Joyetech Type B atomizer leaking ... DIY fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjtk

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Norman, OK
www.primevisual.com
So I've used the 510's for a couple of years now, and have recently tried the Ego-T Mega Type B tank system. I loved it at first. Then after a few refills it started to leak out both ends. I realized the hole that gets punctured in the tank "cap" was too large. This seemed to be the main issue. After some thought and research I think I've come up with a decent fix. I have not tried the new polyurethane tops, but I'd assume they end up with the same issue. Maybe not? IDK.

What I did to fix the leak is simple. After learning that Saran Wrap has a melting point of 250F, I figured it may be useful in creating a new seal. So, I took a piece of the wrap, folded it over once, then placed it over the open end of the tank after I had filled it. I then took the cap and pressed it over the wrap with no problem. The cap tightens the wrap, which is great. I tried puncturing the wrap with the atomizers "spike" tube, but to no avail. I then poked the hole manually using a small blunt tip syringe needle (much smaller than the "spike" diameter).

Ever since doing this mod, I have had no leaks! Granted I'm still on my first tank, and I'll need to replace the wrap with each refill, but nevertheless I am hopeful. :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread