Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Hello to all,

This is the place to talk or "chat" about your new 510 that was ordered from GP.

You may type freely, and ask questions, talk about vaping experiences, tips and tricks and give any helpful info on the 510.

I have been vaping my personal 510 out of the box for about 7 total days.
I like it very much, as it produces more vapor than my fav 901. One thing I do not like about the 510 over the 901 is the round filter.
I know that a 901 filter will fit it, but I have been testing the 510 as is.

I am going to try putting a 901 filter on and vaping it for a while to see if it changes my thoughts.

As we all know, the 510 batt perfromance is 2-4 hours vs. the 901 of 3-6 hours. This is not an upset for me, as I always have a batt charging.

I do find that dripping the 510 is a bit different. You can only do about 1-2 drips until you have a leaking problem. I am experienced with dripping from the 901, but the 510 I think has to be dripped or topped off more often. I believe it is due to the carts being packed a little to heavy on the filter insert. I have not replaced with fish filters yet, but will within the next day or two. I will give you an update.

All in all, I am very pleased with the 510. If you are looking for vapor, here it is. You do have to sacrifice a bit for this, but it does perform well.
I don;t have any problems to date with failure.
The 510 will be paired up with my 901 to be my everyday PV.

Thanks,

Rob

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Well I have now been using my 510 with a 901 cart for the last 4 days.

It works alot better, and I like it much more. Possibly more than the 901, but I havn't used a 901 for about 2 weeks, except for a few times.
The 901 cart fits in nicely, just a little tight until you get used to it.
I prefer the flat tip carts instead of the large diameter round 510 carts.
The 901 carts, i feel wick better, so you get more vap time before refilling.

The manual switch is still a little different for me. I can't multitask like I would like to and need to. I sometimes get frustrated when I have to type (like right now) and can;t continue to take a drag. This is probably the biggest con to the manual switch batteries. I do use my laptop about 4-6 hours a day, so this is my main concern.

I will be switching back to the 901 soon, so I can see if I like one or the other more.

Rob

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
Here is my experience:

I ONLY drip and have NEVER had a leaking problem

I ONLY use the 901 filter on it and prefer it that way

I don't have to drip as often as I do with the 901

The ONLY thing I DONT like is that short battery life....

I read somewhere that the 306 atty is compatible with the 510 and it has an exposed atty better for dripping...not sure if this is true for the 510 manual? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread