Joyetech Egrip II Replacement Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
The lost vape Thelema Solo is nice but both of the ones I bought have a little movement in the battery cover. I also have the dna version and it’s great with no movement.
Oh yeah..I just went to their website and saw how the cover is...no likey.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Virtually everyone says that. But once you use it for a few hours, you realize it wasn't a problem. And why would a silicone sleeve be a problem with magnetic doors? I use leather and silicone covers with magnetic doors all of the time.

Yes sourcemore is very valid. No taxes on their end.
You would think but the way my hands and thumbs especially are locking up anymore I'm sure it would be a deal breaker for me. I actually have made a side button mod years ago and quickly abandoned that idea. But yeah..some may like it.

Dont you have to remove the sleeve every time you change the battery to charge it?

OK..good news on Sourcemore...thanks guys.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
You would think but the way my hands and thumbs especially are locking up anymore I'm sure it would be a deal breaker for me.

Glue something thick on the fire button or make another button to make it thicker (the button is easy to take out by unscrewing a ring) and palm fire it. ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Another one I’ve had in rotation for a while is the Innokin Kroma 217. It has a fire bar instead of a button.

The 18650 version is great too, for those who prefer a bit smaller and lighter.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Glue something thick on the fire button or make another button to make it thicker (the button is easy to take out by unscrewing a ring) and palm fire it. ;)
If you have a sleeve over it, why do you need the door? Just toss the door.

:lol: No and nope.

I have two mods I'm considering in this order of probability....

Geekvape Obelisk 120 FC

Vaporesso Gen NANO 80W

Both have built in batteries which I know most frown upon but then again I've been using them since 2016 with no issues until now. I am favoring the 120.

I have read the reviews a couple of you guys made of the 120. Any other thoughts on these two mods?

What about Elementvape...good..bad..who knows?

Sorry..I disappear often...I sit around bored out of my mind then when I start something everything happens to me at one time. Been dealing with my 86yo mom that lives alone atm. But I am still paying attention here and appreciate it guys.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
If you’re considering built in battery mods then take a look at the istick i80. It’s a simple mod like ones from the old days and has a 3000mah battery.
Good one hittman...that may work better than the Gen NANO...thanks.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a Geekvape Obelisk 120 and a fast charger for it. I had the i80 in the cart too but OMG...a $130 bill shot up to $180 with fees and taxes so I deleted it to keep costs down. I had to look to see if the mod ran on plutonium or something...which I could probably order easier and cheaper! Even with the free shipping there was a fee for adult signature...route shipping protection (is the mob involved here?)...state excise tax and of course state tax. Another $8 if I went with paying shipping instead of free for 3-8 days instead of 6-12 days. I'm not sure how 8 buck makes shipping faster when the same shipping process is used for both. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant...getting old and intolerable of the way things are going anymore. SMH

I'll let you know whenever I receive the mod if I screwed up or not. :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
(is the mob involved here?)

Indeed. ;):oops:

Congrats on your decision! I'm sure it will be GREAT. :headbang:

1670085555382.png

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a Geekvape Obelisk 120 and a fast charger for it. I had the i80 in the cart too but OMG...a $130 bill shot up to $180 with fees and taxes so I deleted it to keep costs down. I had to look to see if the mod ran on plutonium or something...which I could probably order easier and cheaper! Even with the free shipping there was a fee for adult signature...route shipping protection (is the mob involved here?)...state excise tax and of course state tax. Another $8 if I went with paying shipping instead of free for 3-8 days instead of 6-12 days. I'm not sure how 8 buck makes shipping faster when the same shipping process is used for both. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant...getting old and intolerable of the way things are going anymore. SMH

I'll let you know whenever I receive the mod if I screwed up or not. :lol:
    Where did you order from? The Obelisk 120 is a nice mod. I have one and used it for a long time.

nicotime

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2009
    Montoursville, PA
    I really don’t order anything from inside the US anymore. It’s either China or the UK.
    Why is that if I may ask? Is it actually easier or cheaper to get than in the US? Like I said I havent bought anything since 2016 before all the BS laws came about.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Since the PACT Act went into effect (IIRC March 2021???) I've refused to purchase any vape gear in the USA. The gear I've purchased since has mostly come from Europe.

Under the PACT Act US based vape stores (online and local) are required to collect and store your personal information and purchase history.

Per the details in the PACT Act they are required to report your personal info plus all info on items you purchase to the ATF and your state Attorney General. The ATF??? What da ferk???

That info is not being collected and shared with our gov by foreign online vape stores. For me, the cost of doing business with USA vape stores isn't worth it.

Our government took things a step way too far with PACT Act.

When I buy a wash machine, a gallon of milk or a screwdriver that data does not get reported to our gov or the ATF.

People can go buy a bag of w-e-e-d and all the gear they need from legal dispensaries and experience none of the hassles of the PACT Act. Go figure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread