20170513_124336-1.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 126

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
So far I'm loving this mod. Love the looks and feel in my hand. Very small and weighs almost nothing. (Almost too lite) No button rattles and the large fire button is nice and easy to press. (Might fire in your pocket tho) The large screen is awesome and easy to see everything. My Engines fit perfectly too!...

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
As a thumb-presser I find the design lends itself better towards an index finger press,
the fingers wrap more naturally around the thicker side rather than the narrower which makes for a more acute angle of grip.

Also noticed I can feel the battery flap when holding the device resting on the little finger for support/balance and extended usage,
that`s a bit annoying and a bit more precision on the battery door design would have been better.
The door is slightly wider at the hinge than the bottom of the device itself - it should be flush with the body.

Electronically I have noticed no problems (wattage mode only).

Reactions: ricks

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
FYI:

To remove the case/access the board...you must remove three Torx screws

One underneath and another two that sit on either side, hidden under the skin

2017-05-18_111526.png

Once removed, the rear of the device slides off.

The skin is a plastic-like material that is held down with rubberised type adhesive.

NB: Do NOT remove it - it doesn`t go back on and easily rips.

Edit: It is possible to carefully remove the sticker/wrap when using very hot water to soften the glue and slowly peeling the wrap away.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just received my primo mini and noticed that every so often I have to 5x clicks to turn back on the device. is this normal? I did upgrade to the latest firmware. Please advise. Thanks in advance
The newest update has a feature has a "For safety concerns, if you hold the fire button over a certain time, the device will shout down automatically. Press the fire button 5 times to turn it on again.

Due to different vaping habits, you’re allowed to set the timeout duration from 5 to 10 seconds as you prefer. Hold the fire button and “+” button simultaneous to active the menu. Press the “+” button 3 times to shift to timeout set interface. Press the “-” button to set the timeout duration. Press the fire button to confirm. "

Is yours set too low?

dyzfnctional

Mar 28, 2013
honolulu, hi
The newest update has a feature has a "For safety concerns, if you hold the fire button over a certain time, the device will shout down automatically. Press the fire button 5 times to turn it on again.

Due to different vaping habits, you’re allowed to set the timeout duration from 5 to 10 seconds as you prefer. Hold the fire button and “+” button simultaneous to active the menu. Press the “+” button 3 times to shift to timeout set interface. Press the “-” button to set the timeout duration. Press the fire button to confirm. "

Is yours set too low?

I have mines set to 10sec. Guessing thats the max and there are times I reach that max...

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
My carbon fiber skin doesn't seems to be well glued on. Can feel some bubbles at the corners. Having this urge to peel it off but afraid it might looks ugly. =X

Do not remove the skin unless you have an alternative to cover it back up with.

Both mine were quite poorly done and I found the thick material made quite a "sharp" edge on each side on the lower part of the sloped, forward vertical edge(s)

I have removed both, one will be a test for a spray coating and the other will be vinyl wrapped (now I have the simple template)

The metal underneath the skin is naturally not brushed but is raw and unevenly coated/badly finished - it won`t polish up properly.

I also found the whole body to be rather cheaply made, the battery door, while it looks perfect on the mock-ups, in reality is less than ideal.
The 3 springs push the door out leaving sharp edges at the sides and below - at the hinged area of the battery door.

I found it highly annoying - so sanded them down, hence the reason for removing the carbon wrap in the first place as I needed to get the back off.

sandeddownhere.png

Sanded down here & here to take the sharp edges down - the whole back section comes away so not a problem to do

readytospry.png

The main body lightly sanded here for the spray test - the raised edges/base/door can easily be polished back.

I apologise for my 16px burner phone cam ;)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Do not remove the skin unless you have an alternative to cover it back up with.

Both mine were quite poorly done and I found the thick material made quite a "sharp" edge on each side on the lower part of the sloped, forward vertical edge(s)

I have removed both, one will be a test for a spray coating and the other will be vinyl wrapped (now I have the simple template)

The metal underneath the skin is naturally not brushed but is raw and unevenly coated/badly finished - it won`t polish up properly.

I also found the whole body to be rather cheaply made, the battery door, while it looks perfect on the mock-ups, in reality is less than ideal.
The 3 springs push the door out leaving sharp edges at the sides and below - at the hinged area of the battery door.

I found it highly annoying - so sanded them down, hence the reason for removing the carbon wrap in the first place as I needed to get the back off.

sandeddownhere.png

Sanded down here & here to take the sharp edges down - the whole back section comes away so not a problem to do

readytospry.png

The main body lightly sanded here for the spray test - the raised edges/base/door can easily be polished back.

I apologise for my 16px burner phone cam ;)
I'm looking forward to see your work when they are done.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
I attempted a vinyl wrap but I couldn`t get it to be perfect - so I had to stop after the 4th attempt before I smashed the whole lot right through the window.

It looked to be very easy as it`s just a basic shape, for some reason (likely my fault) I just couldn`t seem to get it right !

(I did use the template of the original carbon wrap I removed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread