Johnson Creek Micro Sampler

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I just opened up the sampler envelope from JC i've been waiting all week for and I just have to comment on the actual package before getting into the flavors themselves. Now this thing cost 20 bucks($26 with shipping-oh wait I got the 15% discount-which will stop shortly), and to give you and idea HOW SMALL the sample pack actually is; It comes in a decorative round tin(Nice enough) that is 3 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep(pretty friggin small). Even with the small size of the tin they managed to fit in a sealed plastic bag filled with 10- 2inch droppers and ALL 10 sample vials. So for all those wondering why they don't mention the SIZE of the samples on their website, it's because they've charged you $20 bucks for 20 ml's of liquid. Each vial is a measly 2ml's!!!!!! Not much of sample.I may be back later on with the flavor reviews if there's enough in here to review.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
When i got mine the sample size was 3.5 ml. are you sure it is not that. 20 for 35 ml is not bad. Juice was ok, but I love the vials that came with it. I use them for all my other juice. The best way to drip. The plastic bottles always drip to much.

Right when I got out of college I worked shortly in QA for local Pharmaceutical Manufacturer. These vials were the 2ml amber sample vials we used to take test samples off the reactors and stills. I'm almost positive. Even if they are 3.5ml(which I really don't think they are), The sample pack is supposed to be a promotion to get people to try their new flavors, not a money making gimmick. I was certainly expecting a little more. Granted I didn't think I was going to be getting 10 - 10ml vials, but this is ridiculous.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
It sucks that you are disappointed, but the reality is 2ml is plenty to give something a try to decide if you like it enough to buy in... IMO. I thought they were 3ml, but either way. I too purchased their sampler and realized that some flavors I like and some I dont which I feel is the purpose. :)

I was really just expecting a little bit more from the picture on the website. They should, at the very least, tell you what you're paying for on the website. And I'm certain what I recieved was 2ml vials. But maybe you're right, you live and learn.

lorgain

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Dickson TN
I'm surprised that you didn't like your sample pack. I think I got their Welcome to E-smoking kit. It had the ten flavors and a bunch of gadgetry to assist refilling carts. I fell head over heels in love with the Kona flavored juice and have been vaping it ever since, and they sent this really cool offset tweezer to grab lots of cartridge parts. I love that thing, too. I didn't like most of the flavors, but I gave them away to greatful e-smoking buddies and got some good karma in return.

Hmm..maybe I'm just easily impressed and satified. But I know that I look like a tenured e-smoking Professor with all my "instrumentation." I have so much esmoking gadgets and accessories now that I practically have to wear a tool to vape while traveling. :p

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
I also ordered the 10 pack sampler. I just checked and found that each of mine hold 3 mils. The thing is that it isn't just the juice. Most places sell those 3 mil glass dropper bottles for $1 or more each. So in reality you are only paying $1 for 3mils of juice. That is a very good deal. Of course that's provided you like all the flavors. I liked all but 3 of mine. I'm not a menthol fan so that automatically made one I wasn't even gonna try.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I guess everyone is missing my point. Ok 2ml's, 3ml's. I just measured with a syringe and each bottle had 2.5 -2.7ml's of fluid in it. My point was, that this was a "promotional" sampler to try to get interest out in there new flavor series. If it was my business, I would have noted "we have a 3ml- 10 vial sample kit so everyone can try our new flavors. Just pay shipping and we'll send it out to you to try our new exciting flavors" Or charged just enough to cover the cost plus shipping. They actually MADE money off this, which, to me, negates the idea of a "sampler pack". Also, I cant keep the vials standing up straight in the tin. To the gentlemen who got there $30 kit, in retrospect, I should've gotten that. At least they include extra goodies in that one. I guess I can't complain, I've gotten worse deals. But they really should list the vial size on their website.

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana
I think maybe it's just a difference in perpective.

I see the point you are making, and I can see why someone might be disappointed if looking at it that way. On the other hand, some of us look at it more like they are giving us customers the opportunity to try small amounts of all the different flavors without having to spring for a big bottle of one we might not end up liking. They might end up with increased sales, and we might end up with more flavors we know we enjoy (or some we know for sure we'll avoid dropping more cash on *cough*Cherry*cough*). I don't mind paying around the same end dollar amount to have that opportunity plus the same total ml of juice, 10 useful small bottles, and a tin (I use it to hold other vaping supplies on my desk, but agree they should have made it tall enough to hold the bottles with the droppers on). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though :)

Last edited:

Talen

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
East Coast U.S.A/Thailand
I guess everyone is missing my point. Ok 2ml's, 3ml's. I just measured with a syringe and each bottle had 2.5 -2.7ml's of fluid in it. My point was, that this was a "promotional" sampler to try to get interest out in there new flavor series. If it was my business, I would have noted "we have a 3ml- 10 vial sample kit so everyone can try our new flavors. Just pay shipping and we'll send it out to you to try our new exciting flavors" Or charged just enough to cover the cost plus shipping. They actually MADE money off this, which, to me, negates the idea of a "sampler pack". Also, I cant keep the vials standing up straight in the tin. To the gentlemen who got there $30 kit, in retrospect, I should've gotten that. At least they include extra goodies in that one. I guess I can't complain, I've gotten worse deals. But they really should list the vial size on their website.

You're joking right? They are a business and they need to make money to stay in business. They had a sample pack before the flavor change as well and guess what they charged for that too.

The sample pack is so you can have a small sample of each juice to see which ones you might like instead of buying a 30ml bottle completely blind.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
You're joking right? They are a business and they need to make money to stay in business. They had a sample pack before the flavor change as well and guess what they charged for that too.

The sample pack is so you can have a small sample of each juice to see which ones you might like instead of buying a 30ml bottle completely blind.

No I'm Not joking. I, as well as being a pharmacist, am part owner of a credit bureau/ collection agency. Recently(well about 1yr-1/2 ago) we trial marketed a new collection format(we dubbed DirectCollect). Without going into all the boring details of the collection operations, we offered existing clients and new signups(within a certain time frame) a "free trial" of this new format for a certain amount of their accounts. Maybe we should have called it, a collection sampler. I'm well aware of the what it means to own a business. These are the things you do to acquaint your clients(new or old) with new product. You add this offering into the overall accounting as a cost of doing business. You can even write it off if you do it correctly(or have a good accountant). Now, I accept everyones else's opinion, maybe I was wrong, maybe they have a right to their opinion without being told "Are you joking?" I thought that was what this forum was about. I guess you know more then I do Talen. Sorry to offend you.

mnealtx

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo
markarich159 said:
I'm well aware of the what it means to own a business. These are the things you do to acquaint your clients(new or old) with new product. You add this offering into the overall accounting as a cost of doing business.

That's the way YOU chose to expand your collections - that doesn't mean that it's the only way to expand a client base.

markarich159 said:
Now, I accept everyones else's opinion, maybe I was wrong, maybe they have a right to their opinion without being told "Are you joking?"

Except, evidently, Johnson Creek's opinion on how to provide samples...or anyone who disagrees with you about the amount of product JC provides or the price.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
That's the way YOU chose to expand your collections - that doesn't mean that it's the only way to expand a client base.

True, but it has statistically been found(at least thru marketing studies in my industry) to be one of the most effective means of adding client base.

Except, evidently, Johnson Creek's opinion on how to provide samples...or anyone who disagrees with you about the amount of product JC provides or the price.

no, as I said in my previous post I accept anyone's opinion. I also admitted that my opinion is no more valid then anyone elses. Just because I disagree with JC, they are allowed to do business as they see fit. I am also allowed my opinion, they are allowed theirs, you are allowed yours. What should be discouraged in a public forum,such as this, is denegrating others opinion with insults, condescending remarks, and inflammatory rhetoric, which is intended to do nothing else but get an emotional rise out of the other person. There is a word describing this practice in forums but it escapes me right now. This will be my last word on this issue. It is my choice alone whether I will purchase from JC again. My previous experiences with them and their product have been very good for the most part.

Last edited:

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I'm undecided about how I feel with this new info...I knew from the start that my sampler would have around 30 ml, give or take, but I also wanted a convenient way to carry my e-cig supplies with me-Sounds like I might find a better carrying case at the local Target or dollar store :lol:
The best advice I can give is "know what you're purchasing before you purchase!" -j4mmin

twoshadetod

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Jacksonville
But they made money....

Seriously, it sounds like a real good deal. I'm actually considering getting the sampler myself, there aren't exactly alot of places I've seen that offer a sampler. Sorry they didn't give it to you for free, the probably tried that model of business and found it's hard to earn a living giving things away.

But at least you didn't quote yourself like the guy above me.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
True, but it has statistically been found(at least thru marketing studies in my industry) to be one of the most effective means of adding client base.

no, as I said in my previous post I accept anyone's opinion. I also admitted that my opinion is no more valid then anyone elses. Just because I disagree with JC, they are allowed to do business as they see fit. I am also allowed my opinion, they are allowed theirs, you are allowed yours. What should be discouraged in a public forum,such as this, is denegrating others opinion with insults, condescending remarks, and inflammatory rhetoric, which is intended to do nothing else but get an emotional rise out of the other person. There is a word describing this practice in forums but it escapes me right now. This will be my last word on this issue. It is my choice alone whether I will purchase from JC again. My previous experiences with them and their product have been very good for the most part.
If you are dissatisfied then communicate it to JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread