joye ego cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

convict3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
La Porte, Texas, United States
i got my order from libraty flights last week with 10 joye 510 cartomizers and a joye ego kit. i toasted the first 2 because i didn t know how to fill them( need a needle). after finding a place to get them in texas with out a prescription. i watched a youtube vid on filling them and for the first 10 puffs it was better then my 6v chuck.

well now its tasting burnt.

the way i vape,
on a new carto i fill with 1.2ml of tasty vapor 60/40 pg/vg(all it will hold before it leaks). wait 30 minutes and try to get .2 ml in( leaks out). clean the connector and vape on good drag every 1 to 2 minutes.

the problem is after about 15 puffs the carto tastes burnt/dry so i try to add more juice but only about .1 ml will fit before it leaks out the connector end.

is any one having this problem.

is any one using lr cartos on a ego? where did u get them

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I too can find them a little slow to wick after a while. I usually have (at least) 2 pv's with me at a time and alternate every couple of drags, giving them time to catch up. I do vape fast though.

I can usually get about 1ml into the Joye 510's. And I usually fill them in three hits, waiting about 30 seconds between each one, raising the needle higher each time. If you have a good light you can look inside them as you fill, next to the filler tank is the air chamber and it should be dry at the bottom. As soon as it starts to glisten stop filling. BTW if you do overfill a little you can draw back on your needle and suck some juice out of the tank (just a little is needed), also by putting your (blunt) needle down the air chamber you can retrieve any juice lurking down there as well. Put your caps back on BEFORE blowing any excess out through the battery end. Wipe its bum and its good to go.

The eGo cartomizers which fill the same way have the same problem to a lesser degree. I quite like them even though they are a bit airy to draw on. I'm flat out getting 1.6ml in them.

One thing I did find with both of them, if you use a blunt needle it tends to squish the filler down when you re-fill them. After that they are never quite as good. I went to a Vet and got some size 20gauge sharps for 20cents each (just the needles, not the plunger too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread