• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Journey of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I just did my first rebuild for my PT and it work!!

The feeling I'm having is so AWESOME!! But i still need a ohm reader cause i have no idea of the ohm that my PT is using right now.

hahaha = D

That is awesome! Coiling without checking resistance. Dangerous despite many bros here told you the risk. A single shocks will result in undesirable consequences

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
That is awesome! Coiling without checking resistance. Dangerous despite many bros here told you the risk. A single shocks will result in undesirable consequences

I just did the building part, I did need not test it cause I know the danger of it and I remember what you all told me.

I don't mean that it work as in it vape but as in I finish building the coil and so by myself.

I left it there without using till I get my ohm reader. I did not even try let it vape at all.

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
Ohh my, I think my previous post sound so wrong that you all misunderstand what I said.

I mean it as I successfully build my PT and it work as in the coil sit in and my cotton fix nicely after following the vids that I had watch and learn.

I did not test try it at all cause I remember what you all said and I know the danger of it too.

Hope you all see this and get what I mean. I was just trying the building to learn and not to use it. I will check the ohm all this for my first build and if it a fail I will do again.

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
Ha ha! When you mentioned "it works" we are thinking of you using your first coil build and that is damn dangerous

Good! Get your ohm reader and you will enjoy

I will always read the tread and watch vid plus listen to what you all been teaching me.

It was such a misunderstanding that I felt it kinda funny.

shinb0

Mar 21, 2014
in my own world.
I assume you just assemble everything without checking the connection?

After you get your ohm meter and made sure your resistance is correct, remember to remove the cotton before you dry fire the coil in the coil head to test if your installation is correct. You don't wanna dry burn cotton :p

Also, don't dry fire too long on the PT or you will risk burning your rubber grommet/insulator.

Last edited:

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
I assume you just assemble everything without checking the connection?

After you get your ohm meter and made sure your resistance is correct, remember to remove the cotton before you dry fire the coil in the coil head to test if your installation is correct. You don't wanna dry burn cotton :p

Also, don't dry fire too long on the PT or you will risk burning your rubber grommet/insulator.

Ok, noted and will do so when I get my ohm reader.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
My ohms meter has been in my drawer ever since i use standard coiling..awg 27 6 wrap or awg 28 5 wrap..

Don't be over confidence even if you're using similar coil. Depend on what mod or tanks system you are using. Personal experience, sometimes, the centre post may come into contact with the outer and it created a shock. From there onwards, each new coil on PT or KFL or .... Always use the ohm meter or even a VV /VW to check Ohms level or any shocks and resistance

kteto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
London
Don't be over confidence even if you're using similar coil. Depend on what mod or tanks system you are using. Personal experience, sometimes, the centre post may come into contact with the outer and it created a shock. From there onwards, each new coil on PT or KFL or .... Always use the ohm meter or even a VV /VW to check Ohms level or any shocks and resistance

Tks for the advise..always use my vw mod to check the resistance before i start to fire up on my mech mod..

18sign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Prison Land
The needle is a 20 gage needle.

OOO thats like 0.81mm really small diameter. so ard 1.3ohms base on your 10 wraps. Guess u like warm vapes :p

usually i prefer 1.5 - 1.6ohms gives a nice vape for me. Tried lower but didn't enjoy it as it gives a rather warm vape on my setups when doing lung inhales.

Last edited:

Firevampire

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
l Green Island
OOO thats like 0.81mm really small diameter. so ard 1.3ohms base on your 10 wraps. Guess u like warm vapes :p

usually i prefer 1.5 - 1.6ohms gives a nice vape for me. Tried lower but didn't enjoy it as it gives a rather warm vape on my setups when doing lung inhales.

I did not try yet cause I haven't check the ohm. I like my vape to be more to flavor. Warm or cool for both I'm ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread