Joyetech Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I won the Penguin in a contest recently- probably would have never bought one since I thought, this can't be any good! Well I was wrong, this device is a beast, vapes great for me with the .25Ω coil, very lightweight and great battery life and liquid capacity for pretty much all day vaping when out and about!
Hubby who is trying to love vaping has stolen this from me and has been using it now for a month at work, he does not care for the .25Ω coil- too airy. But he managed to burn out the coil in 3 weeks of usage and about 60ml 30pg/70vg of juice, by not checking to make sure the tank had liquid- since there is no window!
He likes the .6Ω coil much better any ways more MTL- Thank Goodness because that is the spare coil pack I bought for him the .6Ω!
The coils and tanks are expensive and hard to find right now only a few US vendors had stock, hopefully that will change soon. He only likes Grape eliquids so no worry for him on spare tanks yet!
Joyetech-Penguin Coils! Available Now!
I bought these when they had a Memorial Day sale!
I see that Eciggity has them for a much better price now- they were more expensive in May!
Joyetech ATOPACK Penguin Coils (5 Pack)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I won the Penguin in a contest recently- probably would have never bought one since I thought, this can't be any good! Well I was wrong, this device is a beast, vapes great for me with the .25Ω coil, very lightweight and great battery life and liquid capacity for pretty much all day vaping when out and about!
Hubby who is trying to love vaping has stolen this from me and has been using it now for a month at work, he does not care for the .25Ω coil- too airy. But he managed to burn out the coil in 3 weeks of usage and about 60ml 30pg/70vg of juice, by not checking to make sure the tank had liquid- since there is no window!
He likes the .6Ω coil much better any ways more MTL- Thank Goodness because that is the spare coil pack I bought for him the .6Ω!
The coils and tanks are expensive and hard to find right now only a few US vendors had stock, hopefully that will change soon. He only likes Grape eliquids so no worry for him on spare tanks yet!
Joyetech-Penguin Coils! Available Now!
I bought these when they had a Memorial Day sale!
I see that Eciggity has them for a much better price now- they were more expensive in May!
Joyetech ATOPACK Penguin Coils (5 Pack)
That's how I burned mine out, too! I found that if I top off the tank when I charge it I can avoid doing that again. The tank holds enough juice to not run dry between chargings and it's become habit for me now. :)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
That's how I burned mine out, too! I found that if I top off the tank when I charge it I can avoid doing that again. The tank holds enough juice to not run dry between chargings and it's become habit for me now. :)
Yea- I have been checking on his every few days now- I have been able to clean my Freemax Pure coils for a few more uses with super hot water and a qtip and they are great- but this Penguin coil doesn't look as good for that, maybe because he burned it out, the plastic housing that the coil sits in looks stained. I tried cleaning it, he hasn't tried vaping the "cleaned coil " yet.

Reactions: cooladdict

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
If I am able to run 90 ml of juice through a coil (which for me is 5 days) I will be happy. At $2.20 per coil sure beats cigs. As a side note: how long does processing take at mvs?
My last order at MVS took a couple of days in processing before they shipped it out. That was a couple of weeks ago. They used to get it out the next day, but I have noticed they are a little slower lately. They are a big place, so I assume that they get lots of orders. Patience is needed lately, but they will get it out.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
My last order at MVS took a couple of days in processing before they shipped it out. That was a couple of weeks ago. They used to get it out the next day, but I have noticed they are a little slower lately. They are a big place, so I assume that they get lots of orders. Patience is needed lately, but they will get it out.
Thanks

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yea- I have been checking on his every few days now- I have been able to clean my Freemax Pure coils for a few more uses with super hot water and a qtip and they are great- but this Penguin coil doesn't look as good for that, maybe because he burned it out, the plastic housing that the coil sits in looks stained. I tried cleaning it, he hasn't tried vaping the "cleaned coil " yet.
I clean my Starre Pure coils the same way. I did try to clean the .25 Penguin coil the same way but I didn't get very good results. I wasn't able to figure out if that was because I had already burned the coil out (it tasted burnt before and after cleaning) or if, as you said, it's just not going to be a good way to clean the Penguin coils. I also get staining on the ceramic after a tank or so of juice but it hasn't caused any off taste with the .6 ohm coil I've been vaping on for the past 3 weeks. It's weird that only that little curved area gets stained, though, right? If I can get a few weeks' worth of usage out of the .25s I will be happy with that, though. I am dying to put that coil through it's paces! :)

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I was going to ask the same question, lol! I haven't ordered from MVS in a long time. Since my other order for these coils still says "processing" I', quite sure MVS will win the vape mail race. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
When I get my replacement .25 coils and the new cartridge I ordered, I am going to put a 50/50 juice in it and see how it does. I did soak my burnt .25 coil in vodka overnight, but I haven't tried it since then.
Good idea! I might try the ultrasonic cleaner with the .6 ohm one and see what happens.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I clean my Starre Pure coils the same way. I did try to clean the .25 Penguin coil the same way but I didn't get very good results. I wasn't able to figure out if that was because I had already burned the coil out (it tasted burnt before and after cleaning) or if, as you said, it's just not going to be a good way to clean the Penguin coils. I also get staining on the ceramic after a tank or so of juice but it hasn't caused any off taste with the .6 ohm coil I've been vaping on for the past 3 weeks. It's weird that only that little curved area gets stained, though, right? If I can get a few weeks' worth of usage out of the .25s I will be happy with that, though. I am dying to put that coil through it's paces! :)

Yes, mine has staining where the coil tray, from the little metal clips at the bottom, through the top where the coil sits in that curved area. I tried scrubbing it with a toothbrush too- nope still a yellowish stain. I thought that part was plastic, but turns out it is all ceramic except for those little metal tabs! The coil itself looks OK- haven't tried vaping it yet.My burned out one is the .25Ω . I myself like that coil, more my style of vaping, but hubby likes the .6Ω coil- is a tighter draw for him! Looks like some kind of corrosion, not sure if that affects the flavor yet, waiting to see how long he gets on the .6Ω coil- which is going on 2 weeks- but he is not a heavy vaper and 8ml of juice last 3-4 days for him. I go through at least 8ml of juice in a day!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yes, mine has staining where the coil tray, from the little metal clips at the bottom, through the top where the coil sits in that curved area. I tried scrubbing it with a toothbrush too- nope still a yellowish stain. I thought that part was plastic, but turns out it is all ceramic except for those little metal tabs! The coil itself looks OK- haven't tried vaping it yet.My burned out one is the .25Ω . I myself like that coil, more my style of vaping, but hubby likes the .6Ω coil- is a tighter draw for him! Looks like some kind of corrosion, not sure if that affects the flavor yet, waiting to see how long he gets on the .6Ω coil- which is going on 2 weeks- but he is not a heavy vaper and 8ml of juice last 3-4 days for him. I go through at least 8ml of juice in a day!
I had the same problem with getting the ceramic clean on the cCell coils. It didn't seem to affect the flavor of those coils, even when I added menthol to my juice, so hopefully it's the same with these! :) I was going through a tank a day on the .6 coil for a while but I have backed way off since this coil is getting old and I didn't know when I would get my replacement coils. I did just get an email saying my coils from MVS have shipped, so YAY! No tracking yet, but I don't think it will be longer than a few days even with first class shipping. I hope I don't kill myself on a new .25 coil after having this .6 one in here so long, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread