Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
eVic_Primo_Mini_14.png
I'm getting one of these as soon as they become available... Beautiful mod!

Authentic Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W Silver TC VW Mod

Last edited:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Almost 2 weeks from my last post, and NO feedback. I waited long enough, as I'm sure folks are too busy to add their experience. So until more get back, I'll say I have NOT had ANY of the problems posted, and I had as well, after I made the adjustment mentioned in my previous post above. It was not my solution, just something I read and shared. If and when it may happen again, next time I'll add some loctite to those threads so it can't back out.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Screen is HUGE

That has to be my favorite feature on the Primo. As a comparison, the pic below is the Primo screen next to the Evic Mini (which I used to think was a large screen). No more squinting!!

Both have Arctic Fox "Classic" screen layout loaded.

SCREEN.jpg

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
My carbon fiber skin doesn't seems to be well glued on. Can feel some bubbles at the corners. Having this urge to peel it off but afraid it might looks ugly. =X

Do not remove the skin unless you have an alternative to cover it back up with.

Both mine were quite poorly done and I found the thick material made quite a "sharp" edge on each side on the lower part of the sloped, forward vertical edge(s)

I have removed both, one will be a test for a spray coating and the other will be vinyl wrapped (now I have the simple template)

The metal underneath the skin is naturally not brushed but is raw and unevenly coated/badly finished - it won`t polish up properly.

I also found the whole body to be rather cheaply made, the battery door, while it looks perfect on the mock-ups, in reality is less than ideal.
The 3 springs push the door out leaving sharp edges at the sides and below - at the hinged area of the battery door.

I found it highly annoying - so sanded them down, hence the reason for removing the carbon wrap in the first place as I needed to get the back off.

sandeddownhere.png

Sanded down here & here to take the sharp edges down - the whole back section comes away so not a problem to do

readytospry.png

The main body lightly sanded here for the spray test - the raised edges/base/door can easily be polished back.

I apologise for my 16px burner phone cam ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've heard about the bad 510 connection on the predator but I've had mine over a month with no problems. It goes from home to my car to work then back to car and home. I haven't noticed any looseness in the connector.

nate77

Apr 27, 2017
    Just got another LOW BATTERY message, voltage of 18650 is actually 4.0v. I tried playing with a suggestion I saw someplace of tightening the tiny screw you see next to the battery door hinge on the bottom of the device that's inline with the USB port on side. A T5 TORX driver worked best. I was able to tighten it just a bit, and low battery warning went away. Now go counter clockwise on same screw and device SHUTS OFF. So this screw also has an effect, not sure if it's a ground point, or what's its purpose is, but as I mentioned in my last post above, I had issues with this device just powering off on its own along with the other issues mentioned.

Working better so far, but probably too early to tell if this is actually a "fix" or not for either my odd intermittent shut offs as well as low battery warnings.

If you have the proper TORX T5 driver, give it a try, making the screw as tight as possible, and report back on your findings. I'm on firmware 6.06, which was from March 2017, since they have NOT updated it since then, it's either an isolated problem, not reported enough to Joyetech, or it's NOT fixable through firmware and will just be ignored or fixed in new hardware runs and thus hidden from early buyers like me, or ignored with newer models later on!

Thank you,

I was at half battery, getting the weak battery error, and only firing at 28 watts, when I had it set at 50. I first tried holding the battery door closed, that had no effect, then I tightened the screw, even though the screw didn't move much, it is now firing at 50 watts with no low battery error.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I got mine in yesterday and have been very pleased with it. It is a sample unit (won it in a giveaway) so I’m not sure if it is any different than the retail version.

The screen is just gorgeous. This is the best feature by far. Nice and clear, and big enough that I can actually read everything even with my old eyes. Perfect.

I have several Joyetech/Wismec mods and this is the best build quality I’ve seen from them to date. Zero rattles on anything, and the battery door is both easy to flip open but stays securely shut. There is a wee gap when it is closed, but it’s very minor. It’s not nearly as pronounced as the gap in the video a few posts back. In fact, I didn’t even notice it until I specifically looked for it after seeing the video.

The 510 seems pretty solid. It certainly is better in terms of depth of travel than any other Joyetech 510 I’ve used. Since this didn’t cost me anything I abused it by screwing on a tank and then racking it side-to-side with a lot of force to see if the threaded insert would pop out as it can with the Predator. I’m pleased to report it remained rock solid. Plus, every atty I tried sat nice and flush. Looks great with the Ammit dual (my current favorite tank).

The menu navigation is a little easier than the usual Joyetech/Wismec since the layout takes advantage of the larger screen with a slightly different navigation method. Still, useful features such as pre-heat require too many button presses to get to. TC performance is decent, but not tremendously smooth. While the stock firmware is perfectly functional, I’ll absolutely will be loading Arctic Fox once it’s available for this mod.

I got it for free but, had I paid for it, I would absolutely say it is worth the price charged.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    So far I'm loving this mod. Love the looks and feel in my hand. Very small and weighs almost nothing. (Almost too lite) No button rattles and the large fire button is nice and easy to press. (Might fire in your pocket tho) The large screen is awesome and easy to see everything. My Engines fit perfectly too!...

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    FYI:

To remove the case/access the board...you must remove three Torx screws

One underneath and another two that sit on either side, hidden under the skin

2017-05-18_111526.png

Once removed, the rear of the device slides off.

The skin is a plastic-like material that is held down with rubberised type adhesive.

NB: Do NOT remove it - it doesn`t go back on and easily rips.

Edit: It is possible to carefully remove the sticker/wrap when using very hot water to soften the glue and slowly peeling the wrap away.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    You should always stick to what you know, for sub ohm the cleito is a very good tank. I smashed mine though :(
    Very good flavour and the coils I use taste great at 40 watts. Much like you I never go above that and you get great battery life.
    Wismec, Eleaf, and Joyetech are pretty much the same company.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Press the fire button three times and then the plus button to select the clock. Then the clock will be on the main screen. Then press the fire button four times and the date will flash. Press the minus button until the hour or minutes flash. Then use the plus button to change the time.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Just got another LOW BATTERY message, voltage of 18650 is actually 4.0v. I tried playing with a suggestion I saw someplace of tightening the tiny screw you see next to the battery door hinge on the bottom of the device that's inline with the USB port on side. A T5 TORX driver worked best. I was able to tighten it just a bit, and low battery warning went away. Now go counter clockwise on same screw and device SHUTS OFF. So this screw also has an effect, not sure if it's a ground point, or what's its purpose is, but as I mentioned in my last post above, I had issues with this device just powering off on its own along with the other issues mentioned.

Working better so far, but probably too early to tell if this is actually a "fix" or not for either my odd intermittent shut offs as well as low battery warnings.

If you have the proper TORX T5 driver, give it a try, making the screw as tight as possible, and report back on your findings. I'm on firmware 6.06, which was from March 2017, since they have NOT updated it since then, it's either an isolated problem, not reported enough to Joyetech, or it's NOT fixable through firmware and will just be ignored or fixed in new hardware runs and thus hidden from early buyers like me, or ignored with newer models later on!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread