• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Joyetech eCab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I suppose the only benefit to this unit is the ability to change the batteries, instead of replacing the whole battery?

How has the battery life been so far?

Would you recommend it to someone who is already invested in an ego-c and looking to add to their collection?

I am curious to see the 'real life' size of it, outside of the promo photos.

Thanks for the review Minefield :)

It's a bit large to post inline but here's a size comparison photo I took. From left to right: An 808 slim, the eCab, eGo-C Twist, and ProVari.

Would I recommend it to someone who already has an eGo-C? Probably not. The C has better flavour, though for me anyway it also had wickng issues that the eCab doesn't. If you use particularly bold flavours and either higher nic content or don't mind a significantly diminished throat hit, then maybe.

Battery life is about what I expected out of a 360mAh battery: About 3.5-4 hours at my pace.

Again, these are just first impressions. Once I've used it for a few days I'll do my proper video review.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Well if you don't mind a bit fatter mod Vapor Geek also has the Joytech tube mod . The controller at this link Joyetech eGo-T 2 Upgrade Battery MOD Control Unit

I have seen that tube mod a few times. I don't see a lot of talk about it, although, I haven't looked that hard.
I'm surprised it didn't catch on better with the ego users who are considering a mod and want to experience a bigger battery. I am actually debating on one. I like the multitude of coloured tubes and they are inexpensive to switch up.

Eventually, all my egos will die and I want to begin replacing them with units similar to the tube mod and eCab with rechargeable/removable batteries. I wonder when the plain ol' ego will be a removable battery unit?

It's a bit large to post inline but here's a size comparison photo I took. From left to right: An 808 slim, the eCab, eGo-C Twist, and ProVari.

Thanks for that shot! Perfect! So it seems to be exactly between an ego and 808 in size. Oh the ProVari....I want to reach out to one, I just don't think I'm worthy yet. lol

I don't have a diminished flavour with the c either, I find it pretty good, as long as the atty holds up to my vg.

Until the review....I'll watch for it. :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks for that shot! Perfect! So it seems to be exactly between an ego and 808 in size. Oh the ProVari....I want to reach out to one, I just don't think I'm worthy yet. lol

I don't have a diminished flavour with the c either, I find it pretty good, as long as the atty holds up to my vg.

Until the review....I'll watch for it. :)

Yep, it's pretty much exactly between a slim and an eGo, though in the hand it really feels closer to an 808. It's obviously a little heavier than one but it's not the least bit bulky or uncomfortable -- actually I find it has a very nice feel despite being a matte rather than rubberized finish. And of course it looks really nice and comes with some nice extras. I have to admit, it's a really well put-together package. It does suffer a bit from the Hot Dog and Buns Conundrum: 3 empty tanks but only two atty heads. :)

My only real complaint about it is that it's a blackboxed system. The proprietary connector means that if it doesn't "do it" for you out of the box, there's bugger all you can do to make it work because there's nothing else you can hook up to it -- not without some good old-fashioned jury rigging anyway. It already comes with the LR heads, so it's as good as it's going to get. But then I think this kit is really intended for newbies both unto itself and as a gateway to the larger eGo-C anyway, so that's probably not a concern that demographic is going to consider anyway. I'm thinking that maybe this is also trying to be either a replacement for, or at least a companion to the 510-T. In that regard I do think it's superior, if a little beefier.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the info Mindfield, personally I hope the proprietary connector crashes and burns. Looks like you've gotta MacGyver that thing up in a video. :)

It's Joyetech. They don't seem to give up on questionable ideas. Or even ideas that are good on paper but don't execute well -- they're still on this damn tank system that still doesn't work as well as cartos, and it has seen no significant improvement since its inception because the basic design hasn't changed a hair. (To be clear, the eGo-C isn't really a material change in design; they just made the atomizer smaller and connect differently. The actual design of the coil and wicks hasn't changed.)

If an adapter turns up for it, or if Joyetech themselves maybe release a little cone adapter to allow the user of 510 cartos, then that would be cool. Until then, it's a bit of an orphan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread