Johnson Creek Red Oak Silverthorn 18mg --Love At First Vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
Fair warning, my tastes are a little unusual.

I eat multigrain bread, because I like the taste, not because it is good for me. I really don't like white bread at all. Every time I get something in a white bun or flour tortilla, I am always thinking to myself, this would be so much better with a grainer more flavorful container.

I love black coffee with no sugar, even espresso strength.

I used to love camel cigarettes, but rarely smoked them because I couldn't afford them. I think all analog cigarettes have tasted wrong ever since they put the flame ......ant in the paper. For years, I got my analogs from abroad to avoid that nastiness. The tobacco control act cut me off from those...

This is my second time trying out ecigs as a replacement. The first time around I was unsuccessful for several reasons. When I would go out at night, I frequently had atomizers die, and reverted to analogs because they were there. Also, I never found a liquid that I really liked with beer, red wine, etc.

The candy and fruity flavors are not for me -- one or two vapes and I have had enough...

So, this time around, I am looking for a flavor that will replace my analogs day and night. I thought I would try a tobacco flavor. I came in expecting a long slog through trial and error.

I have a couple flavors steeping waiting to be tested... Then I ordered Johnson Creek Silverthorn 18 mg. I received it yesterday. I am in love. I have nearly given myself nicotine poisoning, because I cannot stop vaping it, lol!

P.S. I am using a Volt X2 with an 808D Super Shorty Cartomizer at the time of this review...

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Welcome! My favorites were JC Cured, Domestic, and Vanda . The Silverthorn and Gold Reserve weren't quite my cup of tea but not bad either. Also got a sampler tins but found others weren't quite so appealing. I used the Red Oak line as I much prefer VG over PG juices. But I stopped vaping due to their heavy use of food colorings -- which I see no reason to inhale. Also loved their Vanda but had concerns re. diacetyl.

The most important rule to vaping -- and your health -- is to keep vaping rather than smoking. After much sampling, I found the Hangsen tobaccos to be consistently very good. If you're okay with VG/PG blended juice, you can buy at modest prices from CaterpillarVapes.

Hangsen's Desert Ship, Tab Blend and Arabic are very well liked by many -- though many others are also very good.

Enjoy!

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
P.P.S. This liquid is so much thinner than the VG I had been using, it is easy to accidentally flood the atomizer in the Super Shorty by dripping down the center tube. You have to make an effort to tilt the SS on more of an angle. This is no problem at home, but a bit of a pain in the wild. I had been thinking of getting a T3 clearomizer to try with my X2, but I think with this juice I will try a top coil design.

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
ecig1.jpg

I will be asking that this juice be added to the polycarbonate not recommended list...

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
update... the aluminum tube is for a different model of vivi mini which I cannot locate in an 808 version. The mini's that disintegrated on me -- after much googling -- are V11's which apparently are too new for anyone to have glass or metal replacements for the tube. grr.

Now I really love my Volt X2, and I really love the Red Oak Silverthorn juice, but $50 bucks for a solution that may or may not be good with this iuice is a little too much to take.

I see SmokTech makes an 808 dual coil cartomizer for their SmokTank XL. I am looking for a polypropylene tank that would work with those. I emailed High Desert Vapes to see if any of theirs work with the prepunched SmokTank XL cartos, but I have not heard back from them yet.

I am open to suggestions!

Last edited:

LambdaFox

Aug 31, 2014
Demarest, NJ
Thanks LoveVanilla. I decided to try the Protank 3 mini, because it has changeable drip tips. They are not too expensive; so, I ordered 2 to compensate for them being a bit smaller than I wanted. They come with 1.5 Ohm dual coil atomizers. I ordered 1.8 Ohm replacements so I can see if I prefer one over the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread