Joyetech Delta II appears to use fiberglass/ceramic paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I'm taking issue with joyetech now too as in the faq's on their site under ego one it states 100% organic cotton was used. That's fine but when I ripped the head apart it had the same crumbly fiber that was found in the delta 2. Obviously they did use 100% organic cotton, but I don't think that that is ALL they used in these heads.

Serendipitous! I'd just screenshot'd that FAQ page after going through looking for the Delta 2 version, and was going to suggest someone with a Joyetech eGo One check out their coils to see if this was just the Delta 2. Thanks mate, and since you're Canadian, and hence inherently trustworthy, I don't even need to see photos! Though photos are always appreciated.

joyetech-one-feb-12xcf.png

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
QUOTE......Serendipitous! I'd just screenshot'd that FAQ page after going through looking for the Delta 2 version, and was going to suggest someone with a Joyetech eGo One check out their coils to see if this was just the Delta 2. Thanks mate, and since you're Canadian, and hence inherently trustworthy, I don't even need to see photos! Though photos are always appreciated.....QUOTE....

Yeah, don't just take my word for, it was a couple days ago and I am pretty old(if you know what I mean)
wouldn't want folks going off half cocked on these. I'll wait for more confirmation myself.

EDIT...I've pm'd UncleChuck, he has ripped a few apart and done a rebuild pictorial on them in the ego one thread. It does not appear to be there in his pics. Back to your original programming. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks all. Cheers.
My bad. Will update or start a new thread.

Last edited:

NeuReleases

Verified Member
Dec 10, 2014
Fairfield, CT
Yeah something is up here. I have a delta 2 and the first thing I did was rip apart one of the replaceable heads to double check and it was just a roll of cotton. I pulled it apart and compared it to the already broken down Atlantis head and they were nothing alike. Where the Atlantis fibers turned to a dusty residue in my fingers the delta 2 had to be pulled on (just like cotton) to take it apart. I don't really get it? It's no big deal to me since I got this thing mainly for the rebuild able head but its just strange that they would take the time to use cotton in some heads but not in others. I have seen a few other breakdowns as well and they looked the same as mine. It's almost like they were pulling from 2 different stockpiles or something.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Hey mates,

Sooooo as mentioned it turns out pbusardo had posted some tests that Joyetech had sent over, and then was asked to remove them. Specifically, "I’ve been asked to pull the test results down until my American contact with Joyetech can get their facts together and..." He removed the files from the HTML on the below page, but not the files from the server. Directory indexing in apache hasn't been disabled on his server, sooooo if you point your browser here it lists all the files:

Index of /wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02

So, I guess I'll leave these here. If they go down I can put them elsewhere, and they probably will because I'm telling him how to change his server config at the end. I'd suggest you grab your own copy. The relevant links appear to be:

Fabric-1.jpg

Fabric-2.jpg

Fabric-3.jpg

Fabric-4.jpg

Fabric-5.jpg

Fabric-6.jpg

Cotton-2.pdf

Cotton-1.pdf

I've not had much time to really go through them, but what I keyed in on:

1. "Non-Woven Wick for E-Cigarette" There are generally a few non-woven fabrics out there: polypropylene, polyester, rayon, ceramic/fibreglass paper.

2. It's attacked by NAOH (sodium hydroxide, or lye). Doesn't mean much, except NOAH doesn't mix well with ceramics and polypropylene is often used as a container for mixing it.

3. A few things seem off, like the ignition temps, but pbusardo said a "high temperature cotton" was one of the two materials used. Going by known ignition temps, its around cellulose? I dunno, it's already past 3am.

4. In the Conclusion/Remark section of (Cotton-2.pdf), it includes: "The limits were quoted according to U.S. FDA Compliancy Policy Guide Part 7117.06(2005) and 7117.07(2005) on ceramic ware." Welp, for that little square (Cotton-2.pdf) it's being treated as a ceramic, so like, you know...

pbusardo: Hey mate! For the future, you can change this via an .htaccess file if your server allows .htaccess overrides, or add "Options -Indexes" to the apache config. Not a huge deal, but you maybe don't want everyone crawling everything you're working on.

I'm sure Joyetech won't get annoyed with you about this, because it'd make them look silly considering they're asking their users to inhale this stuff while their PR team figures out the most palatable way to present it and/or "gets their facts straight."

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Please link this old man to the SCIENTIFIC STUDIES of the proclaimed issues with the Aspire Wicks and now the Assumed following by Joyetech. Not studies of the possibility of Ceramic Dust damage to lungs, Studies of Atomizer Failures.

I Get enough Propaganda and fear mongering from the ANTZ

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Please link this old man to the SCIENTIFIC STUDIES of the proclaimed issues with the Aspire Wicks and now the Assumed following by Joyetech. Not studies of the possibility of Ceramic Dust damage to lungs, Studies of Atomizer Failures.

I Get enough Propaganda and fear mongering from the ANTZ

Would you like scientific studies for what would happen if you put large amounts of arsenic in eliquid too? Or maybe a wick made of asbestos fibers? How about if you had a dripper made out of lead... after all, we know all about lead poisoning and the damage it does, but it's never been shown to be harmful in an ecig! There's no actual scientific studies for drawing 20amps on a 10amp battery in an ecig. I mean sure, we know a lot about electricity, but none of the studies had ecig in their name so until someone does, so stop being a chicken little?

Are you able to see how broken the argument you're pushing is, while you're calling people fear-mongers and propagandists? :) The science is there with this stuff, and if a company decides to ship a lead atomizer, asbestos wick, or fibreglass/ceramic paper wick where there's every reason to believe it'd cause issues -- like with ceramic/fibreglass paper -- the onus is on the manufacturer saying it's OK to prove how it's different with their product, not to lie about what's in it and expect their customers to suck it up until someone comes along andproves it again in an ecig.

If the argument you're pushing sounds familiar, it's probably because it's the same arguments tobacco companies used whenever research on the harm their products caused was brought up. "Well yes, it showed xyz, but our cigarettes now use a filter so none of that science matters." I remember the apologists for Big Tobacco, too. It's sad to somehow become what you hate.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Would you like scientific studies for what would happen if you put large amounts of arsenic in eliquid too? Or maybe a wick made of asbestos fibers? How about if you had a dripper made out of lead... after all, we know all about lead poisoning and the damage it does, but it's never been shown to be harmful in an ecig! There's no actual scientific studies for drawing 20amps on a 10amp battery in an ecig. I mean sure, we know a lot about electricity, but none of the studies had ecig in their name so until someone does, so stop being a chicken little?

Are you able to see how broken the argument you're pushing is, while you're calling people fear-mongers and propagandists? :) The science is there with this stuff, and if a company decides to ship a lead atomizer, asbestos wick, or fibreglass/ceramic paper wick where there's every reason to believe it'd cause issues, like with ceramic/fibreglass paper, the onus is on the manufacturer saying it's OK to prove how it's different with their product, not to lie about what's in it and expect their customers to suck it up until someone comes along andproves it again in an ecig.

If the argument you're pushing sounds familiar, it's probably because it's the same arguments tobacco companies used whenever research on the harm their products was brought up. "Well yes, it showed xyz, but our cigarettes now use a filter so none of that science matters." I remember the apologists for Big Tobacco, too. It's sad to somehow become what you hate.

Why bring me into this??? I'm really not a bad guy.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
This thread has be re-using my subtank exclusively and putting my Atlantis to the side. I just got a new 5 pack of coils too. Dang.

I'm happy I didn't pull the trigger on the Delta II. I'm curious to see what eLeaf's MELO will offer. They are saying it offers 100% cotton and retail is $30, but I've seen pre-orders for $20 for the tank.

https://www.eleafus.com/melo-atomizer.html

Looks very, very similar to the Atlantis, even down to the coil design. My only concern is the airflow. Even though the coil looks wide open like the Atlantis, I had the "3" hole airflow design of the tank versus an open slit like the Atlantis and Subtank Mini. I actually dremeled my Subtank Original to make it a wide open air slit.

EDIT: I retract my statement on airflow. The website claims there is 6 inlet holes total, 3 on each side 180 degrees apart from eachother.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Are you able to see how broken the argument you're pushing is, while you're calling people fear-mongers and propagandists? :) The science is there with this stuff, and if a company decides to ship a lead atomizer, asbestos wick, or fibreglass/ceramic paper wick where there's every reason to believe it'd cause issues -- like with ceramic/fibreglass paper -- the onus is on the manufacturer saying it's OK to prove how it's different with their product, not to lie about what's in it and expect their customers to suck it up until someone comes along andproves it again in an ecig.

If the argument you're pushing sounds familiar, it's probably because it's the same arguments tobacco companies used whenever research on the harm their products caused was brought up. "Well yes, it showed xyz, but our cigarettes now use a filter so none of that science matters." I remember the apologists for Big Tobacco, too. It's sad to somehow become what you hate.

You sound like you believe everything you say................. and yet, you still Vape :facepalm:

I did not call anyone anything - except the ANTZ

PBusardo said he had Questions in to Joyetech for clarification and you decided their wicks are likely Ceramic.
You have seen people PICK wicks apart and Assume they are crumbling.

I'll will play devils advocate if it Turns Rumor and assumption into truth, no matter what the outcome. I have no investment in this game beyond - finding FACT where facts should rule.

Your Arsenic Argument is off base and Broad Net Casting. i.e. Nicotine is a Bug Pesticide, and yet....You still Vape :facepalm:

Edit: Listen to PBusardo from 42:30 - 43:05. Then com back and let me know if you have decided to Throw him under the Bus also.

Last edited:

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Ok I'll look into the mini. I just didn't want it to look dwarfed on my box lol. All I really care about is a thick warm vape with no dry hits lol.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

You will love the Subtank Mini. And it does not look small on a box mod at all. The RBA or the OCC prebuilt heads work excellent. They are 100% Japanese cotton.

I have the Delta II also, it is sitting here barely used due to these questionable coil heads. I will have the rebuildable head in a couple of days. The other thing about the Delta is the damn whistling!!! That is just poor design.

Texasbox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Dallas,Tx
You will love the Subtank Mini. And it does not look small on a box mod at all. The RBA or the OCC prebuilt heads work excellent. They are 100% Japanese cotton.

I have the Delta II also, it is sitting here barely used due to these questionable coil heads. I will have the rebuildable head in a couple of days. The other thing about the Delta is the damn whistling!!! That is just poor design.
I really appreciate your experienced advice bud. I'll get the mini next time I get a chance.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread