JOYETECH ERoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
For the first time, I'm actually thinking through a purchase before I jump and I'm really on the fence with this one.
I have a couple of 3.7v mini eGo's. One of these with a fresh charge and full mini nova in the morning will last my work day, so the eroll would actually cause me to need to carry more stuff and fiddle more with it more during the day. At home, I like the fiddle factor so this would soon take a back seat to my twists etc... I think I may have grown out of the target market for the eroll, my excitement for it is fading.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
For the first time, I'm actually thinking through a purchase before I jump and I'm really on the fence with this one.
I have a couple of 3.7v mini eGo's. One of these with a fresh charge and full mini nova in the morning will last my work day, so the eroll would actually cause me to need to carry more stuff and fiddle more with it more during the day. At home, I like the fiddle factor so this would soon take a back seat to my twists etc... I think I may have grown out of the target market for the eroll, my excitement for it is fading.

This would be something I could drop in my camera bag for a shoot, pull it out when I need it and then pop it back into the case and go back to work. A couple of extra pre-filled tanks in a case would go along with me. It would not be an everyday use item for myself but one that should fit into that scenario rather well. The smaller form factor is mainly what I like about it, I have enough stuff on my bag already. Bringing along my current PV stuff, juice and so on takes up room, this would take up much less and just be easier to grab, use and put away.

It is on the top of my maybe list right now.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
My biggest concern would be Not being able to use "510" CLearos/Cartos/Attys on Any e-Cigarette.

I have plenty of other things I can use those items on. I would want this for ease of use, not having to carry a lot of heavier items. I am sure there will be adapters, just as there are for the eCab. This unit is not for using 510 items, that is not it's goal. A simple, extremely cigarette like unit that works well. If they tank system does its job as well as it seems to in Field of Vapor's video, there will be no need for other 510 delivery methods. A few tanks, your PCC with the unit inside and your out the door for the day. If not extra tanks a Luer Lock syringe that is filled, capped and a blunt needle would do the trick as well.

This is not really created for most of us here, it just happens to fit a spot in my life where it might be easier on me or I would not be thinking about it at all for myself. I have some family members this would be perfect for, would probably make them much happier than the 510 setup they have now. Not everyone needs all the stuff most of us use or own. They just want an alternative to analogs and something that looks like a cigarette. Older crowd, social smokers, newbies as a transition device is who this unit will serve the best and I believe is their target audience.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have plenty of other things I can use those items on. I would want this for ease of use, not having to carry a lot of heavier items. I am sure there will be adapters, just as there are for the eCab. This unit is not for using 510 items, that is not it's goal. A simple, extremely cigarette like unit that works well. If they tank system does its job as well as it seems to in Field of Vapor's video, there will be no need for other 510 delivery methods. A few tanks, your PCC with the unit inside and your out the door for the day. If not extra tanks a Luer Lock syringe that is filled, capped and a blunt needle would do the trick as well.

I hear you. And I can see how an Ultra-Mini would come in Handy.

But since a Blu has Basicaly the same Feature Set and IS 510 threaded, why would you buy an eRoll over a Blu?

ianferrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
maumelle, ar
www.diyrecipebook.com
Re: blu vs eRoll... I guess that would kind of come down to whether you like cartos or already have ego-C stuff. The fact that it uses the same Attys as the C is a bonus to me.... And I don't even want to think about using a carto again. One nice plus for the eRoll might be that it charges in the PCC without having to unscrew the atty/carto.

If you're worried about having a 510 adapter you're really missing the point of this kit. This is not for gadget nerds and modders, its like the ecab in that way, which my wife has. Its just a good working, reliable system. Not the best taste, not the most vapor, not very gadgety. But, they work well, Well enough that someone could quit smoking analogs with them.... At the end of the day that's all that matters to a lot of people. Sure anything ego like has a bigger batter, and you can rig up a car battery to carry in your backpack to charge one of those.... But 99% of people don't wanna mess with that, they want a system that will last all day and not fall apart. They want something that looks and feels more like a cigarette... After a while they'll get sick of having to charge the thing, and maybe get an ego or other bigger batt device... Or maybe even quit vaping and move on with their lives, lol. At first my wife wouldn't touch anything that didn't look like a cig. Now she's at least got an ecab, moved up from joye 510ts, Much better system with cheaper attys... And its definitely going to last to the end of the year when we supposedly going to quit vaping. I tend to think that she would have liked an eRoll better, and it would have probably lasted just as well.

Last edited:

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well and it looks neat ... With an ego-c LR this vapes as good as an ego-c, you just have to keep a bottle of juice closeby, since it gets drained easily. Compared to a 510-pcc this is the major thing that I don't like about it, they should have added a tiny bottle or so, or at least you could have put in 2-3 empty cartridges, perhaps in version 2 :p. Yes it would have made the case bigger, but it would have made it the ultimate kit

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Well and it looks neat ... With an ego-c LR this vapes as good as an ego-c, you just have to keep a bottle of juice closeby, since it gets drained easily. Compared to a 510-pcc this is the major thing that I don't like about it, they should have added a tiny bottle or so, or at least you could have put in 2-3 empty cartridges, perhaps in version 2 :p. Yes it would have made the case bigger, but it would have made it the ultimate kit

Yes having to bust out a syringe and fill this a few times a day definitely has me looking over my shoulder lol. I am filling it maybe 4-5 times throughout the day, but using it primarily at the moment to see how it works. My only other issue has been if you try to take a bunch of hits and it starts getting warm, and burns easily at that point. I did find that using a thinner eliquid seems to make it work better as well.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes having to bust out a syringe and fill this a few times a day definitely has me looking over my shoulder lol. I am filling it maybe 4-5 times throughout the day, but using it primarily at the moment to see how it works. My only other issue has been if you try to take a bunch of hits and it starts getting warm, and burns easily at that point. I did find that using a thinner eliquid seems to make it work better as well.
Have you seen the Innokin U-Can? It has a little spike for filling. I am kicking myself now for not getting one when I ordered my MVP.

I think I am going to get some LR atties for my eRoll...

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
It's a few posts back. A review by Field of Vapor.

OK, thanks. I watched the review :). Anyway, I have been using it for a few hours now, and I love it. It looks really nice and smart, and not only that - it works well too.

Has anyone tried a LR atty? Will it fry the battery?

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
Yup, I did watch the video review. Nice!
What a swing in prices on this - I googled it and I'm seeing it from $79 to $49.95, so shop around......

Make sure that price includes the PCC or it will be useless. You also will find it listed as an Ovale and a JoyeTek product. It is the same thing from what I understand.

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
OK, thanks. I watched the review :). Anyway, I have been using it for a few hours now, and I love it. It looks really nice and smart, and not only that - it works well too.

Has anyone tried a LR atty? Will it fry the battery?

I havent tried the LR but i doubt it would fry the battery. Maybe the juice but i want to get one and test it too

Isnt it smaller than you could have imagined? I love how small and comfortable it is to use. I missed that about analogs after switching, and this helps fill that niche. I never wanted to quit smoking my entire life, i was a smoker til the grave. Then i tried an ecig and all that changed!

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Yup, I did watch the video review. Nice!
What a swing in prices on this - I googled it and I'm seeing it from $79 to $49.95, so shop around......

If you prefer ecigs to bulky PVs definitely get it.

Also another thing about these, ECBlend liquids bottles are the easiest to fill this with. Other bottles im using a syringe. Vaping a mix half raspberry half vanilla malt 80/20 18mg in it right now. Not making huge clouds but the flavor and hit are fantastic

ianferrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
maumelle, ar
www.diyrecipebook.com
My thought is that with such a tiny battery, its really not a good idea to ask it to flow a lot of current like an LR atty asks for. I bet you it will do it... But I also promise that the batteries won't last as long before they quit taking a charge or lasting very long. For ~$9/piece on batteries, it might not be a big deal to many, but my suggestiong is to use a slightly higher nic juice and more PG to get throat hit out of them instead of using LR attys... that will make the tiny juice tanks last longer too. Even standard ATTYs are putting quite a bit of load on such a tiny battery, and imo thats why 510 batteries and the like die a lot faster than say and 18650 in a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread