Joyetech eRoll vs Joyetech ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluCigs

Moved On
Jun 3, 2012
E-Cowboy
Just learned about an eRoll minutes ago and have always wanted an eGo. But now that there is an eRoll I'm not so sure now if I want an eGo. I really don't know much about an eRoll. I currently only have a blu cig kit which i mostly refill myself. I know that i do want something that isn't huge, weird and awkward looking. I mean i still wanna look good and stylish. I also do want plumes and plumes and plumes and plumes and plumes of vapor. Huge plumes!! Battery lasting time isn't really something I'm concerned about really. Thanks in advance guys

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
Form factor and compatibility will be quite different between the two. The eGo type PV's with their 510 connection will give you a lot of options for your delivery device. Atties, cartos clearos tanks etc.. but at a cost, which is size.

The eRoll has been getting good feedback from members and it's a pretty sweet little design, but it is completely proprietary. If you absolutely need the form factor of a blu, without it being a blu, the eRoll is among the better systems I've seen offered.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Here is the eRoll thread, where you can read reviews, ask questions etc. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/340059-joyetech-eroll.html
I have an eRoll and love it for it's tiny form factor and gorgeous PCC. However, I also have a ton of eGo's lol.... Oh and other stuff.

What I am trying to say is, no ONE device fits all my needs and moods. So my 2 cents is: if you love the eRoll AND the eGo, get both, because you will use them both :p. ANyway, nothing lasts forever and having backups is important.

Good luck!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    A 90mAh battery? Sorry but I think I will pass. IMO a SD Keyring with it's 300mAh LiPo battery is a far better choice for a small PV.

With a shorty 1.7 ohm Smoktech carto it's shorter than my index finger.
    P1000645.jpg

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    I just got an eroll last week and I really like it :) it's got great flavor and a good hit. It's very small and light - feels like a real cigarette. I only use it at work though when my hands are full and I need something "hands free". Keep in mind it only holds a half mil of juice. I'm frequently filling it.
    Take a look at the e-cab. It's about the size of a pen and holds more liquid.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you like the small form factor, check out smokeless image. They do a good job with the cig sized pv's. The eRoll has such a short battery life if don't see it being useful. If you ever chain vape for a good period of time you'll kill it quickly. Try the smokeless image kit with a PCC and you'll be set for a while.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    If you like the small form factor, check out smokeless image. They do a good job with the cig sized pv's. The eRoll has such a short battery life if don't see it being useful. If you ever chain vape for a good period of time you'll kill it quickly. Try the smokeless image kit with a PCC and you'll be set for a while.

I have the volts from SI and I like them a lot especially with the new nano tanks.
    The eRoll is not made for chain vaping. It's more like a cigarette. You take it out and vape it a few minutes then put it away. It's literally the size and weight of a cigarette. If your looking to chain vape you'll be very disappointed. You'll get about 20-30 mins on a battery. However for me the tank goes dry before the battery dies. The thing I like most is I can dangle it from my mouth when my hands are full.
    As a previous poster said no single pv fits every occasion. I use provaris at home. Egos in my office and ecabs and erolls when I'm on a jobsite. I also use volts when I'm out and about at the mall and such or visiting friends.

Ace7111

Nov 12, 2012
    Colorado
    I also started out with a blu kit but I got tired of always charging my batteries. I moved up to ego's and really liked the vapor the produced. All my ego's are 650mah which last a good few hours. They are pretty small in size and I can even use my blu cart.'s on them. I have since added an ego twist, a apollo vv, and a Zmax to my collection. I use my ego's at work and they all work great. But like the others have said it is what ever works for you.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The SD is heavier, and with the Eroll PCC you have an effective 1090ma...

But-but you can't vape the PCC :lol:

But at less than one ounce, I don't see the weight of a keyring as much of a problem. The main difference I see tho' is 60$ for the eRoll, and 20$ for the SD Keyring.

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    But-but you can't vape the PCC :lol:

But at less than one ounce, I don't see the weight of a keyring as much of a problem. The main difference I see tho' is 60$ for the eRoll, and 20$ for the SD Keyring.

Id need to buy 3 SDs to give it the 1090ma to last all day without a charge, 60 bucks. I didnt say its some heavy huge batt, but its too heavy to dangle in your lips

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    As I understand it the eroll is designed to mimic a regular cigarette as closely as possible. The process of taking it out of the PCC, using it for ten minutes or so, putting back into the PCC to charge for 30 minutes matches cigarette smoking process pretty darn close. This design is what allowed them to make the erool so small and light.
    I've also seen posts from people comparing it to KR808 stuff. I believe the eroll has a couple of distinct differences.
    First it runs at 4.2v fresh off the PCC, so it should produce more vapor and be a warmer vapor than the old KR808's.
    Second, its a tank so there's no cartomizers to fool with.
    At this point I've tried all of the KR808 stuff, I also had an SD, eGo's of every type (twist too) and I use a YJ mini lava tube with a RBA at home, but the eroll being a cig-a-like is more non-vaping public friendly. Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting the holiday to give one a try, but these are the reasons I thought it was worth trying. Santa is bringing me a eroll kit and a ucan juice container :)

HclExpress

Verified Member
    Feb 28, 2012
    Indiana
    Actually, im pretty impressed with the little eroll, I bought an extra atomizer body so I can vape one while the other charges...and I vape it pretty hard. Its held up really well so far...im at 4 weeks with it. Size/weight, and tank system, paried with the ego,atomizer...it produces a really good vape for such a small device. I definatly think you will be happy with santas delivery:)....with that being said, I also have tons of vape gear, besides the eroll

HclExpress

Verified Member
    Feb 28, 2012
    Indiana
    Done cheer leading, lol...but to address the OP...if size is the main concern, id go with the eroll. If you are fairly happy with the blu/ kr808 stuff...you would be thrilled with the eroll..or as dragonbone said...if you have the extra cash, get them both:). A eroll paired with a ego-c, woild be a pretty nice setup with a backup for both home and out and about on the town:)...but the pcc, pretty much takes the battery life issue out of the equation, as the eroll charges faster then it depletes, and with the extra atomizer body, you can continue to vape while the other charges, so its like having a 1090mah battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread