Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I got mine in yesterday and have been very pleased with it. It is a sample unit (won it in a giveaway) so I’m not sure if it is any different than the retail version.

The screen is just gorgeous. This is the best feature by far. Nice and clear, and big enough that I can actually read everything even with my old eyes. Perfect.

I have several joyetech/Wismec mods and this is the best build quality I’ve seen from them to date. Zero rattles on anything, and the battery door is both easy to flip open but stays securely shut. There is a wee gap when it is closed, but it’s very minor. It’s not nearly as pronounced as the gap in the video a few posts back. In fact, I didn’t even notice it until I specifically looked for it after seeing the video.

The 510 seems pretty solid. It certainly is better in terms of depth of travel than any other Joyetech 510 I’ve used. Since this didn’t cost me anything I abused it by screwing on a tank and then racking it side-to-side with a lot of force to see if the threaded insert would pop out as it can with the Predator. I’m pleased to report it remained rock solid. Plus, every atty I tried sat nice and flush. Looks great with the Ammit dual (my current favorite tank).

The menu navigation is a little easier than the usual Joyetech/Wismec since the layout takes advantage of the larger screen with a slightly different navigation method. Still, useful features such as pre-heat require too many button presses to get to. TC performance is decent, but not tremendously smooth. While the stock firmware is perfectly functional, I’ll absolutely will be loading Arctic Fox once it’s available for this mod.

I got it for free but, had I paid for it, I would absolutely say it is worth the price charged.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I got mine in yesterday and have been very pleased with it. It is a sample unit (won it in a giveaway) so I’m not sure if it is any different than the retail version.

The screen is just gorgeous. This is the best feature by far. Nice and clear, and big enough that I can actually read everything even with my old eyes. Perfect.

I have several Joyetech/Wismec mods and this is the best build quality I’ve seen from them to date. Zero rattles on anything, and the battery door is both easy to flip open but stays securely shut. There is a wee gap when it is closed, but it’s very minor. It’s not nearly as pronounced as the gap in the video a few posts back. In fact, I didn’t even notice it until I specifically looked for it after seeing the video.

The 510 seems pretty solid. It certainly is better in terms of depth of travel than any other Joyetech 510 I’ve used. Since this didn’t cost me anything I abused it by screwing on a tank and then racking it side-to-side with a lot of force to see if the threaded insert would pop out as it can with the Predator. I’m pleased to report it remained rock solid. Plus, every atty I tried sat nice and flush. Looks great with the Ammit dual (my current favorite tank).

The menu navigation is a little easier than the usual Joyetech/Wismec since the layout takes advantage of the larger screen with a slightly different navigation method. Still, useful features such as pre-heat require too many button presses to get to. TC performance is decent, but not tremendously smooth. While the stock firmware is perfectly functional, I’ll absolutely will be loading Arctic Fox once it’s available for this mod.

I got it for free but, had I paid for it, I would absolutely say it is worth the price charged.
Nice review... Makes me feel even more excited ordering this mod.

What is this"Arctic Fox" you mentioned?

Never mind, I googled it and I will read up on it... Sounds very interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelsonm64

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Ah I didn't know there was already a thread for this. Posted this in the Temp Control section...

Bought one of these the other day. I've been vaping over 7 years now but ever since turning to sub-ohming, I've been going more and more stealth as time goes on, but everything about the eVic Primo Mini and ProCore Aries looked great to me, both in looks and function, regardless of it being larger than I've had in a while. I never thought I'd bother going larger that a 22mm tank either, but I was curious in the 25. Man am I glad I got it. I'm definitely buying more of these tanks. Best experience I've ever had. Also more airflow than I'm use to, but even though I thought I preferred slight more restrictive airflow (and often cut airflow down) I'm vaping this wide open and absolutely loving it. The device itself is surprisingly light by the way. Anyway, here's some comparison shots...

34330285285_ea1ccfd009_b.jpg

34330285725_b9485250e8_b.jpg

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Ah I didn't know there was already a thread for this. Posted this in the Temp Control section...

Bought one of these the other day. I've been vaping over 7 years now but ever since turning to sub-ohming, I've been going more and more stealth as time goes on, but everything about the eVic Primo Mini and ProCore Aries looked great to me, both in looks and function, regardless of it being larger than I've had in a while. I never thought I'd bother going larger that a 22mm tank either, but I was curious in the 25. Man am I glad I got it. I'm definitely buying more of these tanks. Best experience I've ever had. Also more airflow than I'm use to, but even though I thought I preferred slight more restrictive airflow (and often cut airflow down) I'm vaping this wide open and absolutely loving it. The device itself is surprisingly light by the way. Anyway, here's some comparison shots...

34330285285_ea1ccfd009_b.jpg

34330285725_b9485250e8_b.jpg
Lookin Good. Where did you get your Primo?

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
So, how is the mod working out for you ?

I'll try not to repeat my other two posts, but I'm pretty blown away by it honestly. Fits in the hand so nice and it's the best button I've ever used. Incredibly easy to swap batteries or fill juice. I don't normal care about clouds or a device's screen, but both are great.

I'll compare it to the other mod I got at the same time, the Eleaf iKonn, as an example. I expected to like the iKonn more, which is really small but holds an extra ml of juice. I've been going small for quite a while. I also figured I'd be fine with the simplicity of the iKonn not having a screen. The iKonn sucks though.

I've used both of the new Eleaf coils, the HW1 and HW2. The SS HW1 had no flavor, started leaking fairly quickly and had very restricted airflow, even for me. The Kanthal HW2 had to be better right? Nope. Exact same experience but maybe slightly better flavor. The Joyetech ProCore Aries with the ProC1 coil though is simply outstanding in every way with zero leaking. Both are a joy to refill though.

Also, the iKonn is surprisingly heavy for it's size. The eVic Primo Mini is lighter and more comfortable to hold. Though the iKonn isn't difficult to swap batteries, the eVic Primo Mini is much easier.

Today I ordered two more ProCore Aries tanks, one red and one blue, to color code my juice. I also ordered not only more C1 coils but also a pack of C2 coils. I almost didn't because I can't imagine any pre-made coil being better than the C1 in this tank, but I'm very curious. Purchasing just the tank also comes with a C4 coil, which the mod didn't have. I'll try that too, though the eVic Primo Mini is really underpowered for that coil. Both the eVic Primo Mini and the ProCore Aries tank also come with the ProC1-S MTL coil, but I won't be using them. I am curious if the ProC1 will fit in the iKonn since it looks very similar to the HW coils. If it does, I'll try it out to see if I can get any use out of the iKonn.

eVic_Primo_Mini_with_ProCore_Aries_06.jpg

Last edited:

JuiceJug

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Canton,OH
I'll try not to repeat my other two posts, but I'm pretty blown away by it honestly. Fits in the hand so nice and it's the best button I've ever used. Incredibly easy to swap batteries or fill juice. I don't normal care about clouds or a device's screen, but both are great.

I'll compare it to the other mod I got at the same time, the Leaf iKonn, as an example. I expected to like the iKonn more, which is really small but holds an extra ml of juice. I've been going small for quite a while. I also figured I'd be fine with the simplicity of the iKonn not having a screen. The iKonn sucks though.

I've used both of the new Eleaf coils, the HW1 and HW2. The SS HW1 had no flavor, started leaking fairly quickly and had very restricted airflow, even for me. The Kanthal HW2 had to be better right? Nope. Exact same experience but maybe slightly better flavor. The Joyetech ProCore Aries with the ProC1 coil though is simply outstanding in every way with zero leaking. Both are a joy to refill though.

Also, the iKonn is surprisingly heavy for it's size. The eVic Primo Mini is lighter and more comfortable to hold. Though the iKonn isn't difficult to swap batteries, the eVic Primo Mini is much easier.

Today I ordered two more ProCore Aries tanks, one red and one blue, to color code my juice. I also ordered not only more C1 coils but also a pack of C2 coils. I almost didn't because I can't imagine any pre-made coil being better than the C1 in this tank, but I'm very curious. Purchasing just the tank also comes with a C4 coil, which the mod didn't have. I'll try that too, though the eVic Primo Mini is really underpowered for that coil. Both the eVic Primo Mini and the ProCore Aries tank also come with the ProC1-S MTL coil, but I won't be using them. I am curious if the ProC1 will fit in the iKonn since it looks very similar to the HW coils. If it does, I'll try it out to see if I can get any use out of the iKonn.

eVic_Primo_Mini_with_ProCore_Aries_06.jpg
Thanks for the update. Probably ordering one soon

Reactions: Garnoch

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC

I'll compare it to the other mod I got at the same time, the Eleaf iKonn, as an example. I expected to like the iKonn more, which is really small but holds an extra ml of juice. I've been going small for quite a while. I also figured I'd be fine with the simplicity of the iKonn not having a screen. The iKonn sucks though.

If anyone is curious, Joyetech's new ProC coils in the ProCore Aries are compatible/swappable with Eleaf's new HW coils in the ELLO and ELLO Mini.

Joyetech's ProC1 is a more airy draw than the HW1 & HW2. I personally much prefer the flavor of these new Joyetech coils as well so now I know I can get some use out of the iKonn I bought, especially since I like the ProC1 most at 50w and that's exactly what the iKonn is supplying on a fresh battery.

34423869261_b7814ca9e2_b.jpg

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Both Primo Minis arrived at exactly the same time. :sleep:

Great device, installed ArcticFox firmware on both immediately.

510 is deep (I had to adjust my atomisers 510 pins to be longer)
Battery access is very easy to use
Screen is HUGE
Very lightweight - maybe too much so with a heavy atomiser making it top heavy (?)
Overall size is good - remarkably small with a big fire button.

The ovate design is great for larger atomisers and to make even 22/23s fit appropriately,
I`ve said it before that they could and should have done this a LONG time ago.

The black carbon fibre effect on the rear (of the silver) appears to be nothing more than an adhesive paper sticker so I think this will wear away.
Would be MUCH better with a slightly "sticky" vinyl wrap for grip - which would be very easy to apply.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Screen is HUGE

That has to be my favorite feature on the Primo. As a comparison, the pic below is the Primo screen next to the Evic Mini (which I used to think was a large screen). No more squinting!!

Both have Arctic Fox "Classic" screen layout loaded.

SCREEN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread