, also there are different grades of PG, Industrial grade (which is used in Anti-freeze) and Pharmaceutical Grade which is the grade used in electronic cigarettes, foods, ashma inhalers and a wide variety of medicines and foods designed for human consumption. It is also used in some foods, ashma inhalers, and other medicines.

And you quote the following:

" Here’s the proposition 65 warning on the Blu website;

| CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 – Warning: This product contains nicotine, a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
"

More Bull.... by the way, nicotine - outside of a tobacco cigarette, is fairly benign in the doses you get from an electronic cigarette - about as bad for you as caffeine in the doses you find in the typical Electronic Cigarette.

Sources:

Long-term effects of inhaled nicotine. [Life Sci. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI
Propylene Glycol: The Good, the Bad and the Alternatives
PLOS ONE: EffiCiency and Safety of an eLectronic cigAreTte (ECLAT) as Tobacco Cigarettes Substitute: A Prospective 12-Month Randomized Control Design Study

And these are just a few, there is plenty of info available if you just take the time TO DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE WRITING A LOAD OF BULL......

So get your facts striaght.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
There's a ton members who prefer their cig-a-like ...
however, they don't bring it up often because they get snickers.

I've been converting smokers for almost 5 years and 99% of the time
I put an cig-a-like AND an eGo in front of them ... they reach for the cig-a-like.

Back in the days when the options were few ... no one cared that much which PV
someone liked. Today ... many on the ECF mistakenly think those who vape a cig-a-like
are missing the treat of their life and would be more satisfied if the moved up.
:laugh:

If it wasn't for the sucky battery life of cig-a-likes ... I would still be vaping my Joye 510.

So you dont teach others from the value of your own experiences-you just let them 'choose' a sh**-O-cig, probably purchase their own after that, before finding out (eventualy) that they are "missing out on the treat of their lives" and, for less dollars in all likelyhood ?

WHUT ? :p

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Here comes the cig-a-like haters
:p

I cant hate something I dont use :p, it's the rip off element that the 'big players' are using (niavety on the part of noobs-or people who don't do their homework) that I detest.
These things are being used as a con, if they were priced fairly (in line with other products available) I wouldn't have an issue.
That would see their 'real value' at around $1.75 for a 'throwaway'.
And so far its been grass roots vapers that have put vaping on the map-the very people who in all likelyhood are about to be 'torn a new a**hole' by greedy moneymakers.:evil:

Sh**-O-cigs do have their place, mostly with people who are self conscious when in a social setting-probably.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Here comes the cig-a-like haters
:p

Oh dear ohdear... I drive a little stick-shift no-electric-anything subcompact, and if someone told me I should really drive a Ferrari or a MB Smart Car, I'd just pat them on the shoulder and say "Yes, dear, I'll certainly consider it," and tootle on with the subc. All the while realizing, of course, that not a few people really believe that Ferrari's or Smarts are better and I should be driving one for my own good.

Same goes for ecigs. I switched using a cigalike, and cigalikes still figure in my arsenal. No, I don't get massive clouds of vapor, and yes, they require more frequent charging, but the bottom line is they satisfy me most of the time. But I'm a live and let live person. I won't think more or less of you whether you vape a cigalike or a Provari. And while I might point out the pros and cons of each if you asked me, I wouldn't presume to tell you which you should be using...

/rant

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Oh dear ohdear... I drive a little stick-shift no-electric-anything subcompact, and if someone told me I should really drive a Ferrari or a MB Smart Car, I'd just pat them on the shoulder and say "Yes, dear, I'll certainly consider it," and tootle on with the subc. All the while realizing, of course, that not a few people really believe that Ferrari's or Smarts are better and I should be driving one for my own good.

Same goes for ecigs. I switched using a cigalike, and cigalikes still figure in my arsenal. No, I don't get massive clouds of vapor, and yes, they require more frequent charging, but the bottom line is they satisfy me most of the time. But I'm a live and let live person. I won't think more or less of you whether you vape a cigalike or a Provari. And while I might point out the pros and cons of each if you asked me, I wouldn't presume to tell you which you should be using...

/rant

I dont have a problem with the people that 'choose' to use them Ania

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I cant hate something I dont use :p, it's the rip off element that the 'big players' are using (niavety on the part of noobs-or people who don't do their homework) that I detest.These things are being used as a con, if they were priced fairly (in line with other products available) I wouldn't have an issue.That would see their 'real value' at around $1.75 for a 'throwaway'.And so far its been grass roots vapers that have put vaping on the map-the very people who in all likelyhood are about to be 'torn a new a**hole' by greedy moneymakers.:evil:Sh**-O-cigs do have their place, mostly with people who are self conscious when in a social setting-probably.
I do agree with your "rip off element" comment, and it's unconscionable the prices being charged by some vendors to uninformed newcomers.But if you to call my V2 cigalike setup a sh**-O-cig, I'm going to slap your wrist and send you to the corner for a time out! You have been warned... :glare:

Last edited:

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Your wrist, and the corner, are safe for another day, Orb! :laugh:

Thank you (phew!) :)

so, for anyone else that thinks I like to 'snicker' at cig-a-like users you are mistaken

tumblr_m6z2k0oy871ryi6g5o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread