Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Why am I getting dry hots the second I increase my wattage on the ceramic coil??!! I am.so disappointed. In one week Li have been through several coils. I prime it then I let it sit for 20 minutes
It sounds like you have your wattage too high. I vape mine at 35 watts and get amazing flavor and vapor from it. You shouldn't even need to let it sit after installation. I prime the coil with a few drops of juice on the cotton through the juice holee, install and vape! Maybe try starting off at lower wattage and gradually increasing until you get the experience you are looking for. Three coils in a week is not normal for these coils. :(

J ulti

Sep 13, 2016
If you are using the MG series coil, it can only hold 80-90 watts max. I run mine at 80watts on a regular basis. Also, if you have 100%PG juice (super thick) that may be causing it. When you are using a brand new coil, it is best to "break it in" by lower your wattage and slowly going higher. Coils arent fans of just being cranked up to their max wattage point right when they are brand new.
Thanks for your reply. I prime it thoroughly and I let it sit in the tank for half an hour before vaping. I run it at below 40w and slowly increase. By the time I'm at 55W I start getting dry hits. 80W is just a dream. At 60w I'm all burnt out.
I vape a 70VG/30PG juice. I had presumed that the size of the wicking holes and amount of wicking material that dry or burnt hits would be rare. I am disappointed.

Reactions: cooladdict

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks for your reply. I prime it thoroughly and I let it sit in the tank for half an hour before vaping. I run it at below 40w and slowly increase. By the time I'm at 55W I start getting dry hits. 80W is just a dream. At 60w I'm all burnt out.
I vape a 70VG/30PG juice. I had presumed that the size of the wicking holes and amount of wicking material that dry or burnt hits would be rare. I am disappointed.

Sounds like you may have a bad coil, do you have any others to try perhaps?

Also, why are we discussing this in a sales thread when we have a dedicated Ultimo thread?
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

New tank from Joyetech: Ultimo

J ulti

Sep 13, 2016
Sounds like you may have a bad coil, do you have any others to try perhaps?

Also, why are we discussing this in a sales thread when we have a dedicated Ultimo thread?
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

New tank from Joyetech: Ultimo
Hi. Sorry, I'm new on here and just joined in the discussion.

I have been through a number of coils already :-(

The coils generally read at 0.61 ohms on my eleaf ipower 80W.

Could this be the source of my problem?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Hi. Sorry, I'm new on here and just joined in the discussion.

I have been through a number of coils already :-(

The coils generally read at 0.61 ohms on my eleaf ipower 80W.

Could this be the source of my problem?

No worries, it's no biggie. I just think it's best to keep the discussion in one thread so all the info is in one place for future reference. That way people that are new to this tank only have to read one thread to learn everything about it there is to know.

Nah, the resistance doesn't really matter since you're not using it in TC mode and a little variation always happens with pre-made factory coils. Frankly I'm puzzled what your problem is. I suspect you just got unlucky and got a bunch of bad coils. It's clear to me now that the claptons for this tank are poorly made and don't last long, but the ceramic should work. You're not alone in this though, many have problems with getting that coil to work and/or to stop it from leaking.

People seem to have a more consistent success with the notch (MG-QCS) coils for this tank but I have no personal experience with those yet.

Joyetech makes great mods but apparently they still have a lot to learn before they manage to produce a good, reliable tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread