Joyetech AIO and the Cubis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
Simple question for those that have used both. I've tried the Cubis with all three coils that it came with and was underwhelmed with flavor and vapor. I used my ADED juice which is 50/50 with the tank ontop of my RDNA40 set at 18w and I only got a hint of flavor and the taste of hot metal. Tried using each coil for several days with no improvement. I got an AIO at the same time for an out and about beater and it has been fantastic. Rich warm vapor with no dry hits no hot metal funk. Arent these the same basic coils as the Cubis, just .1 ohm difference?

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Yes, they use the same coils.

I had an underwhelming flavour experience (metal/plastic taste included with the AIO.

Then I got the cubis and managed to ruin the three coils that came with it, 1.0 gave me the foulest burnt taste I had ever tasted. .5 was good, for 12 hours, then tasted burnt, 1.5 lasted 3 vapes.

All were properly installed, pre-dripped them with 5 drops of liquid then screwed in for a couple of more minutes.

I'm now selling the cubis. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Joyetech coils (eGrip, AIO, Cubis). I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong. But on my Cleito, I've used the same coil for 6 weeks without the slightest problem (bought the Cubis looking to downgrade the excessive airflow on the Cleito).

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Always pop out the centre metal chimneys inside the coils. Your experiences will be much better. Design flaw in my opinion. Anyone with a metal chimney gives burnt hits to no end. Improves air flow and allows more juice into the coil. As for Cubis, I took a eGo One mega and a Cubis and put in same ohm coil, same wire and wick, filled them with very same juice and let the wife vape both on her VTC and she would not believe me it was the very same juice. The Cubis extremely mutes the flavor. To bad because it is a good idea for a tank. Both my Cubis sit in my collection now. AIO I use for stealth vape but I take out metal chimneys in the coils. CHEERS!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
All were properly installed, pre-dripped them with 5 drops of liquid then screwed in for a couple of more minutes.

Take out metal chimney in coils. .5 is the only one without the chimney piece. You drop juice in the metal cap it just runs to the bottom through the inside of the coil and does nothing to the wick. I did a test and put juice in the top and then took out chimney cap and wick was bone dry still. Coils are extremely easy to rebuild your self and they are lots better. Next experiment I am going to dremel out the juice holes bigger. Hope this helps. CHEERS

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Can you expand on that chimmney trick? I didnt quite understood it.

About Cubis, it is a perfect tank, with bad coils.
Look in the top of the coils and all but the .5 have a cap with a rubber ring on it. Take a little screw driver and stick it in the coil hole and give it a pop and top cap will go flying. Do not put the screw driver in very far and disturb the coil and wick. Throw the coil top cap in the garbage if you can find it after it goes flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread