Joye 510 Mega atty/Batt - good/bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girlfriday

Feb 26, 2010
Orlando, Fl
I ordered three 510 mega atomizers and 15 mega carts last night. This morning, I recieved an email saying that they were out of stock on the mega carts and I would be sent regular carts instead. Question is.....will the regular carts work with the mega atomizers? From everything I've read so far, the answer is no! Has anyone actually used the regular carts with the mega atomizers? I think I may just have been screwed!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
You could get the carts from Totally Wicked. They show them in stock.

Refillable Electronic Cigarette Cartridges -510 Titan Black

I ordered three 510 mega atomizers and 15 mega carts last night. This morning, I recieved an email saying that they were out of stock on the mega carts and I would be sent regular carts instead. Question is.....will the regular carts work with the mega atomizers? From everything I've read so far, the answer is no! Has anyone actually used the regular carts with the mega atomizers? I think I may just have been screwed!

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

I may be a few days late here... but the regular carts will not function properly and If it were me.. I would contact the company and request my money back. If they cannot provide you with what you ordered, then they should have made contact rather than just throwing an order together to just make money off of you.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I received my latest order from Heaven-gifts on Monday containing 10 510 Mega attys and 20 Mega carts. I've been using one on my Bart since Monday afternoon and so far I'm liking it. Would I buy them again? Probably not. Here's why:

I wanted to try these since they're fairly new, but even though they hold a little more juice and wick fine with kristin's PTB straw mod, I find it really hard to justify the $5 price difference between these and the standard 510 attys. When I say they "hold a little more juice", I mean just that. On average I can get maybe 5-6 additional drops in the Mega carts. I've also noticed that they seem to leak more often when I carry my Bart in an upright position - like a belt holster.

Bottom line: I can't recommend them (unless the price comes down... a LOT).

Gilliz

Jan 12, 2010
Midwest
( the search feature here is not my friend, so sorry if already discussed)

Was looking on Heavens Gift site and was wondering if there are any reviews here on the mega attys and batts and how well they work.
I'm having enough issues with the regular 510 attys and don't need mega issues with a mega atty.
Any positive reviews or point me to a thread already in progress?

thanks

Other than capacity, there is no difference.

I understand that the mega-cart (as designed) requires the longer atty, but IMO there's no good (for us) reason for this. They could have just left the part of the cart that enters the (standard) atty the same and lengthened the other end of the reservoir - resulting in a longer cart when installed in the atty.

This has been an exact thought of mine as well.
Would their profit margin be increased more by the sale of XL atty's or XL carts (that would fit reg atty's). Based on what is currently produced, they think atty's. I think it could go either way for the fact that an XL cart would probably be sold cheaper than an XL atty, resulting in more people purchasing them.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Any manufacture can make carts for the 510. Why hasn't any manufacture made large carts for small attys? If anyone thinks they can successfully make a large cart work with a small atty, then why aren't they doing it?

I challenge anyone that thinks they can successfully make a large cart work with a small atty to do so. If it works you can make a boat load of money.

M-series - regular atty - mega cart

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been' using the same 510 mega atty for 4 months now and it is still working very well. I haven't used a short 510 atty since I got the mega. It works very well on the Ego 650mah battery and any juice feed issues are solved by using the blue foam dart and standing the Ego on its battery between vapes. You can stand a 510 in a shot glass and gravity will help feed the juice.

I also have the Ego Mega Cone atty and it hasn't been what I expected. A full cart starts tasting dry and hot after a few vapes. It doesn't seem to matter what filler is in the cart, it just has juice feeding problems. On the up side, the Ego Mega atty produces great vapor and taste, better than my 510s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread