Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
This is a review of JohnaNM's newly released Torpedo Tanks.

~Background
I first came across these CE2 tanks after a 12 hour day at work. Somehow I stumbled across a closed thread in the classifieds. Imagine my dismay when I opened the thread, saw the photos of these gorgeous tanks, but also saw that they were sold out within a few hours. I quickly PM'd JonahNM & mentioned that if he happened to make any more, that i'd love to pick some up. Jonah was fast with communication & told me that I'd be next on his list when he got the materials to produce more.

Please keep in mind that I've tried every USA tank on the market except for the Vapomatic Liquinator. I even have CE2 tanks that my husband has made from both syringes, and polycarbonate tubing. I also got in on the ScubaGen Co-op..........so, I REALLY love my tanks on my non-bottom feeder mods. Tanks are cleaner and much more stylish in my opinion.

~Communication
About a week later my first contact with this supplier, I received a PM from him informing me that he made an entire batch of tanks & had 2 ready for me to use on my variable voltage Infinity. I purchased 2 tanks, at $40 each. The price is steep, but ultimately it's not when you compare the quality of these tanks to other tanks being sold these days.

~First Aesthetic Impressions
Two days after making payment, my tanks arrived in my mailbox! Lightening fast shipping! I couldn't be more impressed with that. After opening the package, the shine of the aircraft grade aluminum used to produce the caps on these tanks completely amazed me. Definitely unlike any other tank on the market today. They were almost too pretty to use:p . Immediately the top cap had me confused, but I slipped a 510 drip tip on it and there was no more confusion. The top cap has just enough room in top to put your favorite 510 drip tip on & with the top being aluminum, it holds your drip tip steady while you vape, or even set your PV on its side. This is not some flimsy gromet with a cheap/tight draw clearomizer drip tip on it. It's 100% customizable so that you can add your own tip! The polished aluminum looks gorgeous on both my infinity and Prodigy. If you like your mod to look shiny, well cared for & lovely while you vape, this custom tank definitely does the trick to add to the aesthetic value of your mod. The tanks are currently available in brushed or polished aluminum. I have yet to see a scratch, burr, or flaw in the metal of these 2 tanks.

~Ease of Use
You screw it on your 510 battery connection. It doesn't get much simpler than that. However, if your mod has a recessed battery connection, you may want to let Jonah know so that he can leave the positive connection a bit longer. You can either do that, or buy a shorty 510/510 connector to keep a solid contact between your tank and the mod. (I may be wrong, but I think Jonah may be leaving more of the positive connection down past the tank now, but i'm not 100% sure.) Jonah has several ohm tanks available, so depending on your mod, & your vaping preference you can purchase the ohm you desire. I like that, as I like higher ohms when vaping past 4 volts, especially with "bakery" flavored juices.

~Performance

I vaped an entire day with a 3.1ohm tank on my NotCigs Infinity & not a single leak, or drop of condensation came out of this tank. hmmmmmmmmmm, imagine that......a tank that actually works! I'm so glad that I purchased 2! Just for kicks, because no product is perfect right?, I filled the other tank with water & let it sit over night, still NO leaks. I laid the Infinity on its side, no leaks. Let's face it, I TRIED to get this tank to leak...........but it just didn't. As far as any pitting or leaching, i've used Halo, Alien Visions and Southern Ambrosia juices in these tanks & have not had any of these problems. Ease of use on these tanks is definitely a 10+++++

~Cleaning
For cleaning, The top and bottom caps are both very tight, but not so tight that you can't remove either the top or bottom to rinse your tank & CE2 off. The tank cleaned easily with warm water. I suppose you could use everclear or vodka also. I'm thinking that the o-rings that were aesthetically placed within the creases in the aluminum not only keep the tank from leaking, but ensures that the tank can be cleaned with ease. GENIUS! After cleaning, I used an air compressor (or you can let them dry naturally) to dry the CE2 and then reassembled the tank. This was so easy even I could do it.

~Conclusion
For Jonah and his tanks I'm going to have to rate this 10/10 and perfect. Each aspect of my transaction with this supplier from the first PM, down to vaping with his product has been top notch, over the top. This supplier released a batch of "mini tanks" a few nights ago. The only thing holding me back from purchasing a few minis, is that the price is the same whether it's a mini tank, or a regular tank. If i'm gonna spend the money, I may as well get the bigger one. Let's remember that this IS a CE2 tank, so eventually your coils will get burnt & no longer fire. At that point, I plan on rebuilding the wick using stainless steel mesh to replace the wicking and kanthol for the new coil. The tanks are beautiful, and add that "little extra" that my mods needed. Kudos!! for a friendly, intelligent registered supplier that is knocking out top of the line products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread