joye ego xxl 1000mah mega battery & which ohm's clearomizer/cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I am a bit confused with proper Ohm's cartomizers & this specific battery I am going to purchase.

which is better higher or lower ohms (
1.0,2.0,3.0) clearomizer/cartomizers?, On the joye ego xxl 1000mah mega battery.
Below is links to what I am going to purchase, Do I have a right setup?

510 CE2 Clearomizer XL - 3.0Ω/ohm
Joye eGo XXL 1000mAh Mega Battery - Stainless

If you have this exact battery what is your setup? :) and what works best for you!?:blush:
Thanks in advance!

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
i do have that exact battery, and from what ive read i purchased the lower resistance atomizers, i also have Ce2Xl cartomizers, and some other random cartomizsers. the low res. atty produces more vapor.
less resistance = higher heat.

some say youre atty will burn up faster than a higher resistance one. i think it depends on how heavy a user you are.
the other cartos ive tried recently are 3.0 ohm range. the low resistance atty for eGo allows more power to flow to atomizer resulting in a heavier vape.

hope that helps. theres tons of info on these forums on this topic.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I used low resistance (LR) supplies successfully on my eGo PT until I read here (by a respected contributor with nearly 10,000 posts) that using LR supplies on an eGo/Riva battery can cause it to blow up or other catastrophic failure. I don't recommend eGos/Rivas anymore as a main PV. The hit is not nearly as nice with regular resistance supplies on it. My Fat Batt class PVs are KGOs. They can handle the stress of LR without worry/warnings. They look about the same. Major difference in performance.

MizzKitty

Dec 31, 2011
Indiana
Hi, EDITED AFTER I POSTED THIS ; DAMN I TYPED A BOOK!@! lol

I have also heard that using LR atomizers will result in such things as degraded power on your ego over time and other such claims and I am not here to argue but I want to say I have had an EgO for well over a year and used it heavily and used it heavily. I am talking I got to the point where I was vaping nearly 5mls of juice a day and to me that is a lot but maybe not to others. I started out using standard atomizers for awhile and then I was hearing all the rave about how much better and how much more vapor a LR atomizer would put out and as people were saying "Turn your Ego into a 5v mod!" I have never used a mod or anything but ego's / riva's all 3.7 volt devices. So I ended up buying a 5 pack of LR atomizers and WOW they were different indeed and I instantly thought I was NEVER going back to standard atomizers. Then the atomizers started dying and I was hearing that dreadfull POP which means you just killed your atomizer. And to my dismay all 5 of my LR atomizers were dead in 2 weeks or less!!! So I was going to give up but I couldnt stand the thought of going back to standard atomizers. So thats when I started doing research and I read in more than TEN different places that if your LR atomizers are GENERIC "NOT NAME BRAND" then you are throwing money in the trash basically. So I decided to give it another go around but this time I was going to make sure I bought me a real atomizer. So I knew my EgO was not a knock off brand like a lot of sites will try to sell you and now days more than ever. So My Ego had the Ego logo on it and when I got it it came in a box that said JoyeTech and it the battery was a 900 mAH big battery as well and also had JoyeTech imprinted on Cone. Now I have not seen any Ego's like this since then but I do know when its an authentic EgO battery or when its a knock off. So anyways I ordered a authentic Joyetech atomizer LR it was 1.5 ohms and I opened it up and blew out all the primer I could and began breaking it in. So like I said before I thought that first LR atomizer I got was awesome , well this one was double awesome exp after it was broken in. And then I began to hear more and more talk about how the LR atomizers will shorten the life on you battery and how the LR atomizers will not last as long and so on. Well let me tell you that atomizer lasted me 3 months and the only type of cleaning I did to it was run some hot water through it and blow it out "FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ONLY" and I used a drip tip so I would have more power behind my air. Sometimes I would soak it in hot water for maybe an hour or less but never longer. Never over night or anything like that. After I blew all the water out I would drip 100% VG in it and let it set a bit and then blow that out and then just put on my drip tip and drip a few drops and start vaping on it and work out all the VG and left over water and within 10 mins max it would be back to working just like new. So like I said it lasted me 3 months and to me that was the best $14.00 I had spent on an atomizer. I know that sounds very high priced and it is but I wanted the real deal and first site I found that had it I bought it. I did shop around but not for long, I just bout the one that was a real Joyetech brand atomizer and was Low Resistance. I never noticed any degradation of my battery life EVER. And that lil atomizer worked awesome the whole time I had it but I did start to see some degradation in the atomizer after around 2 months. So to sum it up here is what I think has to be done if you want to use a LR atomizer on a 3.7volt device.

1. Make sure you have a good battery. Absolutely NO KNOCKOFFS!!!
2. I think the battery should be at least 900 mAh or higher.
3. The atomizer itself has to be an AUTHENTIC Joyetech atomizer if you are going to use LR atomizers
4. I would never clean your atomizer with anything but hot water and only blow it out from Top to bottom.
5. NEVER NEVER NEVER Dry burn your atomizer (where you see it glowing red)
6. Always keep the connection on the battery clean using a Cotton Swab before charging and before screwing on atomizer
7. Never soak you atomizer in anything over night ( I have been stupid and soaked atomizers in rubbing alcohol and it tore them up and made them have a green moldy look on the threads and the atomizers would no longer screw into the battery and if they did they were loose and just did not fit right........Yeah I have did stupid things like that and I did the clean it with toothpaste ideal too......""Shaking my head....
8. Don't Debridge a perfectly good atomizer.
9. Don't believe everything people say.
10. If you are going to use a 3.7volt device, I personally would stick with a Ego so you can use the name brand Joyetech atomizers. Think about how long Joyetech has been around. They are a Staple in the Vaping world!!!
11. Buy your atomizers and batteries from a reliable source and pay the extra few bucks for authentic equipment. As the old saying goes "You get what you Pay for"

***NOTE*** Authentic LR Joye Atomizers are Expensive but I have found what I think is the best deal ever on them but the only catch is you have to buy them in bulk. Packs of 10, and I lie to you not that a 10 pack of these will last me nearly a entire YEAR!!! And you can purchase these for $50.00 and that is with shipping included!!! And I am in no way trying to promote or affiliated with this website. I am just sharing the wealth of knowledge which probably most people on ECF already know that I am speaking of VaporKings dot Com. I wish I lived .....dang I forget where it is off the top of my head but the owner of VaporKings owns his own store and I love the sign on the door of the store that I have only seen pictures of that says "NO SMOKING" "BUT VAPE ALL YOU LIKE" :)

I also want to state that I am in know way saying anything bad about the KGO, I have recently been watching you tube videos about it and showing that it is puting out 3.8 to 3.9 volts under load which is very impressive. Only think I don't like about the KGO is the look and and the fact that it looks just like a Riva. And I have owned a Riva and it works great for a smallery 650 mAh battery, but I just dont like the button on it and the fact it has no safety turn off where you can push the ugly lil button 3 or 4 times in a row to turn it off. I think that was one of the smartest changes eGo has made to there batterys in a long time. But I am honestly thinking of buying a KGO when I get some more cash but damn that lil ugly button!!!! LoL

Thanks for Reading,

Mandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread