• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Journey of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schff

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Port Vila, VU
sorry... pai sey... didn't realise short form also cannot indicate.... pai sey pai sey...

No worries, man. Anyway, an ohmmeter is just an ohmmeter - I get a lot of other electrical supplies from them, and so do many of my friends who don't even vape.

You can also find most of their stuff on Amazon, or your local hardware store, actually.

:matrix:

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Wow, i will try go look for it, i really don't wanna risk the chances of killing my batt since i only got 1 now. hahaha

As mentioned, killing a battery is no big deal you can always replace a new one but the worst scenario is the battery exploded and the consequences is bad. I do hope you understand the risk handling coiling and using mech mod

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

18sign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Prison Land
Guys

If i do a 4-5 wraps with my 30 gage kanthal wire, i should be able to get 1.7 - 2.0 ohm for my PT?

BTW, i'm usiing a Ego-T only. So is it ok too?

I was wondering if I'm able to get it without a ohm reader cause i really want to use my PT ASAP. = X

There is actually a online calculator for coiling. You can use it to estimate your ohms. I would say its around 95% accurate base on the reading from my fluke.

calculator/

Last edited:

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
Any hardware store will have a multi-meter, I just saw one at Challenger too...youtube it and you will know how to use it to measure the ohms on the coils that you make. That's the best you can get before an ohm-meter.

Going down to Challenger on Monday, will take a look around for it. Thanks! = D

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
It's always better to test it using a physical multi-meter....online calc will only give you a "guess-timate" ... it's good when I have a ohm in mind and wrap the coil accordingly, but always use a physical tool to test the actual ohms. Be safe always, don't be the first in SG to be reported with a "vap-losion". hehe

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
It's always better to test it using a physical multi-meter....online calc will only give you a "guess-timate" ... it's good when I have a ohm in mind and wrap the coil accordingly, but always use a physical tool to test the actual ohms. Be safe always, don't be the first in SG to be reported with a "vap-losion". hehe

Ya, I don't wanna be on the news for all anything also. = D

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I just did my first rebuild for my PT and it work!!

The feeling I'm having is so AWESOME!! But i still need a ohm reader cause i have no idea of the ohm that my PT is using right now.

hahaha = D

Do you even have any idea how foolish this is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread