Joye 510 Manual USB Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
I just received the passthru last thursday and started using it saturday. It was working fine, till last nite i unplug it thinking i was going to sleep. But couldn't sleep so I woke up and started vaping on it again. I Didn't realize the usb wasn't connected till after about an hour later when it didn't work no more. This is the pass thru i'm using Joye 510 Manual USB Passthrough. I even try to reinstall the battery and it still didn't work. Tried restarting my laptop and replug the usb didn't work either. That usb is working for sure, i try using some other device on that usb and it works. I plug the passthru to another usb port on the laptop and still it didn't work. So far I lefted the USB plug on my laptop for about 3 hours, thinking that maybe the battery need to be recharge. Still it's not working. Any advice? I post a thread under litecig, but haven't gotten a reply yet. So wondering if anyone here might be able to help.
Thanks

oh I just got a reply from shawn regarding that issue, he says need to recharge the battery for few hours, but it been 3 hours already but still not working. I hope I didn't kill the battery. It's new just used it for 2.5 days.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Be careful with the straight USB passthroughs. USB ports are designed to supply 500ma max and some won't supply that. Usually the rear ports are able to run a passthrough and the front ones are designed for thumb drives and low power accessories. You might try unplugging the laptop from the wall, shutting it down, remove the laptop battery for 30 seconds, replace it, and then boot the laptop back up. If it's just an overcurrent condition, that might reset the USB ports.

I'd be careful with using a PT on a laptop. A motherboard replacement will cost you more than the laptop. Sometimes the current limiters don't work.

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
I contact the supplier through the litecig forum and email. They reply to me once saying it needs to be charge a couple hours before it work again. But it been awhile and still not working. I reply to his post and send in an email hope I can get an exchange for it. I try restarting my laptop and even try the passthru on my other desktop, nothing worked. :(

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
Thanks, I plug it to a wall adaptor and it works fine now. I use the wall adaptor that I received with my 510 starter kit to charge my 510 batteries. It shows a red light as if the batteries is not fully charged. So i'm guessing my lappy wasn't charging the batteries earlier?
I'm not sure how much volt it has, this the link to the PT i purchase 510 PT. I purchase two of the same PT, one for my boyfriend and the other for me. I'm currently using my boyfriend's PT on my laptop now, and it seems fine. Should I not use it on the laptop. I'm not afraid of breaking the PT, more afraid of ruining my lappy. I"m using the rear usb ports on the lappy, not sure how much ma it supplys, i just know it's a usb 3.0 port. I'm clueless with these things. Do you think it's ok to use the PT with the lappy?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Computer USB ports don't put out consistent power like a wall socket does. Once it gets fully charged you should be able to plug it into a USB port again. Your PT is 3.7V and it's the exact same one that I used before I got my 5V PT and then moved up to mods. I still have it and it still works great! Maybe it's time for me to PIF it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread