Jolly is a modder god ( a little info to the JUST ABOVE A NOOBIE LEVEL vaporers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
To all the novice/intermediate level vapers who are thinking about getting a mod and what not. Alot of mods out there are awesome. I myself own a omega and i absolutely love it. There are some brands out there that are absolutely ridonkulous.

So, this isn't taking anything away from the commercial modders out there.

But, what i saw lastnight was extraordinary. on vapetv lastnight i watched a guy named "Jolly" on vapetv.com build a mod infront of about 100 cam viewers. He came home, grabbed a beer and sat down at his desk. He explained his buddy in the military showed him a picture of what is called an Otterbox. something that people in warzones use to put important things and make sure it's protected heavily (It looks like a large carrying case for cigarettes) and it happened to be waterproof. He told Jolly "hey, your a modder. can you make a mod out of this?" and jolly said he could.

anywho, they were auctioning off the final product and let you watch him build it and interact with him while he built it.

It was amazing. this guy built a mod and it took a few hours. But, the end result was what he called the "WarBox" a water proof variable voltage box mod with a net on the inside of the case for your spare atty's and juice.

This thing was unfrekking real. It auctioned out at 121.00 but would have auctioned for much more if the final product was shown earlier in the night IM SURE OF IT.

He literally stuck it in a glass of water while vaping to prove it was water proof. he slammed it down on the desk like 5-10 times to prove just how durable it was.

This is about 2 things. 1. Yes, commercial mods are great and they are built by absolute pro's in the industry. BUT there are modders out there on the ECF forums and other forums that make incredibly awesome work that could make you something awesome looking and incredible working for alot cheaper. Had I won the auction (I bidded for 75bucks and EVEN OFFERED TO TRADE MY OMEGA for this thing) i would have spent 75% of my commercial mod and mine isn't variable voltage.

And 2. It's not just Jolly. Jolly really just astonished me what i was watching but i'm quite sure he isn't the only one able to do the same thing.

Bottom line, if your like me, you shop around hard core as a noob before you upgrade to a mod. Do not leave out the modders on the ECF modders forum. Because he was literally saying to the winning on the cam "Hey, do you want anything else on this? do you want a seperate button for the volt meter or do you want it all to run on the same button? what other things do you want? want an LED to show it's firing or not? "

It was outstanding. And he isn't the only one. Before you make a decision to purchase a commercial mod, goto modders forum and describe what you want. And if you get no response? BUY an awesome commercial mod. But, chances are there is a up and coming modder willing to give you what you want for around 100.00 bucks and you'll be amazed by the craftsmanship.

This guy would have taken my 75.00 bucks for a product like that and thanked me for it. a VV mod of that quality for 75.00 buts and he'd actually thank me genuinely for my business? thats unbelieveable.

Remember, this is a awesome community. And, to some (like me) we are just scratching the service at the awesomeness of the community.

Anywho thanks jolly for the awesome experience and thanks modders. you are the future.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
Yea, I'm curious about pics also.

I logged out at about 2a.m. when he was finishing up but watched the rest of the video on vapetv.com this morning. I'm not sure if there are pictures. It's probably the most incredible experience as a vaper other than quitting smoking to be honest. To watch someone that is so confident with their craft build something that you would kill for is amazing.

Lucianno at vapetv.com and blacksmithpro hosting the whole was amazing, he stopped every few seconds to respond to questions and dorky comments. it was amazing.

Jolly is probably one of the coolest guys in the world. And, the fact that he probably just got home from work or something to come on at 10p.m. grab a beer and make a rad ... variable voltage mod is amazing.

This is the type of stuff some of us were missing. this is amazing.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
flag, you are so right. There are so many talented people here it is just amazing. Good post!

And the amazing thing is, these mods are so high in quality and such a low cost. If you see his recorded show on vapetv.com he literally was praising the buyer for the bid. 120.00 bucks for probably the most durable box mod you will ever find and it's variable voltage AND its water proof. me personally, would give a crap about the waterproof thing i'd be more interested in having him cut an angle out of the side and put a juice feeder in it.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I have the Otterbox Defender models on both of my iphones and on my ipad and these boxes cover to keep my stuff safe like no bodies business!
I'm going to have go watch him again build another mod.
I saw him once and he was pretty cool in the way he could tell you how to make a device
all the while talking with the listeners!
Jolly rocks!
C.B.
:evil:

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have the Otterbox Defender models on both of my iphones and on my ipad and these boxes cover to keep my stuff safe like no bodies business!
I'm going to have go watch him again build another mod.
I saw him once and he was pretty cool in the way he could tell you how to make a device
all the while talking with the listeners!
Jolly rocks!
C.B.
:evil:

CB the one he was using (i'm sure you already know) is the waterproof one on the otterbox website. It's frekkin ridiculous.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
Ever since I started vaping (over a year ago) I wanted a mod that looks like a light saber. I asked all the modders in the fourem and non of them would do it for me. Jolly said it would be no problem and I sent him a master replica darth vader hilt to mod. Thank you Jolly for building the mod I always wanted. Jolly does Rock indeed!

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
Ever since I started vaping (over a year ago) I wanted a mod that looks like a light saber. I asked all the modders in the fourem and non of them would do it for me. Jolly said it would be no problem and I sent him a master replica darth vader hilt to mod. Thank you Jolly for building the mod I always wanted. Jolly does Rock indeed!

Was that the hilt he showed in his show the other night while building the WarBox?

That's a cool hilt. Yeah, he was talking about it.

Show us the final product when it comes in, we're stoked to see it 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread