Joye510 Passthru Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I doubt it's the batt. I would bet it's the tiny wire. I had one with an inline batt and it crapped out on me within 3 weeks.

But to answer your question, I can't. I have no idea.

I bet you're right. I'm not having very GL w/passthrus. This is my second one that AGAIN does not work for more than a month. Thanks for the reply.:)

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
they did not carry them at the one near me.. i bought a 4 pack on ebay for under $6..

decided to make a mod with parts from my passthrough and its a lot better..

I was out running around today, and I just happened to see a battery store. No foolin -- sold just batteries. I went in there, and the owner said he does not carry them, as they come from China. He also said that several e-cig users had come in to see if he carried them. San Diego County has over 3 million people in it. You would seem to think someone here would carry them wouldn't you? Thanks for the eBay tip, and thanks for the reply. :)

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Ah yes, the pass through problems. I have gone through two so far, and decided to try a different type. I recently purchased a direct pass through (without a battery box) and the chord looks thicker. I think the tiny wires are what keep breaking. I should receive the Direct Pass through tomorrow, Ill let you know how it goes.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
If you are looking to get another one. I have had some good use out of a 5V PT. The cord is thicker. The one I have still has the light on the bottom, so it helps you know if it's working properly. Funny thing is, it won't let you use a lr atty. Simply will not work, the light just blinks.

This is what i bought... I have the green one.
Accessories

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
when you get your next passthrough.. go to the store and pick up a tube of silicone.. and put a bit of it in all the areas that the wire connects to the wires eventually wiggle enough that they break.. the 5 v one that i had in my car shorted on me the wire started getting hot i pulled it out of the usb port before the wire melted..

i had the same problem with wanting to see if my battery was dead.. but while waiting for my battery to come in the mail is when my car one fried so i made a mod with parts from it.. and it was a lot more convenient than the passthrough i never got around to testing to see if it was just a weak battery problem

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
I have been vaping off my passthrough for the past two weeks, as I sit at the computer. I must say I quite love it. It has no battery box and the cord is thick. It has held up well, the vapes are really big. I measured it at 4.5v.

I would be interested in others' impressions of it. As an inducement, the first five humans who pm me their address I will send one of these passthroughs, gratis.

You will however need to correctly identify the tenth reason why Vaping > Smoking. (Hint: website) :ohmy:

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Since I've already gone through 2 passthroughs, I think I'm going to hold out for a heavy duty one. I expect to pay plenty, but I really want this to work out this time. Hopefully a higher-dollar one will have a warranty with it.:confused:

K, I am vaping on my new 510 direct passthrough right now, and holy S#*T!!! Its amazing. Insane clouds, and feels SOO much sturdier than the previous ones I have purchased. I love it. I am going to buy a few more just in case. And.. For $15 I am on could nine. I got mine at Electro-Nic-Stix the best electronic cigarette in the usa. Jason is great :)

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Well, I found what I was looking for, thanks to Burto1945 from a different thread. It's not a 510 though. It's an eGo charger -- wait, hear me out 510 users.

It has a 6-month warranty w/a 5 foot cord. What you get is an eGo battery (new tech) AND the charger also. You unscrew the tip of the battery and plug the USB into the the tip (new tech). You vape the eGo while it recharges. When it's charged, you can unplug and vape the eGo w/o the passthru if you want. The price is $29.95. Sounds so strange I had to go to uTube to see it work. Just type in "eGo Passthrough," and you'll get the review on uTube. It's brand new tech that allows anyone to step up to an eGo and use a passthru at the same time. These new batts are new to the market.

Janty USA - eGo USB BATTERY MANUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread